Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• Betting quotes of 1.2 Kazan to 4.5 Minsk seem to be too one-sided to me. By the way, the young Belorus Hryshkevich was a major reason for the (golden set) win of Minsk in CEV Cup semis last season against Stuttgart, she is kind of premature player IMHO, was more stable than the more experienced OH Sakolchyk.

• Disastrous performance by Moscow :wall:

I can't believe Moscow coach never change Havelkova.

Isaeva's passing is bad but at least she could be better than today's Havelkova.

• Why Minchanka should win? They seem to be very big underdog in this match.

Volleyball is one of the most interactive sports going. It is a game of intuition. Imagination. Improvisation. But most of all, of reciprocity. Of teamwork. There is no way to freelance in volleyball. :serve:

• Disastrous performance by Moscow :wall:

I can't believe Moscow coach never change Havelkova.

Isaeva's passing is bad but at least she could be better than today's Havelkova.

Havelkova was indeed a disaster, both in passing and attacking but she wasn't the only failure on Moscow's side of the net today. Goncharova was nothing like her usual level and was blocked 8 times. And Gendel... well she played almost the whole match and scored 0 points :lol:. I had to laugh when Sukomel finally subbed on Efimova who scored 2 points in a row. Honestly, Fetisova was the only player on the team who played well.

Uralochka actually played really well though. Podkopaeva (Malova) is a big help to this team and I bet Moscow wish she was still with them. Garelik was really dominant in attack, though partly due to Moscow's terrible defending.

• Fetisova was the only player on the team who played well.

I kinda wish Fetisova would move to a better league. She's way too good for this, but I get why Moscow must be comfortable for her and other players. It'd be fun to watch her in either Italy or Turkey though.

• Wow how much did Goncharova got blocked in yesterday match ??

And they have so bad libero, i hate when libero have bad reception. I mean that is your main job

• Havelkova was indeed a disaster, both in passing and attacking but she wasn't the only failure on Moscow's side of the net today.

I agree, everyone except Fetisova underperformed on yesterday's game.

Goncharova needs some time to get back her former shape.

And Gendel... well she played almost the whole match and scored 0 points :lol:. I had to laugh when Sukomel finally subbed on asiEfimova who scored 2 points in a row. Honestly, Fetisova was the only player on the team who played well.

me too:rolll::rolll:

Ognjenovic & Genzel should find good combination as soon as possible.

I wonder who will grab 2nd MB spot for Moscow (Fetisova almost guaranteed her 1st spot IMHO).

Genzel : very strong blocker, but her connection between Ognjenovic is quite off now...

Efimova : her slide is very efficient and threat for opponents, but her blocking movement is problematic.

Lyubushkina : despite short MB (Is she really 188cm ? I think she is around 185cm tall.), very balanced on both attacking and blocking.

• Proton Saratov in the first game has only one player from the former team + Markova and maybe the setter and all the other players were really young without experiences. But today they have also Alisheva and Dumcheva.

• Proton really fought bravely but it wasnt enough in the end. Alisheva was OK for being away for so long and the 18-year old winger Vera Kostyuchik from Belarus, a star in their youth NT together with Hryushevich from Minsk, performed pretty good as well with 24 pts in attack. In the end what failed them was not their attack but the abscence of a functional blocking game and organized floor defence as well as reception along with the fact Markovas shape in general seems to be under par.

Enisey Krasnoyarsk vs. Lokomotiv Kaliningrad will be interesting tomorrow. While checking the rosters for Enisey, I noticed Kraiduba (ex-Chernukha), the Ukrainian NT, is a lot younger than I´ve always thought. She looks older than 23 years of age to me.

• Moscow is playing very bad. Its outside spikers have bad reception and the second middle blocker (Gendel) doesn't contribute to the team... She was a good MB, but Moscow doesn't need her at this moment. For the next season, they should think about Mihajlovic (with the help of Maja haha), who would make a good pair with Krotkova... and thus be able to fight for a medal in the CL.

Krasnodar seems good in this season... They have a good opposite called Khaletskaya (24 years-old, 1.95). She's left-handed and in these two matches, she was the best scorer of her club (23 points against Uralochka and 24 points against Zarechie). If she continues at that level, Pankov should summon her.

Krasnodar 3 x 2 Uralochka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLS3yOfYuY

Krasnodar 3x1 Zarechie Odintsovo

http://tvstart.ru/ru/streams/z…dar-superliga-zhenshhiny/

• 3 top teams are missing a (possible) starting OH (injuries): Moscow (Krotkova), Kaliningrad (Kutyukova) and Minsk (Hryshkevich)

Kaliningrad used a 17-year old in the last two sets. Moscow didn't change the OH at all (weird decision...). Minsk was unable to replace Hryshkevich.

• Kaliningrad should have some problems today, at least if Kutyukova is still out. Without her, they lost against the reserve-team of Uralochka (with some A-team injections) during the Russian Cup, although Cleger, Voronkova, Zivkovic and Orlova all was on court for Lokomotiv. That time, Uralochka targeted Lokos vulnerabilites bigtime in reception, which in turn cracked entirely. I believe Odintsovo can win this game if they manage to serve very well, but on the other hand its an undeniable fact their poor defense will make them vulnerable while being the subject of Cleger and Voronkova´s supreme power.