EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• I don't enjoy the game of Serbia in the least, there is too much reliance on the individual quality of Tijana Boskovic, so much so that the other players play without any responsibility and play badly (mostly I mean OH's). But I can't agree that they should be ashamed, after that first set Maja, Rasic, Popovic contributed significantly and it wasn't Boskoball as most of you repeat. Should they be worried? Yes, of course, but that is the biggest responsibility of Terzic. However, it is not fair that so much belittling is shown to the team that won the second consecutive Olympic medal 20 days ago and just placed in the 6th consecutive semifinal of EuroVolley, and even though it is not at the level of previous results, it is still a result for respect.

• Turkey and Serbia will play first semi final, at 17:00 (CET) Local time.

Italy vs Netherlands 20:00 (CET)

*It's not just wikipedia, Maja mentioned that in post match interview.

• I see Turkey as clear favorite against Serbia. Turkey has lots of options and has solid team play where as Serbia has only Boskovic (I bet Eda can't wait to block her).

Haven't watched Italy vs Russia but I'm not surprised with the result. It's hard to expect anything from a Russian team this young and unstable.

Well, Serbia plays at home, this is a significant factor that might work in their favour ofc. Hence I am seeing the Serbians as having a slight edge in advance, albeit a bit weaker on paper neutrally.

• As someone else said before, ECH QFs with set results 25:8 and 25:7 are simply embarassing :wall::wall::wall:

And this year, the final ranking simply will not represent the actual strength of the team. For example, Bulgaria, Croatia and Germany will be ranked 9th-11th, but Russia, France and Sweden are in top 8. Yes, I acknoledge that Sweden beat Bulgaria and France beat Croatia, but looking at the overall performances of those teams, I still think the ranking does not represent reality very well.

• Those teams u mentioned lose when they shouldn't so

And germany has been messy all year

• As someone else said before, ECH QFs with set results 25:8 and 25:7 are simply embarassing :wall::wall::wall:

And this year, the final ranking simply will not represent the actual strength of the team. For example, Bulgaria, Croatia and Germany will be ranked 9th-11th, but Russia, France and Sweden are in top 8. Yes, I acknoledge that Sweden beat Bulgaria and France beat Croatia, but looking at the overall performances of those teams, I still think the ranking does not represent reality very well.

Russia reached OG QF and did a really good tournament, they were one of the best European in the tournament, if not the best ones or playing the most enjoyable volleyball at least.. And that was last month.. I think they deserve their ranking

• And we shouldnt forget Russia was the only team which beat the current Olympic champion. And it was a clear 3x0 swept.

• I was just joking. Lol

Larson talked about after the games they were just not prepared to face Russia (which is ironic, cause they’ve played a lot this quad) there was nothing they could do to find their way out of the deficit

I was thinking you mean it as a jest but I don't want to assume so... Feel free to disregard my comment :lol:

But yes, I find it odd that USA would struggle that much in that match. I thought that it would be easier to block Russia since they play slower. Then again, it doesn't matter now. There's nothing like a gold medal to undo all that :cup:

Ranking is meant to represent results, not the perceived strength of a roster.

• Any link for Srb - Tur?

Semifinals are tomorrow, not today;)

• After S Korea loss, i didn't follow the aftermath, any replays, reports interviews etc. I did what i usually do, after a painful loss, i just tried to forget about it asap and cut myself off of any media, went under my blanket like the coward i am :)

I stumbled across this just today, when i asked where the ever absent before determination, consistency came from in this particular championship, this comes closer to my answer i suspect....

i have rarely seen this devastation and sadness after a loss. Kudos to the team for recovering from it and getting positives out of it.