CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• glad to see Naz' s return. Just don't know whether she is ready or not.

• #throwback

Greece and Turkey had played again in the qualification of european championship 2009.

Greece won the first game and Turkey the second.

Greece – Turkey 3-1 (in Israel)

25-23, 15-25, 25-17, 25-21

Greece: Dumitresku 20 (14/32, 5 blocks), Fragkiadaki 13 (8/21), Chatzinikolaou 11 (7/9, 4 blocks), Tsima 10 (8/17), Tzanakaki 5 (4/4), Koutouxidou, Vlachou l-75% rec., Dirva 7 (4/8), Kiosi 1, Drougka

Turkey: Gumus 19, Kirdar 10, Totaktlioglu 10, Toksoy 4, Bal 4, Aydemir, Kayalar l-90% rec., Hakyemez 10, Avci 4, Celik 2, Ozsoy

Greece - Turkey 1-3 (25-22, 18-25, 20-25, 21-25) (in Greece)

Greece: Chatzinikolaou 15 (7 blocks), Dumitresku 13, Tsima 10, Fragkiadaki 7, Dirva 6, Koutouxidou 1, Vlachou l-92%, Kiosi 12, Tzanakaki 2 , Milona, Drougka

Turkey: Gumus 22, Tokatlioglu 18, Avci 9, Toksoy 8, Celik 3, Kirdar 2, Kayalar l-84%, Ozsoy 16, Bal , Hakyemez2, Aydemir

• Sport Klub will not be showing the ECh. :wall: The cable broadcaster for Serbia will be Arena Sport, which I don't have.

So now I'll only be able to watch Serbia's matches on national TV. :cursing:

And how many matches will be shown on National TV?

Well, the EuroVoleyTv is only $5 and you can watch everything. Polsat will stream everything, so it won't be hard to find illegal streams.

• They'll only show Serbia's matches + SFs and medal matches, I guess. Damn it, all that volleyball on Sport Klub really spoiled me and I was starting to take it for granted, I've very rarely had to hunt for streams lately. :rolll:

And I know it sounds silly, but Sport Klub vs Arena Sport is a part of a very delicate political issue in Serbia :rolll:

• So what is the general consensus for this year's ECH? Italy and Serbia are definitely on a different level compared to the rest, Turkey, Netherlands, and Russia are in the middle of the pack and maybe we can include Poland as well. I think the real battle will be within the middle teams I hope we can get a surprise from within those teams to challenge Italy/Serbia..

• Final Serbia vs Italy :box:......that`s what I want.

If they both win their groups then this can’t happen as they would be in the same half of the draw.

• That sucks. I will hope one of them lose at least 1 game.

Thats why I don't expect turkey would try to win over Serbia during group matches (not that they can win anyway)

I guess they would rather have Poland instead of Italy for semis (if they can beat Ned in quarter finals)

• Thats why I don't expect turkey would try to win over Serbia during group matches (not that they can win anyway)

I guess they would rather have Poland instead of Italy for semis (if they can beat Ned in quarter finals)

I hope the players or the staff dont make such plans the same way you do:whistle:. Turkey isnt Serbia or Italy that can sacrifice a match to make its way to final easier. Netherlands is a great team and the last time Turkey won against their A team is in 2014 world championship. Trying to beat Serbia(which is very hard) should be the first aim so that we can skip Netherlands in quarterfinal.

• Thats why I don't expect turkey would try to win over Serbia during group matches (not that they can win anyway)

I think Pol Vs Ita will be played after Ser vs Tur. In this case if Italy wants to avoid Serbia in the semis they also could let Poland win.

• I think Pol Vs Ita will be played after Ser vs Tur. In this case if Italy wants to avoid Serbia in the semis they also could let Poland win.

Where is NED and RUS in this equation? I don't think Turkey is necessarily the third best team after Italy/Serbia..

• Odds for the winner according to stoiximan.gr

Serbia 2.80

Italy 3.00

Turkey 8.00

Netherlands 10.00

Russia 10.00

Poland 12.00

Germany 40.00

Belgium 65.00

Bulgaria 75.00

Azerbaijan 100.00

Croatia 125.00

Belarus 250.00

Ukraine 300.00

Hungary 500.00

Slovenia 500.00

Slovakia 750.00

Romania 750.00

France 750.00

Greece 1000.00

Spain 1000.00

Finland 2000.00

Portugal 3000.00

Switzerland 5000.00

Estonia 5000.00

• Btw Yolo, no one asked for this but. Just saying:

I played that volleyball mobile game with Turkey and lost semi-finals to Estonia.

#dontunderistemateEstonia

• I hope the players or the staff dont make such plans the same way you do:whistle:. Turkey isnt Serbia or Italy that can sacrifice a match to make its way to final easier. Netherlands is a great team and the last time Turkey won against their A team is in 2014 world championship. Trying to beat Serbia(which is very hard) should be the first aim so that we can skip Netherlands in quarterfinal.

Turkey isn't Serbia or Italy and that's exactly why they should be smart about team matchups. Otherwise there's no way turkey can reach finals and it will be another bronze medal again:whistle:

I think it would be good to play against Netherlands before Olympic qualification so that we can see our level against them