2019 Pan American Games

• I don't know where they found this man but this (USA) coach is terrible. Its like hes only there for the free trip and the continental breakfast. I guess the plan is just to give the c-team some reps and international competition experience instead of winning this thing.

• Maira is one of the worst players I've seen playing for Brazil NT in such an important competition since I can remember (almost 20 years).

• It used to be a very important tournment for many teams, but now it looks like only a "training".

Cuba x Brazil in these Games were just awesome! Even USA with it B team was a good team. I remember Berg, Tayyiba Haneef Park, Thompson, Scott Arruda, Akinradewo, Klineman, Lloyd, Banwarth, etc, playing it.

The level of the competition has dicreased a lot.

• After 8 sets the American coach finally talks some strategy...am being generous here, he's worse than Karch when Karch is in his zen-space-life-coach mode. Nothing of value comes out of his mouth during TO.

Charles trusts the vibes. Only positive vibes allowed and vibes never lie. :saint:

• Maira is one of the worst players I've seen playing for Brazil NT in such an important competition since I can remember (almost 20 years).

I definitely agree what on earth is she doing. Shes the 8th player of the opponent

• It used to be a very important tournment for many teams, but now it looks like only a "training".

Cuba x Brazil in these Games were just awesome! Even USA with it B team was a good team. I remember Berg, Tayyiba Haneef Park, Thompson, Scott Arruda, Akinradewo, Klineman, Lloyd, Banwarth, etc, playing it.

The level of the competition has dicreased a lot.

Agreed! The last time USA and Brazil sent their second stringers. Those girls can start in other national teams. This Pan-Am games they sent their C team. Clearly, they just joined for the sake of joining.

• thanks, xopeech.

guys, let’s not exaggerate. this is not BRA C team. macris, mara, lorenne, paula, they’re all in the À team. last time, BRA had to split the A team because GP finals were the same week so they sent a mixed team to omaha and toronto. i think US did the same.

but yeah, 2011 finals were exciting— the Olympic champs against the last hurrah of CUB (i think silva, cleger, carcaces, palacio, sillie were in that team).

• leyva returned to PER but they lost a heartbreaker to COL last night. COL played good defense in addition to the match of coneo‘s life. she had 30 kills (?) in 4 sets.

who’d thought ARG might finish first in their group?

i watched some of the US again. i still have not witnessed a kill by plummer. OTOH neither have i seen a dig by cuttino.

• thanks, xopeech.

guys, let’s not exaggerate. this is not BRA C team. macris, mara, lorenne, paula, they’re all in the À team. last time, BRA had to split the A team because GP finals were the same week so they sent a mixed team to omaha and toronto. i think US did the same.

but yeah, 2011 finals were exciting— the Olympic champs against the last hurrah of CUB (i think silva, cleger, carcaces, palacio, sillie were in that team).

I wouldn't call the team from VNL "A team", specially when we know that all the oldies are almost 100% certainly returning for future competitions or Tokyo 2020... I think it is pretty accurate call the Pan's team if not a "C", a "mix C and B-ish" team...

I think the downfall of Cuba made the USA and Brazil do not give a damn about Pan anymore... CUB had that amazing team that we all know and Brazil used to love (and hate) to play against them so they took advantage of every possible opportunity to play with their best, at their best..

• leyva returned to PER but they lost a heartbreaker to COL last night. COL played good defense in addition to the match of coneo‘s life. she had 30 kills (?) in 4 sets.

who’d thought ARG might finish first in their group?

i watched some of the US again. i still have not witnessed a kill by plummer. OTOH neither have i seen a dig by cuttino.

Is she playing full time? As far as I know they started to convert her into a opposite in order to prepare her for the next olympic cicle.

• Is she playing full time? As far as I know they started to convert her into a opposite in order to prepare her for the next olympic cicle.

from what i saw, she started as OPP against ARG, then got subbed by cuttino (who then got subbed by rivers). against PUR, she only came in for double sub but i was able to watch only 2-3 sets. she got blocked every time, or dug.

• from what i saw, she started as OPP against ARG, then got subbed by cuttino (who then got subbed by rivers). against PUR, she only came in for double sub but i was able to watch only 2-3 sets. she got blocked every time, or dug.

So she didn't start well in her new position. IMHO she can have a big impact if the swich of position works well, but I'm okay with her staying as outside hitter, because she's different than any other player in that position; she can bring some fire just like Foecke.

She will improve soon. She's the best NCAA product since Logan Tom after all. I have full trust on her. :heart:

• From the olympic qualification tournament played last weekend, Brazil took to the Panam Games 5 players including 3 starters: Macris, Lorenne and Mara. The other two are Paula Borgo and Mayani, and is being coached by the main technical staff (Ze Roberto)

In this sense, let's say that Brazil is playing with a mix of A and B team and therefore is a surprise losing to Argentina in 3 sets.

I agree that USA did not care and sending their best team. Even the team that played few weeks ago in the Panam Cup was better that this one, which does not make sense since the games are way more important and better covered that the Panam Cup.

Today Brazil vs USA promise a good battle for the second place and access to semifinals. I believe Brazil has the advantage of experience and better coach.

On the other group Dominican and Colombia are pretty much in control of their fate.