Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• Saturday at 17:00 local time.

If we have another 5-set match Goncha's arms will surely fall off :lol:

• 2 decisive games today in Moscow. Dinamo has to do better in reception and stop losing several points in a row like they did in 3rd and 4th sets in previous games. Hopefully Shcherban has a better day and Goncharova does not have to do everything by herself...

Zarechie had only 10 players in Leningrad on Wednesday. Might be a problem today.

Any theory on what happened in Krasnoyarsk? It almost looked like Dinamo unlearned volleyball...

• Fetisova together with Danesi and Rasic best blocking MB trio in the world right now :super:

• Fetisova together with Danesi and Rasic best blocking MB trio in the world right now :super:

Agreed but I might add Carol to that. Her numbers are always great, I think even better than Rasic when they both played in Turkey.

• Good, I'm not at all a fan of deciding the championship in one single match after such a long season.

This is only in France, so far I know (at least of the better leagues), and I guess, they did it there at least partly, to make the championship more interesting due to the long years dominance of teams like Cannes and Tours.

• This is only in France, so far I know (at least of the better leagues), and I guess, they did it there at least partly, to make the championship more interesting due to the long years dominance of teams like Cannes and Tours.

Brazil used to have it in the past and I'm pretty sure Russia had it at least once in the last few years too.

• Brazil used to have it in the past and I'm pretty sure Russia had it at least once in the last few years too.

Yes, in Brazil it was not long ago also the case, didn't remember at first, because I follow primarily the better European leagues than others, only a little Brazil and China.

• Brazil had best of 3 or best of 5 until 2007/2008, when they changed it because of the Olympics.

Last year they changed it to best of 2 plus Golden set and this year is back to best of 3.

• Final, 3rd and 5th-place games start today. Moscow won both games against Lokomotiv this season but the last one in 5. Therefore and because they recovered after two bad games in the semis I still think they should win the series. Stolyarova did surprisingly well as a Shcherban replacement.

Kazan only lost one set against Uralochka this season. I think Kazan should be able to win the CL-place unless Uralochka can play at the same level they did in the first two games against Moscow.

Odintsovo-Yenisey was close this season (Odintsovo won 3:2 both games). Yenisey is doing pretty well under Marichev which might make them slight favorites but the libero position might still be a problem.

• I love Cleger, but she should find a way to score other than hitting the ball full force. Maybe off speed shot, tipping sometimes

Yeah I'm not sure she knows how to deal with top blockers, it was the same thing in the CL final last year. Usually her power is enough but that won't work against top teams.