2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• The culture of the Philippines is closer to the other cultures of Southeast Asia than anything in Latin America.

we are like different from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Like the Black Sheep of SEA. LMFAO

• It was a post-game interview, actually

He praised Startseva, Koroleva, Arina and Malova...

He started with Goncharova and Voronkova.

• Can i see that article?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zr-VWxk1M

Here's the interview my colleagues mentioned. ZRG is extremely lucid and aware of the challenge Brazil faces versus Russia IMO. He mentioned every Russian starter and particularly praised Voronkova and Zaryazhko, saying the OH is splendorous, in the best shape of her career, and the MB is a good blocker, has high reach and has been serving well. He said Goncharova got better in comparison with how she was in the VNL and that Startseva is distributing the game well, even setting to the MB's at times. He mentioned Russia's great comeback in the 4th set against China, reminding how important was Smirnova's sequence of serves. He also said Fedorovtseva brings great quality to the Russian team, both in attack and reception and he praised Malova too. Eventually he said Brazil's been improving, but it needs to serve well and be very careful blockwise because of Russia's aggressive pin spikes and, after all, cause it's a quarterfinals match. (In the middle of the interview he joked with the reporter, who helped him pronouncing a couple of the Russian girls' names... :D)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zr-VWxk1M

Here's the interview my colleagues mentioned. ZRG is extremely lucid and aware of the challenge Brazil faces versus Russia IMO. He mentioned every Russian starter and particularly praised Voronkova and Zaryazhko, saying the OH is splendorous, in the best shape of her career, and the MB is a good blocker, has high reach and has been serving well. He said Goncharova got better in comparison with how she was in the VNL and that Startseva is distributing the game well, even setting to the MB's at times. He mentioned Russia's great comeback in the 4th set against China, reminding how important was Smirnova's sequence of serves. He also said Fedorovtseva brings great quality to the Russian team, both in attack and reception and he praised Malova too. Eventually he said Brazil's been improving, but it needs to serve well and be very careful blockwise because of Russia's aggressive pin spikes and, after all, cause it's a quarterfinals match. (In the middle of the interview he joked with the reporter, who helped him pronouncing a couple of the Russian girls' names... :D)

I loved how he said "what's the middle's name? She likes to change it" lol

Zé is so sweet :love:

• Before the Olympics, there was a firm consensus on who will be the MVP: Zhu, Egonu or Boskovic. None of them was showing an MVP performance. Who do you think will be the MVP now?

Mostly MVP is chosen from the gold medalist team. So I guess it would be either of these 8:

Boskovic

Egonu

Goncharova

Eda

Garay

KYK

De la Cruz?

Larson?

• you forgot MBH there, usually if USA get into final, MBH will be a new monster.

• Garay for me 😊

• in mens volleyball everyone from pool B has been raking a spot in semi...

:sos::sos:

• Zhu, Egonu or Boskovic. None of them was showing an MVP performance.

Boskovic is definitely playing like Mvp. She is by far the best player of the tournament so far but her teammates...:gone:

• I love DLC but she’s been far from DOM’s MVP so far. I’d say both Martinez sisters and Castillo have been clearly better. As MVP is unlikely to be awarded to an MB or L, I’d guess Brayelin is the most likely option. I’d love to see DOM winning gold to be honest, or any medal for that matter. It’s surely not going to happen but at these Olympics you never know.

• serdar Please have a look at the rank today. It looks like it has been updated overnight.

Kenya lost additional 1 point :D Now, they are on 32nd place, with 121 points.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Turkey had 331 points yesterday. If I am not mistaken also Korea lost some points overnight. Maybe they did some recalculations?

• I love DLC but she’s been far from DOM’s MVP so far. I’d say both Martinez sisters and Castillo have been clearly better. As MVP is unlikely to be awarded to an MB or L, I’d guess Brayelin is the most likely option. I’d love to see DOM winning gold to be honest, or any medal for that matter. It’s surely not going to happen but at these Olympics you never know.

RIVERA deserves so much she has been with DR NT since forever :love:

• Boskovic is definitely playing like Mvp. She is by far the best player of the tournament so far but her teammates...:gone:

I agree, Boskovic is dragging Serbia to SF, she's the only reliable player for Serbia NT.

IMO Gabi and Voronkova deserve MVP as well.

I feel that brazilian setters trust Gabi the most during difficult moments. She's confident in her craft and takes the most responsibility.