2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Pusic is such a mess! Don't Serbia have anyone else besides popovic?

She forgot to get out of the way on that last point. :aww:

• Teodora Pusic and Jelena Blagojevic :lol:

At least Blagojevic was much better than Busa. 2nd OH position and these youngsters are a problem for Serbia. Though this was just 1 match of course. It does not mean much. Maybe they'll be great every match from now who knows.

With Pusic though, I dont anything at all in her.

• 3-0:super:

Seems like turkey will be in the final 6 again this year unless there will be any injury. I wonder if any of Eda, Naz and neriman will join to the team in next weeks.

On the other hand, Serbia looks chaotic on the absence of Maja and popovic. They have at least 6-7 great mbs and boskovic+Mihajlovic but they can't function in a beast mode without Maja or zivkovic. Also with such a fragile reception line, they always need a solid libero such as popovic.

• Funny how Serbia produced 2 of the best setters of their generation + another who is at least solid and seemingly nothing much afterwards.

I have been worried about life after Maja for this team for a long time, luckily she has played far longer than it looked like she would but that time is drawing near...

• Turkey played a perfect match. Ebrar was brilliant. Hande and Meliha passed really well....Serbia failed to put them under pressure.

This game was a learning experience for Serbia. Everything went Turkey's way.

I liked the commentator who suggested Serbia didn't play well because Turkey didn't let them. It happens.

• I think we underestimate Silvija Popovic's role in the NT :teach: yes she doesn't look as great as some other liberos sometimes but let's be honest, she has a lot on her plate to handle with the Serbian reception line. And she does actually very well still usually.

Serbia without Maja is another team, indeed Zivkovic was also still miles better then Mirkovic and Anatan.

Both Maja and Silvija are not young anymore though...

• I guess Turkey is going to the F6 this year again. I don't think NED is gonna make it, so definitely gonna be at least a new face in the F6 this year.

I'm betting on Poland or DOM.

I say Poland will make it.

• Special mention to Meliha. Nice to see players who can contribute in all elements of the game, she’s a very solid receiver, a useful attacking option and has a very dangerous serve. 2 seasons ago she got a lot of game time for ECZ and did a really good job but was stuck on the bench most of this season and I hope that doesn’t happen again in VB. Maybe I’m going too far, but sometimes I think she can be the next Gozde if she works hard at it. Guidetti is a great coach so hopefully he can steer her in the right direction.

• This could have also been SER 3-0 TUR. This is why I like the VNL. I watched Japan's A-Team minus their Setter and Libero lose to Belgium this morning -- and enjoyed it:!:

• Congrats to Turkey! They all played well, and as much as i hate to admit Ebrar was great, really smart attacking choices and her defence on Boskovic is always great. Brankica had a nice set only when libero is setting, the rest she was tipping. xd Mirkovic has fine sets, except to position 4.But since Boskovic was seeing Vakifbank logo in her mind and their bad reception it couldn't work.

• That's why would be mistake for Terviz to bring Zivkovic back.....he needs to take Mirkovic to the OGQL, ECH and OG....this way she can learn from Maja and gain the experience to be with the team during big tournaments. He should already have taken Mirkovic to the WCH. ..

Maja never needs backup....it is not necessary to have Zivkovic there.

Serbia would play better with Zivkovic or Ana...but winning VNL is not priority...Mirkovic getting this experience is more important.

• Congrats to Turkey! They all played well, and as much as i hate to admit Ebrar was great, really smart attacking choices and her defence on Boskovic is always great. Brankica had a nice set only when libero is setting, the rest she was tipping. xd Mirkovic has fine sets, except to position 4.But since Boskovic was seeing Vakifbank logo in her mind and their bad reception it couldn't work.

Good point. Guidetti knows Boskovic so well...he knows how to stop her even more than Terzic ...since Terzic just played against Boskovic for the first time this season.