2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• She’s amazing.. one of the best liberos of all time. However I don’t think she’ll work well in another team. She’s used to taking every easy serve, every free ball, you can even see she’s taking away so many second balls from Marte.. although excellent I feel like she’s stepping on other players’ responsibilities

Interesting point of view, can't say you're wrong tbh

• I'm curious though, how does the Korean serves stand in comparison to other countries/leagues?

I know they're very good at floater & accurate serves, but I figured Turkey/European leagues which is top-tier will have more difficult serves that players from other countries will be used to

Or perhaps they're more used to spike serves? So float serves throw them off?

• wtf, Turkey lost? I am glad I didn't bet my money during this OG like everytime I wake up I am surprised. Congratulations to Korea!

If you are into bets, I suggest you to bet a bit on Serbia against Italy. The current world champions are paying 2.25 :what: For me, it is really a surprise (good one). Maybe betsson admins havent seen the last matches ^^ I bet 200 bucks.

• If Castillo just let the other players do their stuff, they won't score even double digits :P

• I'm curious though, how does the Korean serves stand in comparison to other countries/leagues?

I know they're very good at floater & accurate serves, but I figured Turkey/European leagues which is top-tier will have more difficult serves that players from other countries will be used to

Or perhaps they're more used to spike serves? So float serves throw them off?

The Koreans served well the entire tournament, so they're definitely good. Turkey is generally good as well, but struggled this tournament with their serves a bit, when you think like that it's an understandable result. I'd say both teams are serve dependant generally tbh, every time Turkey does great in a tournament they are serving their opponents off court. Today they got a piece of that from Korea. I think other than that there's not more to it. Korea served with excellence, Turkey below their average. Idk how it really compares with European serves but they generally float in Turkish league as well tbh.

• If you are into bets, I suggest you to bet a bit on Serbia against Italy. The current world champions are paying 2.25 :what: For me, it is really a surprise (good one). Maybe betsson admins havent seen the last matches ^^ I bet 200 bucks.

You bet 200 bucks for Serbia's win? I think Italy will make it tho :win: I am so excited for this match.

• You bet 200 bucks for Serbia's win? I think Italy will make it tho :win: I am so excited for this match.

Serbia is paying 2.25, while Italy 1.75. So for the betting sites, Italy is the favourite. Why? I do really think they havent been following the last matches. As well as the h2h in the last matches is in favour for Serbia.

I thought it was only betsson, but now, almost all the other sites have similar odds.

• The Koreans served well the entire tournament, so they're definitely good. Turkey is generally good as well, but struggled this tournament with their serves a bit, when you think like that it's an understandable result. I'd say both teams are serve dependant generally tbh, every time Turkey does great in a tournament they are serving their opponents off court. Today they got a piece of that from Korea. I think other than that there's not more to it. Korea served with excellence, Turkey below their average. Idk how it really compares with European serves but they generally float in Turkish league as well tbh.

What about outside of this tournament? How would you rate their serves compared to top-tier European clubs/leagues?

Just curious how their serves stand on an international level

I've always knew they were good with the accuracy and unpredictable fast floater serves, it has always shaken up other countries on international stages

But its still surprising how much trouble it gives top players from each country.

• USA is like an oiled machine tbh. This is their chance for gold if you ask me #nojinxintended

yup, and a solid enough bench that no matter how much Karch plays around with their subs/starters, they'll still pull it off just fine

(or perhaps to give him some credit, is that they've practiced with different combinations)