Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Is there any young talented OPP that turned/forced to be OH and succeed? This is not a shame, just a real honest question! Is there? Or was any?

Maybe Pietersen? She began her career as a middle blocker, than turned to opposite and ended her career as an outside hitter. She did a solid job on the outside hitter position.

• Maybe Pietersen? She began her career as a middle blocker, than turned to opposite and ended her career as an outside hitter. She did a solid job on the outside hitter position.

Caroline wensink also played in several positions, right? I remember she was also very versatile player

• Caroline wensink also played in several positions, right? I remember she was also very versatile player

Yes normally a middle blocker, but if I remember right she could play opposite and even outside hitter. I think the versatility is in the family;)

• Yes normally a middle blocker, but if I remember right she could play opposite and even outside hitter. I think the versatility is in the family;)

Hahah right, most of the dutchies I know are also very versatile 😜

• Jaqueline's first appearances in the senior NT she played as OPP mainly as a double sub. I believe this was in 2001 ou 2002 at the Montreux. She was really Strong in that position but then she had several injuries and when she got back she started to play only as OH.

Yeah, that’s true. She was also MVP of U19 or U21 World Championship in 2001 if I’m not wrong, and she was the OPP starter and Sheilla was her substitute.

• Maybe Guidetti should adapt Lang Ping's system. And have Ebrar play receiving OPP like Gong. I believe Haak can hit from any position.

Ebrar should play as OPP and Haak as OPP. Simple as that

You have nice recivers in your team you don't change something that is working.

• I agree with that. But in this case Ebrar will spend all season long on the bench.

She's about the same age as Haak. If she doesn't beat her for a spot in the starting line-up, how on earth is she supposed to be a world class player anytime soon? It's not like she has Egonu or Boskovic in front of her...

• She's about the same age as Haak. If she doesn't beat her for a spot in the starting line-up, how on earth is she supposed to be a world class player anytime soon? It's not like she has Egonu or Boskovic in front of her...

Haak is not Egonu or Boskovic, but she's very very close to them. Even Tandara, Sloetjes or Goncha would have to fight really hard to start over Haak...and Haak would probably still start over them.

Fofao was one o f the greatest setters, but she had to bench on the NT because Brazil already had Fernanda Venturini, who happened to be one of the greatest also.

Imagine if Fofao would have to play in the same club with Fernanda and compete with her? Fofao would have spent her whole career on the bench.

• Haak is not Egonu or Boskovic, but she's very very close to them. Even Tandara, Sloetjes or Goncha would have to fight really hard to start over Haak...and Haak would probably still start over them.

Haak has to prove herself this season in Vakifbank, before she can get compared to Boskovic or Egonu... She played great against Aydin, but against a strong opponent as Eczacibasi during Super Cup she contributed nothing apart from the fourth set. Also against strong opponents and in CL last year she couldn't make a difference. Although I do think she has the potential to come near the level of Egonu and Boskovic.

• She's about the same age as Haak. If she doesn't beat her for a spot in the starting line-up, how on earth is she supposed to be a world class player anytime soon? It's not like she has Egonu or Boskovic in front of her...

You are right about that Ebrar should fight for the starting slot over Haak but when a club transfer a player for 3 years with a million yearly contract, it would be extra hard to keep her on the bench. Also Haak clearly has bigger name than Ebrar. Thus club trusts her more than Ebrar as a starter.

I think transfer of Haak was a bad move from Vakıfbank. Probably they didn't expect Ebrar to make such a big improvement over one summer.

I think the best solution would be to use Ebrar-maja and cansu-haak duos and rotate them as much as possible match by match or even set by set. Gabi-meliha duo would be very solid at reception allowing to score a lot with Vakıfbank's strong MBs

• When you have rule of only 3 foreign players on the court and you have HUGE potential in Ebrar you don't put her on the bench, you use her to make another smart transfer.

When you Look at this way, Yes, Haak is bad transfer but She is great player.

• Well, it is Guidetti's dilemma after all. If he puts the club or natl team first. But he is coaching Vakifbank as a club so he needs to put the club as top priority. And having Haak in vakif is not entirely a bad transfer since she doesnt have natl team duties. Olympics is fast approaching and players need to avoid injuries as much as possible especially those who are gunning for Olympic medals.