• Baby Foluke. :heart: In the article she talked about how after she gave birth she found out she had diastasis (separation of the abdominal muscles) and her mentality to come back better.

• Stumbled upon this video of one of USA's promising wing spikers, Yossiana Pressley. I don't watch much NCAA, but I've read some posts that her reception and back row defense needs a lot of work in order to become a well rounded OH. Her serve could also use some improvements, but definitely someone to look out for. :box:

• Stumbled upon this video of one of USA's promising wing spikers, Yossiana Pressley. I don't watch much NCAA, but I've read some posts that her reception and back row defense needs a lot of work in order to become a well rounded OH. Her serve could also use some improvements, but definitely someone to look out for. :box:

Yoss is a brilliant attacker and an elite (for the NCAA) blocker. However, her defense is subpar. She is not a good passer. And her serve is terrible (she stands like 10-15 feet behind the baseline)

She definitely has the potential but to be an all around OH for the National Team is going to be a lot of work

• Yoss is a brilliant attacker and an elite (for the NCAA) blocker. However, her defense is subpar. She is not a good passer. And her serve is terrible (she stands like 10-15 feet behind the baseline)

She definitely has the potential but to be an all around OH for the National Team is going to be a lot of work

I completely agree! She reminds me a lot of Lee. They both are such a high jumpers and powerfull attackers, but aren't good receivers. Pressley would be perfect for the Japanese league, where she canbe covered in serve receive and she can focus on attack. If she wants to be usefull for USA NT, she should develop a lot in serve receive.

• I completely agree! She reminds me a lot of Lee. They both are such a high jumpers and powerfull attackers, but aren't good receivers. Pressley would be perfect for the Japanese league, where she canbe covered in serve receive and she can focus on attack. If she wants to be usefull for USA NT, she should develop a lot in serve receive.

Pressley is even better than Lee imo. Pressley would do insane things in Japan with that jump of hers.

I wish Lee would've stayed in Germany. I think that would've helped her development a lot.

• Pressley is even better than Lee imo. Pressley would do insane things in Japan with that jump of hers.

I wish Lee would've stayed in Germany. I think that would've helped her development a lot.

Nope, she'll be back in japan. I think same team. Though her team allows her to pass last season but not the whole season. Later part of the season she wasn't receiving the ball because let's be honest local players in japan are better receiver than her. So, why will the coach let her pass the ball if someone is better than passing and she will just focus on attacks.

And that might happen to plummer. If she is targeting OH position in NT. Japan isn't good match. But if kiraly asked Thompson play OH then naybe plummer can be a good backup to drews

• Any news about those still in Anaheim and why they are still in Anaheim when others are already leaving for their pro seasons?

if their still in anaheim it's because the country they're going to haven't allowed them in yet. Most of the athletes in Italy have left/arrived this past week. I think the majority of the ones still stateside are Japan/China.

• Nope, she'll be back in japan. I think same team. Though her team allows her to pass last season but not the whole season. Later part of the season she wasn't receiving the ball because let's be honest local players in japan are better receiver than her. So, why will the coach let her pass the ball if someone is better than passing and she will just focus on attacks.

And that might happen to plummer. If she is targeting OH position in NT. Japan isn't good match. But if kiraly asked Thompson play OH then naybe plummer can be a good backup to drews

Saw a clip of Plummer playing for Denso's first match against Hisamitsu and the girl couldn't keep up. The pace is a lot faster than what she's used to, I guess. And as someone pointed out in the V.League thread, she was struggling to jump. Denso better do more rounds with her to let her get used to their style.

• i watched a little of minas games last and this week. cuttino is really skinny now (not that she was fat), but what’s so impressive is how fast she gets to the ball and then smashes it. i think the competition for the OPP spots for tokyo got much more interesting... and also with thompson playing as OH ... it’s going to get crowded there too.