Montreux Volley Masters 2018

• Turkey.

Very good match to watch. Their is some good defence from both side.

• Russian block is not there today, and Egonu is on fire!

• Whatever happened to Voronkova? She played good in VNL, now it seems she can barely attack

• Malygina. :gone:

Pankov could've use the reverse sub with Voronkova to raise her confidence.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And Italy won it 3:0 !!!

Brava girls, We are ready for WCH !!

MVP: Egonu

• Congrats Italy! Egonu had a great game and Bosetti too. For Russia, only Goncharova was their bright spot and I think Silver is not a bad result for them.

• Egonu delivered. Congrats to Italy.

This Youtuber has uploaded edited versions of most, maybe all, the Montreux matches if there are any that folks missed and would like to see. They are edited in that style of straight from point to serve, so a set takes about ten minutes. They are pretty good streams with English commentary

• So happy for Italy, such a boost for WCH. I hope they keep being consistent in reception.. if that works we have many weapons in attack.

Poor Krotkova, she has been a nice surprise.. Bosetti herself had that injury four years ago right before WCH in Italy!

• Startseva played so bad and made so bad decisions that krotkova got a injury - poor krotkova :( - her sets were just awful, all the time.

Italy was once again the strongest team, the "we never give up" team and play really well. And amazing how much Sylla improve through the tournament.

• congrats to Guidetti and his team..if this team could manage to minimize its mistakes then they can play better but i know its not that easy

after first two sets Brazil started to play like Brazil and especially third and fifth sets were enjoyable

Baladin was the best scorer of her team but she shoud minimize her mistakes.she wasnt mentally in the game against Russia and couldnt improve later. she should solve that.i think this is bcz she is not a starting player in her team..i hope she will limit her ups and downs to some degree after being a starter in Galatasaray with the upcoming season. Guidetti's starting the fifth set with Ebrar was a risky decision ,however Ebrar's serves helped the team win the fifth set..Cansu was better today after bad game she had played against Russia..she always has to play on a good level for this team to win bcz the second setter is question mark !..Guidetti started with two sliders : Eda and Beyza.. i prefer Zehra's attacks from 3..i still believe one of Kübra and Dicle should be with the team in Japan.

Brazil's attackers werent good enough but their blocking and defence enabled them to stay in the game..they are not too tall but are always good at blocking. :obey:..Rosamaria as OPP should play much better..Brazil missed Tandara in this match

Congrats to Italy. Egonu played well..i liked Danessi too..others were good/ok too..i felt sad for Natalia Krotkova and i wih her a good recovery..Goncharova played her game but the others couldnt help her..Krotkova was passing good but Anna Kotikova also can receive on a good level ( at least it seemed so during this match). when Startseva is in the game she sets to Goncharova more but Romanova doesnt set to her as much as Startseva..Russia's having good receivers is good..Russia was unexceptedly weak at blocking..Italy had 15 Russia had 6 however Italy made more mistakes..

• Finally caught up to watching the Bronze TUR v BRA. I haven't watched enough Turkish NT to understand why neither Meliha Ismailoglu nor Zehra Gunes played much at all. I thought they were anointed into the "Spirited Six", or whatever. I enjoyed the match but I can root with more oomph when Meliha and Zehra are playing. Hande Baladin played great. It's part of her charm that her blunders are epic. Ebrar Karakurt's got a great serve. I wish her serve at 14-11 would have been an ace rather than into the net, but Hande deserved to land the match Point. Simge Akoz is a work of art. Good instincts on block coverage, against taps, and what to do when a teammate has just committed an overpass. Gui should never reprimand her or tell her what to do. When someone is that good you trust them to make their own adjustments. I'm a fan :heart:

Brazil has all these great players. It's not unusual for them to start slow, but they were so flat in the first two sets. Turkey lost more focus than Brazil gained in set 4. Gabi's swing looked especially Gabi. :cheesy:

I like matches like this where I root for every point for both sides and then just accept the outcome. I did swing for Turkey in the end when Meliha and Zehra showed up.

• btw...Eda Erdem could have been in the dream team of the Montreux Volley Master but im not unhappy with Fotso's getting it.. congrats to her!

I missed this. The awards. Who's the Dream Team?

• I found this on a google search. I think it was from a Polish site:

Dream Team Montreux Volley Masters 2018:

Rozgrywająca: Cansu Ozbay (Turcja).

Atakująca: Natalia Gonczarowa (Rosja).

Środkowe: Agnieszka Kąkolewska (Polska), Stephanie Fotso Mogoung (Kamerun).

Przyjmujące: Gabrielle Braga Guimares (Brazylia), Lucia Bosetti (Włochy).

Libero: Thays Deprati (Szwajcaria).

MVP: Paola Egonu (Włochy).