CEV Champions League 2019

• they won against vakifbank quite a few times so no zhu ting didnt win anything on her own she had rasic sloetjes and kelsey/hill to help her out

only player that helped boskovic out was larson rest of the players in ecz are just utter trash this season

KYK isn't the player she used to be but she's still helping more than Larson. Even in the last match where KYK was bad, her reception and attacking stats are both better than Larson's.

• KYK isn't the player she used to be but she's still helping more than Larson. Even in the last match where KYK was bad, her reception and attacking stats are both better than Larson's.

dont know what matches u were watching but kim is utter crap this season 1-2 games that she played good dont make her better then larson u can just check her attacks % and points in cev cl and come to that conclusion and her recieving is just slighly better then larson if i m not mistaken

• KYK isn't the player she used to be but she's still helping more than Larson. Even in the last match where KYK was bad, her reception and attacking stats are both better than Larson's.

but if kyk can kill some balls in firsr two sets, they maybe have entered he semi.kyk ca kill balls because boskovic entered the court. when in last sets,larson is tired ,she is older than kyk

• dont know what matches u were watching but kim is utter crap this season 1-2 games that she played good dont make her better then larson u can just check her attacks % and points in cev cl and come to that conclusion and her recieving is just slighly better then larson if i m not mistaken

In the pool phase Kim attacked at over 50%, while Larson was at 38.5% and in both matches against Conegliano Kim attacked better than Larson as well.

• but if kyk can kill some balls in firsr two sets, they maybe have entered he semi.kyk ca kill balls because boskovic entered the court. when in last sets,larson is tired ,she is older than kyk

That's true, her attacking in the first 2 sets was really horrible but if Larson isn't fit enough to play 5 sets at a decent level then maybe Meliha should have come on for her.

• To be honest I don't think Kim and Larson are the problem. Yeah they were crap in the last game but they aren't supposed to be the main scorers for the team, they both do a good job of being secondary scoring players which is fine when Boskovic is on court. Their problem is they have hopeless MBs and underperforming setters. But if Boskovic had been healthy then we wouldn't be talking about their problems we would be talking about how they easily beat Conegliano and how they could win the CL.

• I agree just put Naz and Eda (local examples) in that team and they could have won yesterday.

Krsmanovic got not many chances but her blocking seems not that good (at the moment) either and they needed a great blocking MB. Beyza would have been already better tbh.

• Just realised this is the same link :aww:. Just go to player stats and then find them in the player selection box.

I agree just put Naz and Eda (local examples) in that team and they could have won yesterday.

Krsmanovic got not many chances but her blocking seems not that good (at the moment) either and they needed a great blocking MB. Beyza would have been already better tbh.

True but I don't know what they can expect of Natasa when she has only played in Serbia all year and just come to a new team who she doesn't even play for in the league. She still would have done better than Busra yesterday.

• how disappointing Gibbemeyer is btw this season... It's sad because I can truly see the passion in her eyes and I do believe she tries but it just never seems to work for her. I can't remember 1 great match of hers, skip great decent even. She has just been so useless, Beyza+Büşra would probably have been a better duo still. And that says something.

• True but I don't know what they can expect of Natasa when she has only played in Serbia all year and just come to a new team who she doesn't even play for in the league. She still would have done better than Busra yesterday.

Very true, just another flop transfer of Eczacibasi really. Nothing surprising here. And with all respect to Natasa of course, I liked her a lot as a player throughout the years but last couple seasons even in Seramiksan her blocking was off. And they needed a blocking MB specifically, so they take a good offensive MB thats way past her prime and plays in a more relaxed league.

I mean just lmao

Best thing yesterday was seeing Nalan Ural's confused/frustrated expressions every now and then while Eczaci was losing:lol:

• btw lets not forget Motta still being so hesitant to use Krsmanovic while he knows his team is desperate in middle position. Still though, Natasa was better than both Büsra and Gibby to me even with the short amount of court time she got, she was useful at least.

• how disappointing Gibbemeyer is btw this season... It's sad because I can truly see the passion in her eyes and I do believe she tries but it just never seems to work for her. I can't remember 1 great match of hers, skip great decent even. She has just been so useless, Beyza+Büşra would probably have been a better duo still. And that says something.

I do not mean to start fight with someone, but last year when Gibby had some poor matches people started to blame Skorupa for it. As we can see it's not about setters, she's simply not in the best shape, at least not as good as in Casalmaggiore.

• Weird, on CEV's site: https://www.cev.eu/Competition…ionStandings.aspx?ID=1119

It says both Vitra and Imoco are eliminated.:/

I think it's just a mistake, though I would've love to see Imocos reaction if they saw that. :lol: Imagine winning only to find out you were eliminated.

• And mostly important there were a lot of really good middles available, Veljkovic, Jack Sinad, Heyrman, Kakowleaska, Stevanovic,Carol...but Motta goes ahead and signs the one who had a really poor season, simply the weakest option available. Very poor judgment and management. Next season their target should be Heyrman or Sinad. If one of Danesi-Folei-Robin leaves Conegliano, they should target "her" as well.

• And mostly important there were a lot of really good middles available, Veljkovic, Jack Sinad, Heyrman, Kakowleaska, Stevanovic...but Motta goes ahead and signs the one who had a really poor season, simply the weakest option available. Very poor judgment and management. Next season their target should be Heyrman or Sinad. If one of Danesi-Folei-Robin leaves Conegliano, they should target "her" as well.

I'd probably go with Danesi because Folei and Robin had season-ending injuries before. I wouldn't trust them to remain healthy all through out the year.

Adenizia is a great option too but I've been too far removed from women's volleyball for too long to know if she's available in the market next season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And mostly important there were a lot of really good middles available, Veljkovic, Jack Sinad, Heyrman, Kakowleaska, Stevanovic,Carol...but Motta goes ahead and signs the one who had a really poor season, simply the weakest option available. Very poor judgment and management. Next season their target should be Heyrman or Sinad. If one of Danesi-Folei-Robin leaves Conegliano, they should target "her" as well.

It's not easy being a MB in Turkey. Due to the foreign player restriction, they get relegated to the bench all too often and basically get to play full time only in CL, and that's too little. Even Rašić experiences that. And that's exactly the reason why Stevanović rejected Ezcacibasi's offer a few seasons ago. Jack and Heyrman are basically guaranteed the starting line-up position in Japan (+ they probably make very nice money), Veljković was not option because she wanted to be in the same country as Lisinac (and she didn't like playing in Turkey back in the day) and I guess most of the others would prefer to go somewhere they'd more play time for comparable money. Gibbemeyer really might have been the best they could do.

• Regarding CL and other European Cups ranking: they are not supposed to be out already, because the competitions are not finished yet, so the points of these cannot be fully attributed yet. Or is there another break and they use only up to last seasons result with new allocation rules?

yes, the points are not official yet but maybe they have already decide about the number of spots. i aslo read on cev.lu that they want to make cev cup stronger.