2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Congrats to Italian girls, especially Egonu. It couldn't have been easy after such a defeat and then such vitriol to gather the will and desire enough to battle for that bronze but they did.:flower:

I already reconciled myself with the loss later today; all I ask is for Brazilian members here not to troll us too hard. I expect it from those damn Yankees and Yankee-adjacent to do it, so don't need them to pile on too, m'kay?:rose:

• Congrats to Italian girls, especially Egonu. It couldn't have been easy after such a defeat and then such vitriol to gather the will and desire enough to battle for that bronze but they did.:flower:

I already reconciled myself with the loss later today; all I ask is for Brazilian members here not to troll us too hard. I expect it from those damn Yankees and Yankee-adjacent to do it, so don't need them to pile on too, m'kay?:rose:

it's ok the olympics is the real deal

I havent seen any Serbian user that have been rude towards Brazilian players (not that I know of) in here so I think they are gonna be nice towards you guys. Plus the final match is up for both teams.

• I agree. That's the best way to destroy any player's confidence. ?(

• I think Giovanni Guideti is going to be available in my opinion, and italian fans think he is the best italian coach, at least at the same level of Santarelli. For me Santarelli is the best but also Guidetti is an excellent coach!!!

• i don't really speak italian but i can't understand as I hear a lot of songs and volleyball and have some chat with relatives

In that video i can't hear what are they talking about,music is loud...only some words

I hope an italian user could come but maybe it was just someone wanting to create controversy

• i don't really speak italian but i can't understand as I hear a lot of songs and volleyball and have some chat with relatives

In that video i can't hear what are they talking about,music is loud...only some words

I hope an italian user could come but maybe it was just someone wanting to create controversy

She does say what the translation says

• I can't say that Paola is one of my favorite players but damn, it would be such a huge loss for the sport if anything happened to her or if she decided not to play for the NT. It's easy to forget but she carries her team on her back at not even 24 years old, and my heart just breaks for her being blamed for the loss, any loss. She must be extremely proud of herself for all her individual and team accomplishments, and I hope she has many more Olympics and World Championships in front of her to add to them even more:love:

• I think this is what Egonu thinks at this specific moment, but she'll have like 9 months outside of Italy to reconsider stuff and she has great relations with several players from NT due to Conegliano links, so I don't think she'll ultimately retire from NT, at least before Paris.

It's completely understandable tho that the pressure and hate she receives got the better of her, under these circumstances everyone would feel more or less undervalued and exhausted.