2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• I politely disagree.

I think what EczV does is only look at name and experience, which is exactly what they need to break free off. Bongaerts is really talented imo, I never said it's a risk-free transfer but those are the kinds of risks Vitra HAS to take at this point. It doesn't necessarily have to be her either, just a few of those kinds of transfers.

Hanke is an experienced setter who could return as well, I really like her recently.

Eczacibasi hired Molly Kreklow after her amazing season in Dresdner. She couldn't fit in the system and couldn't handle the pressure to play in top 3 team in Turkey. Molly and Nilay cried a lot in this season, ask to Caprara. The level of stress is too high in Turkish league, many of you might think like "not huge interest in volleyball in Turkey, so no stress" but it's totally opposite. Top 3 teams pay a lot and ask for a lot.

Bongearts has talent, for sure but even her best game, she is unstable and she is not mentally strong. (She missed almost all serves in quarter final of EC in Ankara, effected a lot by spectators. In olympic qualifications, against Germany in semi final, she set terrible at the end of the game when she entered with double sub and Morrison had to put Dijakema-opp back in.... For example, transfering Orthman is risky too but her mental game is strong, it's acceptable risk. For Bongearts, it's not. For Molly, it was not.

• I agree that Ecz has to stop choosing players by name and experience and not be interested in the player's current form and ability.

But also i agree with Taylor about Bongaerts, she is at least not yet for big clubs like Ecz is.

• But also i dont see any other avaliable setter on market at this moment for Ecz.

• Malinov? There was some rumours that she will go to Moscow. Apparently Dijakema will be in Moscow. Scandicci with budget cut, imoco with wolosz, novara with hancock, monza with orro...Haven't heard about Malinov.

Scandicci SLIGHTLY cut its budget from the crazy expenses of the last few years, but it's not like they're completely shutting down (they're probably still going to be top 3 clubs in Italy in terms of investment), i believe what they're "saving" from Slotijes/Kakolewska/Stevanovic to Drewniok and Popovic it's all the cutting they will do, I think at this point even Bricio could stay there. Malinov it's almost sure to stay, from what i heard/read.

• Scandicci SLIGHTLY cut its budget from the crazy expenses of the last few years, but it's not like they're completely shutting down (they're probably still going to be top 3 clubs in Italy in terms of investment), i believe what they're "saving" from Slotijes/Kakolewska/Stevanovic to Drewniok and Popovic it's all the cutting they will do, I think at this point even Bricio could stay there. Malinov it's almost sure to stay, from what i heard/read.

Bricio is rumored to play in Monza, and I don't see why would She stay. I mean Pietrini and her are almost on the same level, same type of players + She is domestic player and cheaper player, don't forget that L.Bosetti is coming back and We all know what world class player She is.

Perf balance between OHs duo.

• Malinov? There was some rumours that she will go to Moscow. Apparently Dijakema will be in Moscow. Scandicci with budget cut, imoco with wolosz, novara with hancock, monza with orro...Haven't heard about Malinov.

Honestly i am not thrilled with her games at all, she is also unstable from time to time, and could be unprecise. Maybe the best possible option now but i dont see that Ecz bring to much with enlisting her.

• What about Veljkovic, because rumors about Chiaka in Ecz become stronger and she obviously finish with Novara. Maybe Fenerbahce truly can hire her.

• It would be strange to see Veljkovic in Turkey because She wants to be near her boyfriend, maybe all this situation with Olympics changed everything... Maybe She will stay after all in Novara for 1 more season, maybe not in Novara but in Italy for sure.

• I think Ogbogu is more confirmed that Velj on Ecz

Yes and because of that i wonder where Veljkovic could play, since it doesn't make senese for Ecz to hire them both.

• I wouldn't put that much hope and pressure on Lucia honestly, when she came back after her previous injury it took a long while before going back to a good level, so they still need another reliable OH.

Lucia is world class player first of all because of her reception but especially because of defenece. It is easier to comeback in that part in right shape than in attack, but I get it you.

• Yes and because of that i wonder where Veljkovic could play, since it doesn't make senese for Ecz to hire them both.

They can if they are gone have Hande and Meliha in there starting six... That would be something different for Ecz but it can work.

• Malinov Is the weak link for both her club and NT. Eczacibasi needs more. I don't see them signing a setter that won't add anything to their game (like it was what Is left of Lloyd). They're better staying with Gamze.

• Yes and because of that i wonder where Veljkovic could play, since it doesn't make senese for Ecz to hire them both.

Why not? Two top foreign MB with a scorer Opp is not a bad transfer policy. I would prefer to see that instead of having foreign OHs in Eczacıbasi.

I don't thing neither Bongaerts nor Malinov could add anything to Eczacıbasi. Bongaerts looks good since her creativity makes a big contrast to a dull setter like Dijkema, other than that she is not at the level for a top team, at least not now. Malinov was playing better 2-3 years ago than she is now. Indeed I would pick Orro anytime over Malinov considering their current shapes. To me it wouldn't worth t hire Skorupa after her disappointing season.

I think everyone agrees that the number of good setters nowadays is not more than 5-6. And even good ones like Nootsara or Ding wouldn't necessarily work well in Eczacıbasi. Those setters would function only in a system. For instance, Nootsara wouldn't show her magic in a team without a solid reception and fast MBs.