Most promising rising female stars (Born 2000 or later)

• Guewe has a nasty ACL injury. She transferred to a more elite NCAA school

Ah? I didn't knew about it

i hope she's ok,so sad,some players take a long time to recover from an acl and sometimes never recover their past shape

• Don't know if someone already did but I would add "Ilkin Aydin" and "Derya Cebecioglu" to the list from Turkey. If they don't get injured, they might take places of Hande Baladin and Meliha from the NT in a year.

Ilkin has a history of bad injuries, was very promising 2-3 years ago but had 2 ACL injuries in 2 years. After these injuries, it was her first season and she did a very good job in a terrible system and team. She is more of a complete OH.

Derya is very agile and athletic, jumps well. Her receiving skills are still not there but Turkish NT lacks a strong hitter OH after Neriman.

We might see them after 9th June in VNL this year already or one of them at least in ECH this fall.

• And what about Alexia Carutasu from Romania? I hear she's naturalizing turkish, is that true? I watched some videos of her and she will probably be on stage for the world's best attackers in the next generation soon.

• And what about Alexia Carutasu from Romania? I hear she's naturalizing turkish, is that true? I watched some videos of her and she will probably be on stange for the world's best attackers in the next egeneration soon.

I doubt it's true as she's playing for Romania NT

• And what about Alexia Carutasu from Romania? I hear she's naturalizing turkish, is that true? I watched some videos of her and she will probably be on stage for the world's best attackers in the next generation soon.

She is great prospect. Very talented. Many reliable sources said she applied for Turkish citizenship but she is playing for Romania NT and competing in CEV Golden League. I wonder if she can play as Turkish in league if she gets Turkish passport.

Obviously cant play for Turkey NT anymore.

• She is great prospect. Very talented. Many reliable sources said she applied for Turkish citizenship but she is playing for Romania NT and competing in CEV Golden League. I wonder if she can play as Turkish in league if she gets Turkish passport.

I really wanted her to stay in Turkey a bit longer but I can understand her decision to play for Romania. I hope she continues to thrive and help Romania go further.

• She is great prospect. Very talented. Many reliable sources said she applied for Turkish citizenship but she is playing for Romania NT and competing in CEV Golden League. I wonder if she can play as Turkish in league if she gets Turkish passport.

I think she can .....it's still possible

• Alexia looked so miserable and unhappy when she played for Romania :rolll: I watched some of her matches, she was constantly sighing and rolling her eyes in some matches, looking like she didn't want to be there. I wonder what happened for her to play for the NT

I think she will be able to play in Turkish league as a local soon and will stay for a long time but maybe not Turkish NT.

• Alexia looked so miserable and unhappy when she played for Romania :rolll: I watched some of her matches, she was constantly sighing and rolling her eyes in some matches, looking like she didn't want to be there. I wonder what happened for her to play for the NT

I think she will be able to play in Turkish league as a local soon and will stay for a long time but maybe not Turkish NT.

Where can I watch the matches from Romania?

• I think she indeed was going to become Turkish but once Vargas became Turkish, things got complicated and she went to play for Romania. I have different feelings about this situation. Vargas was a great prospect, she still could be a great player but I’m not sure if she is 100% into volleyball and wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up not playing for Turkey after all. I would have liked to see Alexia, she has been in Turkey for years and doesn’t have ties with an infamous agency. I wish she would have waited a bit more instead of playing with Romania NT, she might have gotten better options if not for Turkey.

• I think she indeed was going to become Turkish but once Vargas became Turkish, things got complicated and she went to play for Romania. I have different feelings about this situation. Vargas was a great prospect, she still could be a great player but I’m not sure if she is 100% into volleyball and wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up not playing for Turkey after all. I would have liked to see Alexia, she has been in Turkey for years and doesn’t have ties with an infamous agency. I wish she would have waited a bit more instead of playing with Romania NT, she might have gotten better options if not for Turkey.

I think this is the case also.

Vargas also got special treatment and it was clear they put her in front of Alexia and she noticed surely.

She actually even had issues with Romanian federation as she said she didn't want to play for them initially. I like Vargas but I agree with you, I would've prioritized Alexia personally.

• Arina "best young player in the world" Fedorovtseva :white::super:

• I think this is the case also.

Vargas also got special treatment and it was clear they put her in front of Alexia and she noticed surely.

She actually even had issues with Romanian federation as she said she didn't want to play for them initially. I like Vargas but I agree with you, I would've prioritized Alexia personally.

Alexia's case is such a mystery to me! Federation president said like almost a year ago that they already applied for her citizenship and waiting for an answer soon meanwhile there was no such announcement about Vargas. Then all of a sudden Vargas got her Turkish passport from Tayyip's hand:white: And again all of a sudden Alexia decides to play for Romanian NT (not like for WCh or anything just a joke tournament) clearly there was something dodgy going on behind the doors. I hope we can hear more about this issue later

• Alexia's case is such a mystery to me! Federation president said like almost a year ago that they already applied for her citizenship and waiting for an answer soon meanwhile there was no such announcement about Vargas. Then all of a sudden Vargas got her Turkish passport from Tayyip's hand:white: And again all of a sudden Alexia decides to play for Romanian NT (not like for WCh or anything just a joke tournament) clearly there was something dodgy going on behind the doors. I hope we can hear more about this issue later

Wow I was unaware of how this was developing. It's tragic . No dis to Vargas, who's here and now, but Alexia's future seems seemed bigger to me

• Upping this thread, I think Russia should invest with Vita Akimova (Born in 2002, 197 cm) from the recent U20 World Championships. She would be a good replacement once Goncharova retires. With her, Fedorovtseva, Kadochkina, and a few more reliable MBs and liberos from the younger generation, I think we might see Russia become a big threat in women's volleyball once again.