CEV Champions League 2019

• You can forget it. Maja has already said she will play in Tokyo, so we can be reasonably certain that Ana will be "injured" that summer (just as we can be reasonably certain that she WON'T be injured in 2019, for European Championship, when Maja almost certainly won't play:whistle:).:gone:

Well, it's the Olympics, so she might suck it up like Brakočević did, especially since it would be her first (and very likely the last) participation.

Dinamo vs Fenerbahce was one of the ugliest matches I have EVER watched. Seriously, I can't understand how a professional team, let alone the one that features so many experienced top level players, can struggle with reception that much. And when you add that Goncharova is far from her best and that everyone checked out mentally shortly into the 4th set...

• Well, it's the Olympics, so she might suck it up like Brakočević did, especially since it would be her first (and very likely the last) participation.

I certainly hope you are right, but unfortunately I have a feeling that Ana's resentment is much stronger (and certainly much longer-standing) than Jovana's.

Anyway, day later, and there is still no full match video on YT (that I can find). This means that if anyone wants to watch some match of this year's CL, we will have to do it live. I'm not used to watching live matches, at least of teams I support, so it's a big inconvenience for me that I'll have to overcome.

• I agree with Joana, Maja should not take her Olympics spot for granted just because of her name. And definitely not with the current carreer choices of hers... :whistle: who knows what'll happen till 2020.

• Vakifbank vs Stuttgart will be streamed here (possibly with German IP only) for free.

I have to confess, I'm a little shivering as faithful fan of Stuttgart - playing an Italian team or Moscow for example is one thing, playing against VakifBank in Istanbul is really the most difficult thing a VBL team can face at all. Can get very bad for Allianz MTV Stuttgart...

• I agree with Joana, Maja should not take her Olympics spot for granted just because of her name. And definitely not with the current carreer choices of hers... :whistle: who knows what'll happen till 2020.

I really don’t see Terzic leaving Maja out if she’s available. He has shown incredible loyalty to some of his favourites over the years (Nikolic, Molnar) and Ognjenovic showed at the WCH that she’s as good as ever, certainly much better than current Antonijevic or Zivkovic.

• Of course Maja will be starting for Serbia in Tokyo... Remember we are only 18 months away...Maja is old but 18 months won't make her level drop.... Cutting the best setter in the world would be 😂😂.

Backup setter should be Mirkovic as she would be taking over after that. Makes no sense to take Zivkovic.. But I already know that is what he will do.

• Vakifbank 1x1 Stuttgart. Stuttgart won the 2nd set after an embarassing first one. Lets go Stuttgart! :D

• Allianz MTV STUTTGART performing above my expectations in second set: after being crushed in first set, they win second set 20:25 (!). I really didn't expect this.

• By the way, our head coach Giannis is now revealing his Stuttgart dream team: all 5 US players and OH Jana-Franziska Poll as second OH alongside with Sarah Wilhyte - this setup worked very well in second set.

• Bucuresti game is very nice to watch! With the Japanese setter they can play a very fast game. They put a lot of severe pressure on Chemik, a deserved win in the first set!

• CSM is indeed an interesting team to watch, with an exotic composition: a Romanian team with a Turkish coach as well as assistant consisting of a multi-cultural mix of players; Asian (Japanese), Western European (Dutch) and Eastern European (Ukrainian/Belarussian) in their line-up.

• Stuttgart indeed looks way better then Beziers and Plovdiv from what I saw from that match. 2nd place should be the goal.

Bucuresti is beautiful to watch! Chemik's glory days seem to be over for now...

• Stuttgart indeed looks way better then Beziers and Plovdiv from what I saw from that match. 2nd place should be the goal.

Bucuresti is beautiful to watch! Chemik's glory days seem to be over for now...

The tigresses from Bukarest are a dangerous team, not for the first time, by the way...

• 2-0 Bucuresti:cheesy: Very good defence by them with Inoue and Balkestein-Grothues!:super:But I have to say that Chemik is making way to many errors.