CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• I wonder what they commented about Fabian's setting over the net:gone:

If they weren't complaining about Vincecic, they were targetting Drzyzga :lol: at least it wasn't Lucchetta-Colantoni duo, they were calm and said interesting things... at times :gone:

• Trust me, the italian commentators are the worst out there. Sky used to provide an amazing service when they had the rights of the italian league (about 10 years ago), but since Rai had them back... :gone:

At least I had a chance to hear my Queen during the women's ECH.

I never agreed with you more :lol:

When it comes to Colantoni and Lucchetta commenting I take the volume off: Colantoni doesn't even know what he is saying, he doesn't know the names of the players or he messes up and he is not prepared technically. Lucchetta should provide technical comments but he's hopeless and ridicolous.

• I never agreed with you more :lol:

When it comes to Colantoni and Lucchetta commenting I take the volume off: Colantoni doesn't even know what he is saying, he doesn't know the names of the players or he messes up and he is not prepared technically. Lucchetta should provide technical comments but he's hopeless and ridicolous.

Lucchetta is like those actors in Italian comedies in the 80s who managed to remain relevant by being parodies of themselves and repeating a catchphrase forever. Think Massimo Boldi. They simply don't know when to shut up and go away.

• Trust me, the italian commentators are the worst out there. Sky used to provide an amazing service when they had the rights of the italian league (about 10 years ago), but since Rai had them back... :gone:

At least I had a chance to hear my Queen during the women's ECH.

I do agree about Colantoni and Lucchetta, I have to take the volume off too :lol: But Fantasia and Galli are good and prepared and funny in my opinion

• Why is it so difficult to admit their opponent was just better? This is the reason Poland is becoming more and more disliked, they always have this idea that they're going to win everything just by showing up. Heynen's ego is not doing anything good to this team either. If they don't take a humility pill soon, they will be taught another harsh lesson at the Olympic games, where I have no doubt they will be crowned champions months before the actual tournament starts.

We've seen it happen, an easy 0:3 in the QF and 4 years of "nooo, we learned from that defeat, we're going to win gold next time for sure."

Sorry, I dislike your comments at all !!!

I sent congrats Slovenia and I expressed what I observed.

Each set was so close and Slovenia won that all. Have they played on similar level except ECH ?

PS - I do not like behaviour of one European federation (who always added strange rules on WCH) and expecially one of their player but … it's my personal feeling not published on forum.

• Sorry, I dislike your comments at all !!!

I sent congrats Slovenia and I expressed what I observed.

Each set was so close and Slovenia won that all. Have they played on similar level except ECH ?

PS - I do not like behaviour of one European federation (who always added strange rules on WCH) and expecially one of their player but … it's my personal feeling not published on forum.

Slovenia did play very well in 1/4 and 1/2 ECH. It does not mean they are a strong team, otherwise their world ranking won't be just 17.

Today, both Urnaut and Cebulj played beyond their normal level. Urnaut even made two back row spikes at pos 5, which seldom happened when he played for Modena. Cebulj's reception was amazing with 50+%. But he chocked a few times in reception line even in Chinese league.

Check out the game Slovenia vs Bielarus last month. They fight for the last ticket for VNL 2020. Slovenia almost lost to Bielarus in that game. It's all about timing. When the team are in a good condition while playing an important game, you're lucky.

• Slovenia did play very well in 1/4 and 1/2 ECH. It does not mean they are a strong team, otherwise their world ranking won't be just 17.

Today, both Urnaut and Cebulj played beyond their normal level. Urnaut even made two back row spikes at pos 5, which seldom happened when he played for Modena. Cebulj's reception was amazing with 50+%. But he chocked a few times in reception line even in Chinese league.

Check out the game Slovenia vs Bielarus last month. They fight for the last ticket for VNL 2020. Slovenia almost lost to Bielarus in that game. It's all about timing. When the team are in a good condition while playing an important game, you're lucky.

Don't be such a sore loser dude! There is no luck in sports, it is just an excuse for the loser team. Slovenia played epic and shut the mouth of people like you who discredited them:roll:

• Don't be such a sore loser dude! There is no luck in sports, it is just an excuse for the loser team. Slovenia played epic and shut the mouth of people like you who discredited them:roll:

Everyone could have a good day or bad day. That they played great in last two great games did not mean they are a strong team. Why is that difficult to understand? Check their records in Olympics, WCH and WC, show me some evidence how good they are before you boldly call someone a sore loser.

• Everyone could have a good day or bad day. That they played great in last two great games did not mean they are a strong team. Why is that difficult to understand? Check their records in Olympics, WCH and WC, show me some evidence how good they are before you boldly call someone a sore loser.

What matters is their most recent performance. They didn't win only against one favourite, they did it TWICE! It wasn't like a lucky draw that could allow them skip strongest team. They have beaten two so-called strongest teams in this tournament with a convincing performance (not even playing a tie-break). It is very unfair to call their success as luck.

• What matters is their most recent performance. They didn't win only against one favourite, they did it TWICE! It wasn't like a lucky draw that could allow them skip strongest team. They have beaten two so-called strongest teams in this tournament with a convincing performance (not even playing a tie-break). It is very unfair to call their success as luck.

So what? They won two top dogs in home court, which did not give them enough credit for a strong team. Please review the group game. Slovenia lost to North Macedonia at 1:3, then lost to Russia at 0:3. Do you have any idea of what level North Macedonia is on? Where are you at that time?

Like I said, every team have a good day or a bad day. A strong team should be evaluated by overall performances. Show me some evidence how good Slovenia are by their stats in Olympics, WCH and WC - the most important games for NT. If my memory serves well, Slovenia has never entered the final 4 in Olympics, WCH and WC in last 70 years.

• Next thing you know, we're gonna have to read that Poland threw away the game because why care about this match when you're a two-time WCH champion with the OG ahead next year?

• I mean just because you are the super-favorites don't mean you are invincible.

Can't just people enjoy the games anymore and forget their little predictions not becoming 100%? The world doesn't revolve around this forum you know.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• They made a prediction, based on common sense.

No one guarantees it's 100% right. Otherwise, they could buy lottery.

If Poland won today, you probably just shut up. Now they lost, so you jumped out to show off how smart you are. Good move! :drink:

Yes, you got me XD

Tbh, I don't think there are teams in volleyball ready to win each competition.

I don't like they way some people are talking about gold medal in Tokyo. First, let's win the quarterfinals :)

Also I don't know why some people are shocked that Vincić, Urnaut or Cebulj plays on good level.

• Yes, you got me XD

Tbh, I don't think there are teams in volleyball ready to win each competition.

I don't like they way some people are talking about gold medal in Tokyo. First, let's win the quarterfinals :)

Also I don't know why some people are shocked that Vincić, Urnaut or Cebulj plays on good level.

Prediction does not have to take the responsibility. Top dogs are always favorite teams. That's common sense.

When Slovenia lost to North Macedonia at 1:3 in group match, where were you? ;)

• Prediction does not have to take the responsibility. Top dogs are always favorite teams. That's common sense.

When Slovenia lost to North Macedonia at 1:3 in group match, where were you? ;)

Right, but saying that those players are average... When Vincić started playing in polish league many people were saying he's too weak to play there.

Btw, Poland played their worst game against the weakest team in the pool - Estonia ;)

I'm surprised Slovenia managed to be in the big final but anyway saying they are just bunch of random players is not right.

• Right, but saying that those players are average... When Vincić started playing in polish league many people were saying he's too weak to play there.

Btw, Poland played their worst game against the weakest team in the pool - Estonia ;)

I'm surprised Slovenia managed to be in the big final but anyway saying they are just bunch of random players is not right.

Of course, They are not a bunch of Random players in Slovenia's team. I followed Urnaut's most games in Modena. I know his real level. Cebulj played in China league last season. He was benched a few times because of his poor reception in Shanghai team. But today his reception was amazing.

Gasparini played for Korean league. I also watched several of his games. He's already 35 year old. Stern was with Latina last season. Latina ranked in No.11 after regular season in 2018-19. They did not even make into playoff. The OPP of Slovenia is a bit weak, compared with top teams. But Stern played a great game today.

I watched the Challenge Cup (for the last ticket of VNL 2020) last month, including a few matches of Slovenia. They played totally like two different teams in CC and in ECH 1/4 and 1/2. They almost lost to Bielarus. And they lost to North Macedonia in ECH group match. North Macedonia ranks in 131 in FIVB's world ranking in 2018.

Based on Slovenia's history, I won't give them the credit as a strong team, even though they beat two top teams in the home court. If they could make final 4 in Olympics, WCH or WC some day, I will change my opinion.

• Slovenia has never entered the final 4 in Olympics, WCH and WC in last 70 years.

Don't think that possible for a country that's only 28 years old, mate.

Maybe to provide some insight from my point of view.

Slovenia only has a population of ~2M, while Poland and Russia have 38M and 146M, respectively.

No matter how you look at it it's a great feat for Slovenia's NT to achieve such results. No need to downplay their achievement by saying they never achieved any great results in the past. Every team has to start somewhere and while their team has had the same core for several tournaments, this is probably their peak performance, also due to the outstanding support from the stands.

Poland and Russia are World-class teams that are always in running for the top finishes while Slovenia is a good team with a chance to upset at best.

Also, don't forget that Slovenia qualified for VNL (over Germany and Russia, if I remember correctly) but was denied competing due to the change in the competition.

Slovenia also had a positive record against Poland at two previous ECH. While they lost in a tough OQT group the narrative of having a positive record was heavily emphasised in the media and team environment. While you might say that is not important and only the most recent results count, then I would counter that by that logic also Slovenia's only most recent results count but we both know that isn't so.

And to briefly touch on the game against North Macedonia. Maybe you could slightly compare yesterdays game against Russia's QF approach against Slovenia. Both were very confident and were most likely already thinking ahead about their next opponent in the next round. Russia had every right after a clean 3:0 victory in the group and Poland has been quite cocky, at least the media portrayed it so.

Some goes for Slovenia, when they were already out of the group they underestimated North Macedonia and were only thinking about their group match against Russia. As you said yourself, having a bad day and playing one bad game does not make the losing team bad or the winning team good.

As for the upcoming matches. I think if France plays like they did in the QFs they shouldn't have troubles reaching the Finals. Serbia struggled against Ukraine that were also on verge on winning the 2nd set which could change the flow and results of that game.

I also think that Slovenia, while having a quite miraculous run, will have a hard time continuing their form in the Finals with no home support. Also, in the most recent results, France defeated Slovenia 3:0 in OQT, while it was close from what I remember. Nonetheless, we will see what will happen.

For the 3rd place game I think Poland are the clear favourites.

The results are what they are, lets just enjoy the remaining games and hope for quality volleyball matches.

Edit; Grammar