2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• What about outside of this tournament? How would you rate their serves compared to top-tier European clubs/leagues?

Just curious how their serves stand on an international level

I've always knew they were good with the accuracy and unpredictable fast floater serves, it has always shaken up other countries on international stages

But its still surprising how much trouble it gives top players from each country.

Personally I think Korea has always been a top serving team, so they're definitely up there. I mean even at their worst day we can remember players like Hyojin, Heejin, KimYK serving very well and also having a unique approach generally

• Congrats USA! Dominican Republic didnt play even the 25% of what they played against Brazil, but the north americans didnt give them any single chance to breathe. The Caribbean team wasnt a challenge at all, but despite of that, it was good to see US trademark game again, after two horrible matches against Russia and Italy.

For Dominican Republic, it was always a high mountain to climb, from the beginning. Pity to see Rivera crying, as well as Annerys Vargas. The two only players here who have been playing since Athens 2004 (Vargas since WCH 1998).

• Four straight times into the semifinals

I’m ready to be hurt again

I feel like this is their time. In 2012 they were so prepared, everything was working, they had it all figured out, and they lost. They were expected to win gold in the World Cup, World Championship… Now before the Olympics started they weren’t one of the main contenders for gold, or even a medal.. We all saw how things turned out in pool B, add to that JT and Poulters injury… so I really do believe now it’s gonna be their time

• Good luck to my Italy. Until yesterday I had feeling this is the goodbye from Olympics. Yes I still think Italy has one of the best teams here but things still didn’t click in right place.

But today I have good feeling. I’m at work so I will not watch match in full :/.

Egonu and De Gennaro this is for you guys :rose::heart:

• That was probably her last game ;( such a great player, a fighter who never gave up despite dramatic experiences in her life and still performed on high level in recent years. LEGEND

Love her swag earlier. It's really sad to see players crying after losing an important match. Even if they are not from the team you are rooting for.

• That was probably her last game ;( such a great player, a fighter who never gave up despite dramatic experiences in her life and still performed on high level in recent years. LEGEND

Such is the fate of team sports on international stages like this

It's not just KYK in Korea, but other countries as well with each of their gems (not gonna list them all out haha, maybe someone else can)

• Do We know who is gone play against who at semi finals or they are gone have drawing again ?!

• Do We know who is gone play against who at semi finals ?!

winner of match 1 vs winner of match 4

winner of match 2 vs winner of match 3

I think that's what I saw earlier

• LOL :lol:

Activating Hex Powers

• hopefully Roberta is peaking at the right time, so is Tandara and Gabi. Not wishing that for Natalia the because I’m pro-Roberta. She and Bia can sit on the bench 🤣

• A bit late (I was crying in turkish since 4 am), I also wanted to share some toughts about the Turkey x Korea match.

In both cases a legend would have to be disappointed, so not really a matter of who, just how. I am really happy for Kim and SK, KYK really deserves a medal/prize or anything and is a true leader, from hair to toe. Great job by Park Jeong-Ah, another scorer was needed next to KYK and she found herself in the right moment. Lavarini did a really nice job with subs and he is truly a top coach.

My heart is broken for Eda and Turkey, I think they really deserved to take a shot at medals, they just fell short. Their biggest enemy has always been themselves, today maybe they were too much under pressure (I saw many faces on the verge of crying maybe of anxiety even before the end of the match). Also definitely questionable choices by Guidetti, Tugba was to be tried righ away, not Seyma. And even if he wanted to put Seyma for reception, there was no point in keeping her on court the next set. Also, Meryem did a nice job but he could have tried Ebrar more for a bit of energy (maybe she still isn't okay? She wasn't feeling good since the match against Italy said Guidetti).

I hope they manage to rise from their ashes like phoenixes and achieve even more, they definitely showed that they can (maybe with a bit of fresh blood coming in...)

I didn't watch Dom x Usa, I was so sleepy, but congrats USA, I don't think there was any doubt but they got the job done well.