Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Istanbul is a whole country in itself tbh.

No wonder, considering its population is as big as the whole populations of Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia put together (on just 1% of that territory).:cheesy::lol:

• I did the same job for the men's teams of the top 3 categories of turkish league. Just 6 teams from Istanbul. On the other hand, 8 teams come from Ankara.

So we can easily say Istanbul is the capital of women's volleyball. :lol:

In both men's and women's volleyball, most of the teams come from the european part of the city.

• My favorite neighborhood is Bebek as well, maybe because of good memories of university years.

Kadıköy is also a great place to live, especially their breakfast Cafe's😍

• What do you guys think will happen to league. Will it continue? I don't think so. Will there be a campion? Which teams will go to second league. Which teams will promote to Sultans league? The 4 teams (Sarıyer-Kuzeyboru-Kale 1957-Ilbank) from play-offs of second league want TVF to accept all of them to Sultans league. Do you think such thing can happen? And do you think the Sultans league will have 12-14 or 16 teams next season?

• What will happend with THY. There main sponsor Turksih Arline has huge financial lose.

Cutting the budget, is there any info about them ?

• Turkish Airlines is a nationalized Airline, so there should not be any big financial lose.

Yea they did lose a lot, however I don't expect too much to change for a company like THY IF COVID-19 stabilizes in a few months, actually that is still a big if come to think about it.

• What do you guys think will happen to league. Will it continue? I don't think so. Will there be a campion? Which teams will go to second league. Which teams will promote to Sultans league? The 4 teams (Sarıyer-Kuzeyboru-Kale 1957-Ilbank) from play-offs of second league want TVF to accept all of them to Sultans league. Do you think such thing can happen? And do you think the Sultans league will have 12-14 or 16 teams next season?

I just saw this. interesting. I feel like 4 teams of VVSL may want to leave so it might still be possible without more than 12 clubs. I kinda expect TVF to say yes, either way...

• Yea they did lose a lot, however I don't expect too much to change for a company like THY IF COVID-19 stabilizes in a few months, actually that is still a big if come to think about it.

THY is such a big and worldwide known company... They could easily have the highest budjet of volleyball if they want. :lol:

• THY is such a big and worldwide known company... They could easily have the highest budjet of volleyball if they want. :lol:

It is all about the priorities of their executive committee. The investments only started when Ilker Ayci transferred to THY's executive board from Vakifbank. He was chairman of Vakifbank and one of the reasons why Vakifbank invested so much to the volleyball. Now he is trying to the same investments in thy but I wouldn't be surprised if all the investment would stop in the case that he leaves THY

• It is all about the priorities of their executive committee. The investments only started when Ilker Ayci transferred to THY's executive board from Vakifbank. He was chairman of Vakifbank and one of the reasons why Vakifbank invested so much to the volleyball. Now he is trying to the same investments in thy but I wouldn't be surprised if all the investment would stop in the case that he leaves THY

Like every other company. :win:

• As I told earlier, Okan Böke of Galatasaray deleted his tweet and apologised for misunderstanding.

Today voleybolplus shared it as news and added that GS's women and mens teams together had 6 foreigners and this was 30% of the total budget (lol lol lol).

I think that is the reason why people got pissed of at his tweet. Foreign players do not necessarily mean extra costs to the teams and at the moment currency change is not so drastic either. Besides, I am sure they can still find useful players instead of Rhykliuk and Belien who are way cheaper. For the mens team, it is a total joke because names like Venno and Antonov did not deliver well at all this season and it was such a waste of money anyway. It might actually be that he meant the mens team in his first tweet and things got out of his hands.

To be honest, with current situation, I only expect Vakifbank and Eczacibasi to make fine teams which can still make it to semi-finals in CL. FB as a club is in great debt, I know they had many sponsors in previous years but if sponsors reduce their support, they might have big troubles too. Among other teams in the league, I think THY can make some surprises, though it might make public react if THY declares a big negative economy while financing a women's volleyball team, with some fat contracts.

All in all, it might still be a good season for the following reasons:

- We can watch some fun matches between teams 3-12 next season and gap between those teams can be far less than usual.

- A lot of young prospects will have a great opportunity to play regularly in VVSL and prove themselves. I am excited to see Ilkin Aydin of GS and Ipar Kurt of Fenerbahce playing regularly and which players Vakifbank and Eczacibasi will loan to other teams such as Dalia Wilson.

One drawback is, clubs will try to reduce costs of their bench players. This means some good prospects of Vakifbank (Derya Cebecioglu, Tugba and even Ebrar) and Eczacibasi (Merve Atlier) might spend the season in their clubs and benches.