Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Again, there probably is a reason why De La Cruz is free.

All those transfers made sense at the time. Just two months ago signing Maleševič seemed like a great idea after her excellent NT campaign. On paper the team seems very well balanced. Something backfired. Those things happen.
    Just like there's no apparent reason why the MB duo in Eczacibasi wouldn't rock the court, but for some reason it's not happening.

I absolutely agree.. Some months ago people here were talking about how great the transfer of Malesevic was, because she was great during WC.. then I was saying that it made no sense to sign 3 defensive OHs and one very unstable attacking player, and nobody agreed with me.

I don't agree that the team looks balanced on paper though.. They have 3 receiving OHs, Cruz can be a good scorer but as her last season with Rabita has shown she wasn't, neither was receiving good. Their 4th OH was pretty bad in Modena, especially receiving and also not a reliable attacker. Fabris was supposed to score and play as she does, that's true. Guiggi is a good attacker, slider I should say, Chiricella is a blocker, she is a bad attacker same as Fetisova.. She sometimes can attack and score well, but she isn't reliable and is primary a blocking MB. So they needed either a scoring OH as Klineman was last season.. so she could support the OPP.. or they should've signed another attacking MB as Foluke, Jackson, Dixon.. Also the setter Signorille is not great, so she needs great attackers... the reason they did so good last season was because she had nice reception and dominant attackers as Barun and Klineman.. she also had Hill and Guiggi. and set pretty fast... It's the same as Startseva for example she is not great, but has great attackers and does well

• Perhaps the idea was to invest in a wider roster instead of a single marquee player. That's where Novara has the advantage over other teams in Italy, I mean, just look at the mess Piacenza is with those injuries or how much Piccinini's injury affected Pomi even though she's not really their key player anymore. In Novara they have more options to chose from and there's still time to get it right.
    Like Sidney said, it's not like they're fighting to avoid relegation or anything. Besides, there were probably some things behind the scenes that affected the team play.

• Bauer just had a cold, I imagine she will be back soon.
    Meijners is the same problem as before...they said she would be back for the match against Bergamo, but still she hasnt return, so dont know.

• Bolzano is winning 2:1 and in 4.set they are in lead. Bernarda Brcic coming back after injury is affected positive on team Bolzano. I hope that they can win :D

Bergamo won against Modena 3:0 Plak with good performance again.
    Novara just lost against Piacenza 3:0 Sorokratio Top scorer with 18 points.

• Novara :white: And Piacenza was missing Ognjenović and Meijners. Clearly this "shock therapy" of firing Pedulla didn't work.

Pomi in all sorts of trouble against Firenze.

Again, thanks to Rai for showing the least interesting game of the round. :rolleyes:

• Novara :white: And Piacenza was missing Ognjenović and Meijners. Clearly this "shock therapy" of firing Pedulla didn't work.

I was just about to post the same. And I'm actually happy about it. I'm sorry for the players, but I really want them to lose a lot of matches from now on so the management recognises its mistake. But then again they probably will blame it on Signorile :roll:

• Just watched the Yamamay first time this season against Club Italia.
    They had good receiving, especially after the first set. Gözde Yilmaz was decent in receiving and club italia changed their target in serve to the libero & De Gradi after the first set. In fact, Yamamay's libero was the worse receiver in their team today.

Jenna Hagglund''s set quality to zone 2 and front quicks were really good but her set quality was really amateur when she tried to set to zone 4 and slides. Thibaut and Pisani might start complaining about backaches because they had to hit a ball, half a meter behind them when they went for a slide attack. Gözde Yilmaz got really few sets, I think I counted only 5-6 balls in the last 2 sets and 2 of them were fix situations where she got super high sets from the backside of the court. For some reason, Hagglund does not prefer her as an attacking option and in today's game, she hit quite well when she got proper sets.

On the hand, I really liked De Gradi. She is very athletic and reminds me Gözde Kirdar and Fe Garay. She hit very well today but at certain points, sets were really bad that she hit randomly, hard inside the block which she managed to kill though. Hagglund seems to trust her a lot since she used her in pipe attacks very often too. At some point it was meaningless because if you have an attacker like Gözde Yilmaz in the front row, you have to try attacking from her side at least once before you try other options. I know most people won't agree but in my opinion, Hagglund is pulling the team down and Yamamay could do much better with a setter who makes better decisions and has better technique, for instance Lo Bianco. I'm telling this because Gözde Yilmaz is a well established attacker who proved herself in several serious tournaments like Karsta Lowe, while I don't remember many serious accomplishments of Hagglund.

• I was just about to post the same. And I'm actually happy about it. I'm sorry for the players, but I really want them to lose a lot of matches from now on so the management recognises its mistake. But then again they probably will blame it on Signorile :roll:

I don't think that will work, especially now when Signorile is invited to the NT again :lol:

• Pedulla was doing amazing with players that He have. I repeat with this kind of OHs you can't do better.

• Pedulla was doing amazing with players that He have. I repeat with this kind of OHs you can't do better.

I don't get this. Look at Galatasaray this season, with Leys & Guldeniz which are similar OHs to what Novara has, they are doing really good. If you have such OHs, you need to have a good and creative setter and very scorer MBs (I'm assuming that the receiving is good).

• I went to see Pomì tonight against Firenze.. the match wasn't that bad, Firenze didn't have anything to lose so they up a good fight, especially with a good work in block-defense. Turlea attacked 62 times and made 25 (plus two blocks) points, such a pleasure to watch her.. On the other side Picci didn't play full time but was well sub by Bacchi, the rest of the players were kind in shadow: they all had hard times in attack as Firenze managed to stop them. they weren't at their best level, now they have just to win against busto to keep the first place!

• I agree with you. Busto`s setter is very limited, they will need a better setter for next season

Just watched the Yamamay first time this season against Club Italia.
    They had good receiving, especially after the first set. Gözde Yilmaz was decent in receiving and club italia changed their target in serve to the libero & De Gradi after the first set. In fact, Yamamay's libero was the worse receiver in their team today.

Jenna Hagglund''s set quality to zone 2 and front quicks were really good but her set quality was really amateur when she tried to set to zone 4 and slides. Thibaut and Pisani might start complaining about backaches because they had to hit a ball, half a meter behind them when they went for a slide attack. Gözde Yilmaz got really few sets, I think I counted only 5-6 balls in the last 2 sets and 2 of them were fix situations where she got super high sets from the backside of the court. For some reason, Hagglund does not prefer her as an attacking option and in today's game, she hit quite well when she got proper sets.

On the hand, I really liked De Gradi. She is very athletic and reminds me Gözde Kirdar and Fe Garay. She hit very well today but at certain points, sets were really bad that she hit randomly, hard inside the block which she managed to kill though. Hagglund seems to trust her a lot since she used her in pipe attacks very often too. At some point it was meaningless because if you have an attacker like Gözde Yilmaz in the front row, you have to try attacking from her side at least once before you try other options. I know most people won't agree but in my opinion, Hagglund is pulling the team down and Yamamay could do much better with a setter who makes better decisions and has better technique, for instance Lo Bianco. I'm telling this because Gözde Yilmaz is a well established attacker who proved herself in several serious tournaments like Karsta Lowe, while I don't remember many serious accomplishments of Hagglund.

• I don't get this. Look at Galatasaray this season, with Leys & Guldeniz which are similar OHs to what Novara has, they are doing really good. If you have such OHs, you need to have a good and creative setter and very scorer MBs (I'm assuming that the receiving is good).

Leys is far better reciver than any of OHs from Novara. And if you watched any Nkvara matche than you can see how "good" there reception is.

And I forgor...Plak had 65% in attack against Modeba :super:

But look at Malesević. She was doing good job in NT. She's not offensive OH but she can use the opponents block.
    Aurera Cruz. She didn't play good in Rabita but she isn't bad OH. She is experienced player who can score points.

I'd say Malesević is almost on the same level as Leys. Of course Leys is more experienced player.

• Leys is far better reciver than any of OHs from Novara. And if you watched any Nkvara matche than you can see how "good" there reception is.

Now everything is clear: you're looking for someone to blame because you know this way your beloved Fabris won't take home the "scudetto". Leys better receiver than Cruz... :rolll:

• Now everything is clear: you're looking for someone to blame because you know this way your beloved Fabris won't take home the "scudetto". Leys better receiver than Cruz... :rolll:

I think Leys improved her skills in recent years but she has many ups and downs.Sometimes in polish league she has 5% in spike... I know a lot of people here don't like Maret Grotheus but she plays better than Leys (especially in terms of spike) and IMHO Malesević is more promising player than Leys (She proved it this year in Serbian NT when she had to play together with Nikolic or Mihajlovic).

I think Aurera made a mistake going to Rabita Baku but it doesn't change the fact she's better spiker than Leys.

• Now everything is clear: you're looking for someone to blame because you know this way your beloved Fabris won't take home the "scudetto". Leys better receiver than Cruz... :rolll:

Leys is far far better reciver than Cruz...Did you watch any matche of Cruz this season ? Do you know what are you talking about ? I think that you don't have, like many time . :D