Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• Agreed. in 2017 Brazil won some tournaments with Roberta as starting setter. Having Dani Lins back sorta ruined that chemistry that they were trying to established last year.

Dani Lins was not playing for more than a year when Ze decided to have her back to the NT. It seems, at least for me, way too unfair to relate the lack of chemistry only to her performance, especially because Roberta played the entire VNL and even though Brazil was not playing well. Maybe the difference from last year is that Natalia was absent, and due to that, all the attacking system has depended exclusively to Tandara.

• I want a combo of brazil old and young in court sort of transition as 2020 to 2024 cycle will be crucial to brazil.

Im just having a wishful thinking. The forumers are correct. All teams are competitive but one player doing it for their teams. Sadly for brazil its always a team effort but i still ocmmend their fighting spirit.

I made that out list to let young players play with the old yet stable brazilian nt stars.

Jacque shiela and fabiana’s decision is acceptable. Only garay is still on the run for tokyo along with natalia and tandara. Thaissa still has it before her injury! But i dont know right now. Il check her next season in barueri if she still has it. Adenizia again was benched bg ze though she had excellent blocking and spike percentage.

I like roberta. Dani lins out of rhythm really hurt the team. Rosamaria and drussyla in my opinion should have played all games in vnl.

Insistence on amanda really caught ze’s wch gold n vnl gold. Gabiru is also not a good libro. Suelen had a surgery before in vnl she was defending everything.

• Dani Lins was not playing for more than a year when Ze decided to have her back to the NT. It seems, at least for me, way too unfair to relate the lack of chemistry only to her performance, especially because Roberta played the entire VNL and even though Brazil was not playing well. Maybe the difference from last year is that Natalia was absent, and due to that, all the attacking system has depended exclusively to Tandara.

That’s correct.. right now all ze wants is to have a great season of players in the superleague and get them to play to nt. Not because they were nt last yr they will be nt again.

• well that’s clearing out almost the whole team. I like Carol than Bia and Dani Lin’s can go.I think Roberta did well with the team and throwing Dani Lin’s into made the team bad. Roberta had played with the girls from Rio and look at all the wins as a team. Is Carol com8ng back to Brazil?

She will play in Praia Clube with Fabiana.

• Julia Bergmann will play and study in NCAA's Georgia Tech.

https://volleymob.com/65-brazi…gmann-joins-georgia-tech/

She also had some interesting things to say about Brazilian youth volleyball.

She spoke to Brazilian volleyball blogger Bruno Voloch about the move: “I think it is important to study, to have the experience of playing in another country, and to learn another language. Going to college will not hinder my career. In fact, I think it can even open new doors to me. I hope the recently ended South American Championship was not my last participation with a Brazilian national team. I really want to play for it at the senior level, to compete in an Olympic Games and a World Championship. I think my time will come, and I still have a lot to evolve in my game. I think youth volleyball has not been valued in Brazil as it should have been in the last recent years, specially in a few states where the sport doesn’t get that much visibility. Without someone to encourage the children to practice volleyball, the sport will not go forward.”

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think we're gonna see new faces coming in the next year, since they will have to make two teams for being able to compete in every tournment, but I have to say that I'm really upset in the way Zé is coaching for at least the last 4 years. He doesn't show enough motivation, too conservative in his choices, sometimes I feel he destabilizes so much the team, when it's not the drama, it's the long time to call a time out, Rosamaria for example, should have played at least the beggining of the VNL, but no, he prefers to breakdown Tandara, who was a shadow of herself in WCH, he simple doesn't make a single change, and when it comes, it's already too late.

Brazil will not produce dominant player like Egonu ou Boskovic, it's not our culture, we always relies in how the group can be homogeneous, but this year nothing works, and the physical problems, for me, was the main problem, this team needed more 4 weekes to prepare properly for a competition like WCH.

For the upcoming players, Julia Bergmann it's a great prospect, but she needs to play, and Superliga didn't provide that for her, so she is going to NCAA, once again we failed. Tainara who was the other OH in U20 South American Champioship it's another player to look forward, and it's playing on Zé Roberto's team, so we might see her next year, Edinara is benching on Sesi Bauru, but I root for her, if she get's better on reception, could be a great OH. For the OPP, I see Lorenne reciving a chance too (Hooker should take care in Osasco, Lorenne can put her on bench easily), there are two left handed OPP's that we should pay attention too, Lorrayna and Kisy, both have great hight and power, for the other hand I don't see any libero coming, for middle blockers, I hope Diana Alecrim improves this year on São Caetano, she has everything to be a star in near future, about setters, Lyara should have a chance, unfortunately Naiane and Juma choosed be on bench for Dani Lins and Fabíola.

• ugh Brazil ! tell me why bolsonaro ??:white: :(

I don't know...it's bizarre...we are just devastated...it's just... I don't know...we are scaried for being LGBTQs ||;( pray for us!

• i think struggle and solidarty of any kind are needed at this point rather than pray

Of course. I said pray for those who believe that this might help. Thanks anyway.

• It's a big surprise Brazil women NT did not make final 6 in WCH 2018. They need some fresh faces. Natalia will be 30 next year, FeGaray is 32, and Tandara is 30 now. With the same old roster, they won't stand a chance in WC 2019 or Tokyo 2020.

• ugh Brazil ! tell me why bolsonaro ??:white: :(

bolsonazi... :=(

but then we have the fat, disgusting cretin, the sTrumpet in the white house... so the world is just fucked...

BRA NT really needs to develop some more dominant OH and OPP like they used to have in paula, sheilla, mari... just relying on tandara all the time won't work anymore.

• Any news on club season?

Praia is now training with levantadora carli lloyd and her compatriote nicole fawcett....

The club will be facing turkey’s vakifbank on dec along with minas tenis clube...

• pre season has started.. lorenne is a revelation i hope that she will be a starter even if hooker arrives. Their team is old but walewska and nati martins could be NT!!!

For barueri, maira and amanda is destabilized in the pass.

Sesi voleiball bauru has fabiola. Im sorry but niane is second setter to her. Edinara is not used as opposite. Oh no!

Pinheiros, herrera is good in everything. Kelsey payne is overrated. I prefer lorrayna with her high jump skills..

Sao caetano is improved with diana alecrim in the front row.

• Some news:

Hooker finally arrived (after every single foreigner player including the ones who played in the NT this summer)

Friday we'll have #1 match for the Paulista Championship finals between Osasco and Sesi.

National championship begins in 2 weeks with Praia x Pinheiros.

• I just noticed this is the NT topic, but someone asked for news...