EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• Martha Anthouli, the 17-year old and 204 cm tall hyped-up talent representing Greece, delievered a quite stunning, mindblowing performance against Austria from a statistical standpoint. Being the game's topscorer by quite a stretch, she scored 19 pts in attack in only three sets while hitting with 59% efficiency rate. Perhaps even more impressively, she managed to escape a single attacking error or fault albeit loading the artillery 32 times. Here is full stats from the game: https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=40611

According to a former Soviet NT legendary player, I don't remember her name atm, Anthouli is a genuine prospect, and it will be intriguing to follow her development in the upcoming years.

OK atm she is a little bit slow and her hits are not powerful.But she can hit over the block :lol:. I hope she can be healthy mentally, too.Its not so easy in that age to be a girl of 2 meters.Imagine the bulling...

• As we already know "EuroVolley 2021" drawing of lots will be held tomorrow on May 20, at 20:00(CET) in building of City Assembly of Belgrade ('Old palace') with live broadcasting on National television of Serbian channel 2 (RTS 2), cable channel Arenasport 1 and official CEV Facebook page. Maja Ognjenović will participate at the draw as the tournament ambasador.

• Pool A : Serbia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Belgium, France, Bosnia & Herzegovina

Pool B : Bulgaria, Poland, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Greece

Pool C : Croatia, Italy, Belarus, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland

Pool D : Romania, Turkey, Netherlands, Ukraine, Finland, Sweden

• Pool B looks the most balanced, there is no "big" team but also (maybe except for Spain) no really weak one. OTOH I think Pool C is by far the weakest, Italy probably won't lose any set and I guess Croatia won't have any trouble either except maybe against Belarus.

• Pool A seems the toughest! I don't understand how Azerbeidzjan could be chosen as the first team?:/

Pool B seems pretty balanced! I expect interesting matches^^

Pool C will be the least competitive. Italy will dominate this pool easily...

Pool D will be a battle between Turkey and the Netherlands. Hope Sweden will be able to pass the knockout phase!:saint:

• Pool A seems the toughest! I don't understand how Azerbeidzjan could be chosen as the first team?:/

Pool B seems pretty balanced! I expect interesting matches^^

Pool C will be the least competitive. Italy will dominate this pool easily...

Pool D will be a battle between Turkey and the Netherlands. Hope Sweden will be able to pass the knockout phase!:saint:

I didn't understand that entire "choosing opponent" thing to be honest :aww: But I guess AZE won't have a strong team this year...

• so sad to my iyaly have an wasy pool

It was the same in 2019 with exception of poland

• I like this draw for Sweden, it gives them a chance to make the knockout phase.

But the big question is does crovolley root for Italy or Croatia? :/:lol:

• imo

Pool A:Serbia,Rusia,Belgium and Aze/Fra (my heart day france,let see at golden league)

Pool B:Poland,Germany,Bulgaria and czechia (poor greek girls but can give a surprise)

Pool C:Italy,Croatia/Belarus, last one i don't see any fav,hope swiss girls make it

Pool D:Turkey,Netherlands,Romania and ?

• Jules

Pool B: I think Grecee is able to beat Czech Republic

Pool D: I'm not sure if Romania will qualify. Ukraine, Sweden and Finland are on similar level.

• Jules

Pool B: I think Grecee is able to beat Czech Republic

Pool D: I'm not sure if Romania will qualify. Ukraine, Sweden and Finland are on similar level.

If carutasu play as it's rumored yes imo they can qualify and+ they are host

Yes I think greece can beat them but I saw them.in bettee shape,not impossible but leger fav

• I like this draw for Sweden, it gives them a chance to make the knockout phase.

But the big question is does crovolley root for Italy or Croatia? :/:lol:

Always Croatia but right behind Italy :heart: