2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• yes I am, and now that you mention it I do recall watching Japan Rio matches via some online stream with that announcer dude and his drunken "Saaaooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiii" drools. I had to hide in my room as I was in a Chinese household and watching Japan was not cool

NBC hasn't released a schedule, but I would be shocked if they weren't streamed in some sort.

• yes I am, and now that you mention it I do recall watching Japan Rio matches via some online stream with that announcer dude and his drunken "Saaaooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiii" drools. I had to hide in my room as I was in a Chinese household and watching Japan was not cool

Kev and Sunderland can't broadcast for 240 hours straight their voices will be shot.

• The Chinese women’s volleyball team arrived in Tokyo yesterday ahead of a test match with the Japanese national team on Saturday, 1st May. A small step for international volleyball, and hopefully, a giant step towards the success of Tokyo 2020.

Some news, photos and short clips can be found @China NT 2021 thread...

(Photo source : Olympic.org)

• Apparently Brazilian players will surely get vaccinated before the games.

• I'm not sure if I agree with this, but who am I? :gone:

• Isn't every single American eligible now? I'm sure they will be vaccinated very soon. If Brazilians get in the line based on their ages, the vball players would probably get vaccinated at the end of the year or in the beginning of 2022.

• Isn't every single American eligible now? I'm sure they will be vaccinated very soon. If Brazilians get in the line based on their ages, the vball players would probably get vaccinated at the end of the year or in the beginning of 2022.

im not 100% sure, it varies by state. But im pretty certain California (where the training camp is) is open to everyone 16+. I saw Lowe getting hers on IG.

• im not 100% sure, it varies by state. But im pretty certain California (where the training camp is) is open to everyone 16+. I saw Lowe getting hers on IG.

They should be fine then. But I would rush because there is a gap between the dosages depending on which vaccine they will get and VNL starts in one month.

Beginning of 2022 is good if you compare it to Turkey. We were told in May that it is going to be widely distributed and it was changed to June and later to July, now to October lol

• Japan faces longer state of emergency, casting doubt on Olympics

The Japanese government is considering extending a coronavirus spurred state of emergency in Tokyo and other major urban areas, a move that could cast doubt on the planned Summer Olympics.

Officials were leaning toward an extension of the measures in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo prefectures beyond May 11 as the country battles a surge in COVID-19 cases, the Yomiuri Newspaper said on Wednesday.

Full article: https://www.reuters.com/world/…oubt-olympics-2021-05-05/

In some of the hospitals with more patients, signboards with the text "Please, hace mercy" have been hung in order to beg the government to cancel the Olympics.

• I won't be really surprised if at the end the event is aborted altogether eventually, though will definitely regret about it.

There are credible polls in domestic Japan that majority people questioned in that poll prefer to cancel the Olympic event, compared to earlier polls, there are more who support cancellation than have it going on.

But political elites are facing dilemma, more than the sinking cost, the first thing is the face, thus if they gonna take this direction, they will need stronger explanations.

I hope that I what read is completely wrong. But time will soon divulge. Btw, the president of IOC will visit Japan some time later this May and will have some meeting with the PM in Tokyo to discuss the OG thing. Let's see.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• At this rate, the Olympics isn’t happening.

They will never want to lose face, lol. These are politicians we are talking about.

I believe it's happening no matter what.

• Yeah I think in the worst case scenario, they're just gonna hold it without audience as reported. They're not willing to postpone it no matter what.