Turkish League 2016/2017

• Hey Folks, I haven't followed Turkish league and now I just got informed that Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are the ones fighting for the trophy 8| How did this happen, okay more clearly how bad did both ECZ and Vakif play in the semifinals? Especially Galatasaray playing the finals to me is a huge surprise.

ECZ's transfer policy seemingly has failed once again, they have invested a crazy amount of money and they basically won nothing and they have big possibilities of being out of CL next season. I feel sorry for their foreign players :thumbdown:

• Hey Folks, I haven't followed Turkish league and now I just got informed that Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are the ones fighting for the trophy 8| How did this happen, okay more clearly how bad did both ECZ and Vakif play in the semifinals? Especially Galatasaray playing the finals to me is a huge surprise.

ECZ's transfer policy seemingly has failed once again, they have invested a crazy amount of money and they basically won nothing and they have big possibilities of being out of CL next season. I feel sorry for their foreign players :thumbdown:

Well Gala generally served very well at Vakif so they had to rely on Zhu killing many high balls against a double block as that was the only way they could score. Also Rasic was injured for those games and the Vakif blockers couldn't stop the fast plays that Gala were using very well.

No real surprise about ECZ though as they have struggled all season long and lost a few matches to the weaker teams in TL. Still, they actually were playing well VS Fener as they won the 1st leg 3-0 and won the 1st set of the 2nd leg as well. Sadly from there they started making more and more stupid mistakes and blew a 14-10 lead in the golden set because of Eda's inspired blocking.

Yes, ECZ's transfer policy is a disaster. Their reception is terrible and when they play with the 2 local blockers it is like not having any MBs at all

• im in some area that internet connection is pretty shaky .im having problems in connecting to the server
    On Fenerbahçe - Galatasaray:
    Gala started well but failed in winning the first set despite of a good point margin
    Atamans double subt.cost them the first set then Fener played better in the rest of the match
    Gala should serve and receive well to beat Fener for the rest of the matches

Vakıfbank-Eczacıbaşı Vitra :
    i cant like setter Maja's game.Her sets are weird sometimes
    Tomkom of Fener can make Dicle attack but Maja cant run even Adams regularly
    Too bad that second setter is Nilay ☹️

• GS is not transferring that MB. Both Ali Yuce (team manager) and Ataman Guneyligil denied the transfer. Why would they transfer her anyway? Jack did a good job this season and they will need a solid, experienced blocker as MB. That's why I don't think Robin will be in GS either because she is a slider likeJack and can't block. Remember also that Ozgenur is GS's player too and she is a slider as well. What GS needs is a stronger opposite and OHs, like Robinson, Hill etc. Rahimova won't happen either, not because she is a bad player but because of her personality. She will kill all the team chemistry GS has. I hope they will transfer a young opposite and experienced international OH.

• GS is not transferring that MB. Both Ali Yuce (team manager) and Ataman Guneyligil denied the transfer. Why would they transfer her anyway? Jack did a good job this season and they will need a solid, experienced blocker as MB. That's why I don't think Robin will be in GS either because she is a slider likeJack and can't block. Remember also that Ozgenur is GS's player too and she is a slider as well. What GS needs is a stronger opposite and OHs, like Robinson, Hill etc. Rahimova won't happen either, not because she is a bad player but because of her personality. She will kill all the team chemistry GS has. I hope they will transfer a young opposite and experienced international OH.

I agree with you about blocker MB. However, dominant blocker MBs like Fürst or Poljak are really hard to find nowadays, most MBs tend to be attacking oriented (Sinead, De Kruijf). Adenizia could be a good match for GS but there are rumours about her going back to Brasil. Aelbrect is also a good blocker, especially with her fighting spirit, she could fit to GS. Also Kakolewska had a great season in Poland. Likewise Veljkoviç who also played in GS before. I am quite disappointed with Ruseva she was really good blocker for last 2 season but then she couldn't reach her top shape after the injury last year :S Maybe Tow-Arnett could be used as 4th foreigner for CL matches, she is bad at attack but has very good block anticipation.

As for Opp, I could only think of Fabris and Malagurski :whistle:

• Could Mina Popovic or Orlova be a good choice for a foreign MB for Gala?

I agree with you on the Fenerbahce v Galatasaray game but honestly no setter in the world could help ECZ IMO. It's hard to use your MBs when you have to sprint for almost every ball

Pardon my ignorance, but what did she do before? 8| 8|
    At least watching her playing (and attitude) in Japanese league, she's a very kind and always cheer her teammates although she has to hit tons of spikes.

Rahimova's problem is very weak defence like Valentina Diouf.
    She was the biggest weapon for Toyota of course, but at the same time, every opponents tried to spike against her because she was the hole on defence.
    She doesn't fit Galatasaray's solid volleyball IMO.

If Centoni leaves the team after this season, how about Emiliya Nikolova as a new opposite ? She is balanced opposite and fits Galatasaray's style :)

• I would be happy if Samanta Fabris would try with Galasaray next season.

• Fabris would be great for GS. They have some great defence and serving with a really good setter. What they need most is someone who can reliably kill balls and Fabris has shown that that can be her

• Fabris would be great for GS. They have some great defence and serving with a really good setter. What they need most is someone who can reliably kill balls and Fabris has shown that that can be her

Yeah She would be perfect for them. She is very good blocker, very good jump server, great spiker and even her defence this season was very good and last season that was her worst part of her game.

• What happend now ? Why is match over ?