CEV Champions League 2019

• Haak, Fabris, Vargas all 3 floped in their game. Even Sloetjes didn’t show anything special, but still better than first 3.

Haak and Fabris are so out of shape(because they are changing teams, but still stupid reason), and Vargas still needs a lot of work.

You're hyped, I get it, but still... :rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

• Haak, Fabris, Vargas all 3 floped in their game. Even Sloetjes didn’t show anything special, but still better than first 3.

Haak and Fabris are so out of shape(because they are changing teams, but still stupid reason), and Vargas still needs a lot of work.

vargas flopped with 35 points? i guess fabris with 2 points in 4 sets flopped as hard as vargas is that what u are trying to say?

• This thread is full of misconceptions.:down:

Men's volleyball is not as talk about here because Asian and Middle East(Although Turkey is Europe) is still not capable to compete against the very best of the world. The lack of any rivalry will ofcourse contribute to the lack of discussions in this forum if the local fans are not interested in seeing their NT or club getting blown out by the best teams.:lol:

Women's volleyball is not any better than men's volleyball. The preference is there but no one have to gloat about that as it's just cringre at best to even say that.

Honestly, the sexism and homophobic stereotypes against men's volleyball is already nagl and some of y'all adding fuel to the fire.

As volleyball fans, anyone should know better to admire the differences of the sport.

People saying stuff like women's volleyball is more finesse than men is totally ignorant. The finesse you call is an illusion created because of the crazy rate in errors they make. It's not an insult to the women of the sport. It's just an inconvenient truth that everyone is okay with.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It's all personal preference really. Watch them both, keep watching if you enjoy it or stop watching if you don't enjoy it. Neither is "better" than the other.

• Women's volley and Men's volley are different sports. Actually Women's volley learned a lot techniques from Men's volleyball, such as back row attack. It's an illusion that women's volley looks more technically than mens'. Women's volley has a lot of tactical balls at pos 2 and pos 3 while men's volley does not have, because Men's MBs move much faster than women's MBs, which make those pos 2 tactical play useless.

We have seen a lot of Men's volley coaches can also coach women's volley. But you barely can see a women's coach can coach men's team. Go figure.

• Women's volley and Men's volley are different sports. Actually Women's volley learned a lot techniques from Men's volleyball, such as back row attack. It's an illusion that women's volley looks more technically than mens'. Women's volley has a lot of tactical balls at pos 2 and pos 3 while men's volley does not have, because Men's MBs move much faster than women's MBs, which make those pos 2 tactical play useless.

We have seen a lot of Men's volley coaches can also coach women's volley. But you barely can see a women's coach can coach men's team. Go figure.

Good point. The only exception I can think of is Bernardinho, he coached Brazil's women's team first, and then men's team. Opposite of Zé Roberto.

• With this current generation of volleyball players I wonder who in the future will become coaches and lead their respective countries or maybe another. Being a player and coach are both different and not everyone can transition from one toward the other.

• With this current generation of volleyball players I wonder who in the future will become coaches and lead their respective countries or maybe another. Being a player and coach are both different and not everyone can transition from one toward the other.

I remember Kim mentioned in some interview that she would love to try coaching for Korea women's NT. Hopefully we will see that transition of her.

• Good point. The only exception I can think of is Bernardinho, he coached Brazil's women's team first, and then men's team. Opposite of Zé Roberto.

Rezende is a former player, and also a male coach who coached women's volley. So he's not an exception.

I seldom find a female coach/player who can also coach men's team. The exception I can only think of is on some college level.

• I don't know about other countries, but in Turkey I have seen the switch very often, in 1st Male/Womens divisions. Many coaches said it was the same thing for them but working with women was actually harder because they are more emotional and tend to ignore their coach more often, most found it a challenge and not something everyone can do as good. Which is probably also why some coaches want to coach men only.

• Just an opinion, but I think they would make amazing coaches/assistants with more experience.

Serbia: Ognjenovic, Rasic, Boskovic

Brazil: Fe Garay, Fabi, Sheilla

USA: Larson, Akinradewo

China: Zhu Ting, Yan Ni, Hui Rouqi

Turkey: Eda, Naz, Gozde

Italy: De Gennaro, Egonu

Thailand: Nootsara

Btw, I'm not familiar with the older generations and certain teams, so there's probably some or a lot that I missed out.

• Being a Coach is a quite demanding job, so probably many of these big names won't be doing it.

• Being a Coach is a quite demanding job, so probably many of these big names won't be doing it.

Just some wishful thinking. If not NT, maybe club or even working with youth. If I'm not mistaken, Akinradewo has plans of becoming a doctor. Her whole family works in some type of medical field.

• If Moscow manages to make the impossible tomorrow and beat Vakif in their home turf (even a 3-2 score) I would say it would make the SFs more interesting don't you all guys agree?

Don't we all love an underdog, come on guys let's show Moscow some love :lol:

• If Moscow manages to make the impossible tomorrow and beat Vakif in their home turf (even a 3-2 score) I would say it would make the SFs more interesting don't you all guys agree?

Don't we all love an underdog, come on guys let's show Moscow some love :lol:

Supporting Goncharova? Never. Sorry, I can't stand her -> :|

I can't help it.:read:

• I remember before this

Huiruoqi cant be a coach .she now is married and work in entertainment industry 。Yan Ni cant be a coach because she is a so low-keyed person. and maybe a stable work after she leave the volleyball is better for her. Zhu said in many interviews she wont be another Jenny Langping now.but she is not sure if she will be a coach in the future. because in China, as a Women volleyball coach ,it is very hard ,family,kids,fans,and many other things.

anyway, zhu has her habit about volleyball .she loves to rewatch and do some jobs about some matches. her younger sister is trying to pla volleball now.maybe after zhu end her career as a player, we can see another Zhu growing up.the older generation of China has one coach,Yang Hao. She coashes in universities and china young players. also Wu Yongmei and Cui yongmei coached BA YI team. but its too hard for them to coaches Nationl team.Zhu will be the best Choice.but It depends on time