CEV Champions League 2019

• I think Ecz played better than in the last perios. If your three outside hitters are playing like that, hitting every ball, well you don't really need a phenomenal setter. I mean today Ecz' s problems like setting and blocking weren't visible at all, thanks to a great pressure in attack and on serve.

• She's by far the strongest italian MB. Imoco had zero impact over the net.
    I guess Santarelli wanted to win the game giving up on the defensive middle (Danesi) and putting on court the offensive one (Folie).

No Molten, no party for the italian teams.

I agree with the first part but not the second obviously,also Moki struggled with reception and she is the best libero in the world :teach: When you don't train and don't play regularly with the Mikasa, you have a disadvantage :teach:

• I really wish an Euroleague type of format would be made honestly or something innovative. Because in the end most of these matches were really fun to watch for a change and I believe it also adds a lot to the players + volleyball. All teams would also only improve and it will be more balanced.

• fabris ended the match with 8 points or almost 3 points per set and then someone here pushes a narrative that fabris is one of the best opp in the world when facts just dont support such claims

:rolll::rolll:

It was an okay match for her, considering they faced a top team. I didn't expect anything more from Samantha against Eczacibasi, honestly.

On the other hand, Hill was awful: she managed to spike out every single ball out of system; she just killed one, when Gibby chosed not to jump for the block and the defence was surprised (so it was mostly a mistake by Eczacibasi than a point from her).

• So all the wanna be and big dreamer of italian teams who made predictions or comments based on one single bad match the turkish ones played to praise their italian teams are now silent, or I hope so.

Especially the ones who predicted 3:0 or 3:1 wins for the Italians. Thank you so much. I love it how people sometimes make comments based on their heart and not with their brain by giving factual comments.

And at the same time you guys can now start to demolish VakifBank as they lost today. So I guess we will read some posts like „they are not strong, they lost, you can bea them easily, when Novara has a good day they can crush Vakifbank, they are not as strong as they look like“ and so on :rose:

• Turkish teams were favourites and they won. Vakıf will pass to semi at home. Italian teams are ok but mostly overrated.

Scandicci was the favorite actually, while indeed VakifBank and Eczacibasi (slightly) were the favorites, ofc based on the bookmakers.

Scandicci 1.66 vs 2.10 Fenerbahçe

Conegliano 2.37 vs 1.57 Eczacibasi

But yea in the end I agree with you and the rest of your post. I like Italian league but to me its more like Turkish number 4-8/9 is there the nr 1-8/9 + the molten ball which is easier to receive which makes it very competitive.

• Congrats Eczacibasi!

Does somebody have replay ? Maybe in this replay it will be 3:0 for Conegliano, you never know :/

I hope I will watch second match in Turkey :(

• I really wish an Euroleague type of format would be made honestly or something innovative. Because in the end most of these matches were really fun to watch for a change and I believe it also adds a lot to the players + volleyball. All teams would also only improve and it will be more balanced.

Imagine having at least two interesting games every week :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: This way, we sometimes need to wait a whole month for it

• Santarelli made it easy for Vitra by keeping Hill in and taking Sylla out. Sylla was killing a lot of balls while Hill was doing nothing and passing poorly. Sylla and Tirrozi would be stronger since Sylla is the one that can score.

Anyways today was a good warm up game for the Turkish teams to get ready for the Playoffs.

Boskovic amazing as always. Vitra’s middles were invisible but they didn't need them today since Conegliano is not even close to Minas level so that did not hurt them.

• :rolll::rolll:

It was an okay match for her, considering they faced a top team. I didn't expect anything more from Samantha against Eczacibasi, honestly.

On the other hand, Hill was awful: she managed to spike out every single ball out of system; she just killed one, when Gibby chosed not to jump for the block and the defence was surprised (so it was mostly a mistake by Eczacibasi than a point from her).

everytime she faces a team with good blockers and good defence players she gonna suck she can only score if there only a single block or no block at all she even missed when there was no block in first set :cheesy:

• This game explained why Imoco can not wait to buy Egonu for next season.

When facing a real strong team with a go-to player like Boskovic, Imoco's fast system turns out to be useless.