2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I am really confused why POL were "suddenly" so bad in reception against the CHN team today?

Was it just a bad day for the POL team?

But if the team's reception is weak then how could they pass through other teams with good results earlier? :/

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• i only caught a little bit of the match.it seemed that the problem for POL was playing with new setter.nobody could kill the ball, there was no connection. kako was tipping and getting blocked. smarzek too tipped every ball. it was boring so i turned it off.

• I am really confused why POL were "suddenly" so bad in reception against the CHN team today?

Was it just a bad day for the POL team?

But if the team's reception is weak then how could they pass through other teams with good results earlier? :/

They changed their reception line, replacing sytsiak

• i only caught a little bit of the match.it seemed that the problem for POL was playing with new setter.nobody could kill the ball, there was no connection. kako was tipping and getting blocked. smarzek too tipped every ball. it was boring so i turned it off.

Simon Golding commented the POL team had no first passes, the new setter, Julia Nowicka, did not get the decent passes to do her task, consequently no offense. Just no transmission in the set 1. Smarzek was relatively quiet in the 1st set. The subsequent sets got better. Zhu just registered 13 points, not so active today.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The commentator said it has been decided de Kruijf will be part of the team next week.

• Korea’s MB Jung is still so classy, KOR about to get the 2nd set.

Why is Voronkova pissed off?

• omg no I refuse to accept people acting like Sloëtjes in Vakif was a big fail, none of that is true whatsoever, she was always amazing except maybe a few matches last season... People in this forum just can't appreciate Lonneke w/o talking down on her in some kind of way, ever.

But no I won't allow y'all to act like Sloëtjes flopped in VB and make it seem as fact. It doesn't seem like she is as great sometimes bcs she has also got a dominant Zhu next to her, ppl have never understood.

• Stysiak is really good considering her age. For an 18-year old, its a remarkable feat just to be in the main line-up for a squad in the VNL. Kasia Skowronska debuted for the Polish NT at the age of 20 for example, to put this accomplishment into some perspective. We have seen a dramatic rise of very young superstars who have taken a shortcut past the normal path from being newcombers to stars in a very short amount of time, such as Egonu, Haak and Vargas, which in turn have made us oblivious of a more broader historical context where its been rare to make a breakthrough already as a teenager. Neither Kosheleva nor Goncharova or Tandara were something special as teenagers. Kosheleva, for example, was far from considered main-line up material at 20 in OG 2008. Goncharova made her breakthrough in 2009 at the age of 20. And I mean, look at Smarzek now and then think about where she was in terms of level back in 2015 when she was in Stysiaks age right now.

Besides, usually players of extraordinary size, 200 cm+, tend to need more time in order to grow into world class-players. Gamova was never anything special before lets say 2001-2002, when she was already 21-22. During Sydney Olympics 2000, at the age of 20, she was a bench player.

• omg no I refuse to accept people acting like Sloëtjes in Vakif was a big fail, none of that is true whatsoever, she was always amazing except maybe a few matches last season... People in this forum just can't appreciate Lonneke w/o talking down on her in some kind of way, ever.

But no I won't allow y'all to act like Sloëtjes flopped in VB and make it seem as fact. It doesn't seem like she is as great sometimes bcs she has also got a dominant Zhu next to her, ppl have never understood.

maybe since Zhu arrived she hasn't been as decisive for them as before, but Slotjes surely was a great addition to Vakif. She gave her all

• Doesnt italy have air conditioning? seems korean and russian girls will fall in a faint.terrible .....

as for slotjes,dont blame others when you cant have a goos season in clubs. she didnt play seversal good matches last season.but i can understand.Money has been in the pocket.lets just relax and get a medal in NT.

• I like it when Bongaerts is on court, she is using the middles more than Dijkema. Koolhaas had some good attacks in the second set. 2-0 for the Netherlands

• as for slotjes,dont blame others when you cant have a goos season in clubs. she didnt play seversal good matches last season.but i can understand.Money has been in the pocket.lets just relax and get a medal in NT.

Please shut up! She was the most motivated player in vakifbank!

• Bongaerts is the best Dutch setter atm <3

Yes I hope she gets more play time! She is way better in the block and is more creative than Dijkema