2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• current mood😭😭😭😭😭

Also wanna add that Naz sucks and probably can't wait to get back to her baby and husband ;( she played horrible when she came in the tiebreak as per usual

• We have seen some surprises in this tournament, both Men and Women.

Men: USA were eliminated in group match. Legend Italy and WCH champion Poland both were eliminated in 1/4 yesterday.

Women: Rio champion China were eliminated in group match. No.4 seed Turkey were beaten by No.14 Korea.

Let's see if there are more surprises coming.

• Lavarini is truly making miracles this Olympics, wish he could continue with the Korean team

Think he'll be highly sought out by many countries after his stint with Korea ends after this Olympics

Maybe the Italian federation opens the vault for him to replace Mazzanti who is leaving after the games.

• I adore the Korean team and feel overjoyed. But this outcome is crazy and unexpected. (Especially after this morning's results, with Argentina and France, I'm feeling such a wreck that I even forgot about this match until the 3rd set. I'm exausted.)

Heartbreaking to see the Turkish girls after the match. Turkey is a great, great team. Maybe they just needed a tiny bit more Olympics experience. But a painful defeat like this forges character. They'll be a lot stronger next. Time to lick the wounds.

• Lavarini is truly making miracles this Olympics, wish he could continue with the Korean team

Think he'll be highly sought out by many countries after his stint with Korea ends after this Olympics

I bet he can also cast a spell and fix Zhu's wrist lol

• Please continue supporting Turkey volleyball. They are a great group of young girls.

While this is not the ideal scenario for them, this will help them fuel a fire in their hearts.

When a group this talented does not match expectations, surely there is something wrong with the coaching.

This is a special generation of girls. so continue your support.

• First of all. Congrats to South Korea, I really dont have words to express what KYK means to vball. Unbelievable! Unbelievable! Lavarini is magician, really, more than that. What a way to play with heart and passion till the end. South Korea was paying 9.00 before the match started!

As I said it before, it could never ever be sweet to see a team going out in QFs, despite of the differences between users here. I would have been sad for KYK as Im feeling bad for Eda and Naz now.

The key of this match is easy to read: Turkey had to fight against two here: themselves and KYK. And unfortunately, they couldnt overcome their own concers and doubts :(

Feel sorry for all Turkish users here. Hug for you all, I do know what does it mean to see your team losing a golden chance. But we have seen many times how this kind of defeats have been the starting point of great success. It happened with Brazil after Athens 2004 heartbreaking loss, USA taking the gold in Italt 2014, or USA grabbing the gold in Beijing 2008 after a horrible Sydney 2000 performance.

• Going back to reality. This country will never achieve anything in anything, done with volleyball for a while. There is always something wrong when it comes to Turkey. Back to being the trashcan of Europe.

Cal the f### down. This is just a sport not the reflection of Turkey in general.

And Turkey is technically part of Asia.

• And this wasn't even Korea's full strength going into the Olympics, only had VNLs to match their coordination (you can really see Lavarini's magic through the process)

Add in a bit of luck with DOM making the most mistakes ever in their match against KOR, Japan choking in set 5, and idk what the Turkey coach was thinking this match lol

of course credit due to Korean team for overcoming everything, playing at least more consistently than the above teams, and KYK & Jeongah coming in clutch when needed

• What if Korea is the dark horse like the usual trend from the last 2 Olympics and they will get gold this time. Everything is possible especially in this Olympics