2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• When did Pietrini become so good reciver ???

She was bad in Seria A and now She is doing great job at reception :white::white:

Her attack was very good even last year... So happy to see her grow as player !

• When did Pietrini become so good reciver ???

She was bad in Seria A and now She is doing great job at reception :white::white:

Her attack was very good even last year... So happy to see her grow as player !

Many bad receivers are doing well or ok right now with NT I noticed its weird. Hande is even receiving well lol

Hande

• We struggled quite a lot but we won it with three points. Egonu turned things around, with calm and avoiding too many mistakes. Honestly I was hoping even not to use her, but DOM after a bad first set started to play really good!

• The biggest problem for Netherlands is reception. When the ball is out of system, it's difficult to socre it. So good reception would help a lot.

At the moment they don't have a real OPP. Therefore, the attacking at the right side is rather weak. This will get much better when Slöetjes is back.

• Good game for roberta! This girl is something the other teams will have to worry, awessome serve and the block!!!

Mayany is the game changer in set 3, if she had been a starter at sets 1 and 2, brazil could have more blocks!!!

Tainara game changer in set 2.... gabi is excellent when u need her the most!!!

Leia really has a space in the national team...

Ps i love macris but she was well read.

• I can't really say a bad word about the Netherlands. They fought hard, it wasn't the highest level, but they made a real battle out of it!:box:However, I think they could have won the match in 3 sets. About Brazil, they didn't play well. I expected much more off Macris and Gabi, but the last one suddenly raised up her level and finished the game. Mayany played well when she came in! It's a shame Daalderop had to go of the court after the second set. With her attacking power, they had a bigger chance to win. Knip played good in defence and Lohuis serve was on point!:obey:The block worked really well the first two sets, but after that the level of Timmerman dropped. She was scared to attack, because she had made some faults. Biggest problem was opposite position, both Baijens and Meijers couldn't make a difference. I have to say, Dijkema played pretty well the first two and a half set. Also Jasper played okay! I didn't expect this result and it was a nice atmosphere! I don't regret that I went to watch!:drink:

• Brazil was garbage, but I guess this is the new normal for them in early stages of the VNL. I won't hold it against them, especially with such a new team like this. I'm glad Tainara showed up today though! The girl has a seriously powerful swing.

ossubtus I'm here, babe! I was just pissed at Brazil for playing like crap. lol

• Why didn't Daalderop come back? The announcer kept wondering about it , maybe I just missed the explanation.

• P.S it was an honour to be part of the farewell of Pilon-Stam and Nummerdor-Flier. Both were great players and did a lot for the volleyball in the Netherlands!:flower:

• Why didn't Daalderop come back? The announcer kept wondering about it , maybe I just missed the explanation.

There is nothing anounced, but she sat down after the second set and had ice on her leg. Against South Korea she only palyed two sets, Serbia one and Turkey non. So I think the want the prefent her for an injury.

• I think that last year Gabi played only 1 set every match

• If Adams/Gibby/Dixon don't step up their game, I'm afraid Akinradewo might be the only veteran MB in Tokyo

I don't see why Foluke is on the list for 2020. She played in Japan this past season so of course she would be MVP. But the past important matches over the year, she is getting slower to the block. I see Dixon for sure on the roster. Adams never been a fan but I'm not sure how she played this year. I like Gibby but I don't see her either.

• I saw a few comments about Gabi-Macris duo and I’d like to make a point about this. Guys, please understand that Gabi is a great player overall but she ain’t no Zhu Ting to achieve crazy scores in every single game. This duo worked well this season but we had Natalia, Gattaz and Bruna helping Gabi a lot. In many matches, Natalia and Gattaz were the main responsible for scoring for Minas. Now that Gabi is the main star of the team by far, it is harder for a player with her characteristics to score in every single opportunity. She’s a great player overall, with balanced skills, but she’s not a brilliant attacker (like Zhu, Boskovic, Egonu, Tandara, Natalia, etc).