Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• On paper a lot of the Italian Teams look strong...but when u watch them playing.... well Novara/Conegliano/Scandicci are a lock for the semis, Busto should be there as well but considering how young they are there`s a chance they could fall in the quaterfinals. So I guess at the end of the day this is no different than Turkish League with Vakfi/Vitra/Fener......this makes me feel better.

• the Pomi setters are not bad, they are beyond terrible

I don't know what happened to Radenkovic. Like 3-4 years ago she played better. A lot of people would say she was in weaker league. True but her team (Atom) was able to easily beat Novara for example

• 9th Round

SCANDICCI - CONEGLIANO 3-1

Haak 29, Vasileva 11, Adenizia 11 / Fabris 17, Hill 14, Sylla 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720864

MONZA - CASALMAGGIORE 3-0

Begic 12, Orthmann 11, Bianchini 9 / Carcaces 10, Rahimova 8, Kakolewska 6

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720865

BRESCIA - BUSTO ARSIZIO 1-3

Nicoletti 26, Villani 22, Rivero 13 / Gennari 19, Piani 14, Bonifacio 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720866

CHIERI - BERGAMO 2-3

Gyselle 20, Aliyeva 11, Barysevich 11 / Olivotto 18, Acosta 14, Smarzek 13

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720867

FILOTTRANO - CUNEO 3-1

Vasilantonaki 16, Pisani 13, Di Iulio 10 / Van Hecke 24, Cruz 12, Salas 11

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720868

CLUB ITALIA - FIRENZE 0-3

Nwakalor 11, Omoruyi 9, Populini 9 / Lippmann 14, Santana 9, Candi 6

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720869

Rest: NOVARA

Standing

1. NOVARA 23

2. SCANDICCI 20

3. BUSTO ARSIZIO 20

4. CONEGLIANO 18

5. CASALMAGGIORE 17

6. MONZA 14

7. FIRENZE 12

8. BERGAMO 11

9. BRESCIA 11

10. CUNEO 8

11. FILOTTRANO 6

12. CLUB ITALIA 1

13. CHIERI 1

• On paper a lot of the Italian Teams look strong...but when u watch them playing.... well Novara/Conegliano/Scandicci are a lock for the semis, Busto should be there as well but considering how young they are there`s a chance they could fall in the quaterfinals. So I guess at the end of the day this is no different than Turkish League with Vakfi/Vitra/Fener......this makes me feel better.

Don't put Fener on the same level with Vakif and Vitra. Level of Turkish league dropped so hard, Fener is not on their level and We don't even need to talk about other teams (Gala, Besi etc.) Sorry but you can't compare this two leagues. Be real look how strong Turkish league was last year and before and how they look now.

• I really like Rahimova as a player, there's no doubt that she's a phenomenal but she's just not a team player. And her main problem is that she gets overwhelmed very easily, in particular when her balls get dug.

• Don't put Fener on the same level with Vakif and Vitra. Level of Turkish league dropped so hard, Fener is not on their level and We don't even need to talk about other teams (Gala, Besi etc.) Sorry but you can't compare this two leagues. Be real look how strong Turkish league was last year and before and how they look now.

Calm down Crovolley, Fener didn't perform any worse then the other teams yet, they only lost to VB 16-14 in a tiebreak and VB are the world champs. The whole point of Pope was not that Fener is as strong as the other teams anyway, it was that usually both these 3 (6) teams seem to dominate both leagues and it has not changed yet for this year either.

I agree btw that Turkish league seems weaker then last year on paper! But on paper can be different in practice, we will see as the year goes on, I would also agree that Italian league is stronger this year then Turkish overall (Turkish currency and economy is problem for Turkey) but for you Italian league and teams are always stronger and I know its hard for you to look at this objectively even if Vakif wins CL 30 times :gone: Conegliano is still better lmao

Btw Molten ball looks better for women's volleyball maybe. I'm not sure why FIVB and CEV hate it.

• And we had Filottrano vs Cuneo last week :roll:

They do this every year. After showing (potentially) exciting matches in the beginning, they gradually switch to middle and lower ranked teams almost exclusively. It's OK to show those too once in a while (unlike what Turkish TV is doing), but it sucks when such matches are all you get. I don't know if it's done on purpose to make people pay for the online streaming service, but I can't imagine that RAI (and other TV channels taking over from them, like Sport Klub) is too happy with such a deal.

• And we had Filottrano vs Cuneo last week :roll:

They do this every year. After showing (potentially) exciting matches in the beginning, they gradually switch to middle and lower ranked teams almost exclusively. It's OK to show those too once in a while (unlike what Turkish TV is doing), but it sucks when such matches are all you get. I don't know if it's done on purpose to make people pay for the online streaming service, but I can't imagine that RAI (and other TV channels taking over from them, like Sport Klub) is too happy with such a deal.

The answer is quite simple: there's a deal between the A1 League (Legavolley) and RAI in order to treat all teams (and their sponsors) equally.

If RAI broadcasted only big matches between big teams, then the sponsors of the other teams wouldn't find it attractive anymore to invest money in volleyball, and the A1 League wouldn't exist anymore.

• I thought that there is such a deal, and it surely makes sense for the teams to have some airplay guaranteed, but still as a fan it's a bit frustrating sometimes ;) But then, also matches among "weak" A1 teams are still worth watching :drink:

• You could use mathematical criteria for calculating, which matches to air: for example the sum of the absolute of the difference of the table positions and the mean of the table positions could be used for it, the smallest number of all matches of a day wins; at the begin of the season you could use last seasons ranking instead. But this would of course exclude factors like sponsor interest or spectators interest...

• Yeah Firenza is with full roster and they look really good with Lipmann and Santana attacking duo, but I still believe Conegliano will take it with very interesting volleyball :)

• Sylla change her serve, now She is doing jump-serve and Tirozzi is starter over Hill.