COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• tbh there also many people who are staying at home.

so far there are arrested 96 people because they opened their stores (especially hair/ nail salons 💅)

Some parts of the cities are almost empty

1608840_thessaloniki_adeia_koronaios_-5-_1.jpg

• In the Netherlands they are basically not testing people anymore. I have a friend with serious symptoms aside being ignored.

The major reason for this is probably that there aren't enough tests in the world right now available. :( the numbers are way higher worldwide more than we know

• In the Netherlands they are basically not testing people anymore. I have a friend with serious symptoms aside being ignored.

The major reason for this is probably that there aren't enough tests in the world right now available. :( the numbers are way higher worldwide moee than we know

Isn't there an emergency number or something like that for people that have suspicious symptoms or travel history to call and be told what to do?Or are you guys being advised to just self quarantine if you exhibit symptoms?

Somewhat irrelevant,but in Greece people at 9pm all applauded for the doctors,nurses and hospital staff from their balconies-it was something really emotional to watch.I know it has already happened in China/Italy/Spain,but seeing it with your very own eyes was different.At least not all Greeks are ignoring the safety orders....

• In Serbia, the decision of the representative of the executive branch to introduce a state of emergency (closing schools, kindergartens, all meeting places) has just come into force, with all other accompanying measures except for complete restriction of movement, with everything being known in more detail tomorrow or tomorrow after a government session.

Of course, all sports events, even training sessions are suspended and banned.

classes will be taught where possible online.

• Isn't there an emergency number or something like that for people that have suspicious symptoms or travel history to call and be told what to do?Or are you guys being advised to just self quarantine if you exhibit symptoms?

Somewhat irrelevant,but in Greece people at 9pm all applauded for the doctors,nurses and hospital staff from their balconies-it was something really emotional to watch.I know it has already happened in China/Italy/Spain,but seeing it with your very own eyes was different.At least not all Greeks are ignoring the safety orders....

There is lines but many cases that are not severe are being ignored. Actually this happens everywhere, Netherlands press is just free enough so the people know it. The reason is simply because there is a shortage of tests worldwide atm compared to the Coronavirus cases.

I send Greece and the whole world a lot of love, we all closed borders but are also working together as 1 as never before. Many people ignored us (who were raising awareness) for weeks and now Biologists are finally openly speaking of 'the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu in 1918' which let's remind ourselves killed 50-100 million people. It doesn't have to mean it will happen again, but why are we taking a guess, there is also sadly enough people that don't care and see this simply as a matter of natural selection :O

• Since elementary schools are likely to close by the end of the school year (mid-June), classes will be televised (across multiple channel RTS, a national broadcaster).

*edit:

The borders are closed and no one except diplomats and Serbian nationals will be able to enter.

The major reason for this is probably that there aren't enough tests in the world right now available. :( the numbers are way higher worldwide more than we know

Maybe not, Sweden is only testing people with serious symptoms too. They don't think the infected numbers matter anymore.

• There is lines but many cases that are not severe are being ignored. Actually this happens everywhere, Netherlands press is just free enough so the people know it. The reason is simply because there is a shortage of tests worldwide atm compared to the Coronavirus cases.

I send Greece and the whole world a lot of love, we all closed borders but are also working together as 1 as never before. Many people ignored us (who were raising awareness) for weeks and now Biologists are finally openly speaking of 'the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu in 1918' which let's remind ourselves killed 50-100 million people. It doesn't have to mean it will happen again, but why are we taking a guess, there is also sadly enough people that don't care and see this simply as a matter of natural selection :O

Yeah indeed that's the situation everywhere...Not only a shortage of tests,but also labs,personell etc...There are cases in which if you are not considered a suspicious enough patient,you have to pay 300+ euros to get tested in a private lab (and even that is not always possible).

At least now many people have come together.I'm in a facebook group and people were volunteering to go shopping for groceries for their elderly/sick neighbors,for example.There is hope.We may have to physically distance ourselves from one another,but it is evident that,mentally,all of us are in this together.

I'm hoping every single one of you is healthy and safe and stays that way <3.And that,soon enough,we finally can hear some good news...

• I must say I am pleasently surprised by the vigilance of my country's leaders. State of emergency even though no casualty yet.

368 dead in Italy in a single day...I can only imagine the terror people are feeling there right now.

• The biggest problem in Italy and why they have so many death reports because Corona has the entered in to hospitel and affected a lot of already sick people, and that number will not stop because this people are to hard to be cured :(

• Well closing beaches and following policies blindly can be dangerous too.

I’m on vacation in Gran Canaria since last Monday when things weren’t that bad at the beginning. All of a sudden yesterday Spanish government shut down everything and announced, from Sunday, everything will be closed except food stores and pharmacies. Now we are many tourists here from Sweden, Germany and UK, waiting for our flights. Problem is, some people including us still came to beach, because staying at hotel with 200-300 other people by the pool, drinking alcohol from same tap, sitting closer than 2 meters is a lot more dangerous than sitting in open air at the beach, where you can keep 2-3 meters gap with others.

what happens is, police and Red Cross constantly terrorises people on the bitch, driving their car on them to force them to leave and encourage them to go back to their hotels. Is it really that smart to pack so many people in their hotels, knowing that in a day or two all of them will go to airport? I think transmission rates will go rocket high here...

I don’t want to hurt your feelings but you shouldn’t have gone to that vacation. I personally had to cancel my vacation which I should have been just returned from and another one in May. Of course they are going to try to stop people from gathering or going to beaches. People went on with their lives as if nothing happened and situation became worse as we all see, you are one of those people now. You cannot cry about it.

again, I do not want to hurt your feelings but this is the truth.

• I don’t want to hurt your feelings but you shouldn’t have gone to that vacation. I personally had to cancel my vacation which I should have been just returned from and another one in May. Of course they are going to try to stop people from gathering or going to beaches. People went on with their lives as if nothing happened and situation became worse as we all see, you are one of those people now. You cannot cry about it.

again, I do not want to hurt your feelings but this is the truth.

You can't blame people with this. Situation in Spain escalated extremely fast. When someone makes a 2 weeks trip for holidays, the situation at day-1 till day 14 could be extremely different. A lot of friends of mine also went to Spain for holidays 2 weeks ago and they have been stuck there since things got out of hand unexpectedly fast there. It wasn't something to be foreseen 2 weeks ago

• https://www.washingtonpost.com…0/world/corona-simulator/

Really good scientific work. Early radical quarantine might be the best option. Less people should move around. Bars, clubs are closed in Turkey. I hope cafes, dinings, mosques will be closed asap.

This medium post is pretty convincing: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo…ple-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

The guy takes flack because he has no credentials, but he's a clear writer with data. Nice graphs, too

• i'm not knowledgeable about everything about this, but i read in the NYT some short reports on how different countries were dealing with it. south korea apparently handled it really well, without restricting travel and they're now testing 10,000 people a day!!!! https://www.nytimes.com/intera…aps-italy-iran-korea.html

it seems taiwan, canada, australia and germany are also well prepared.

iran is a mess, but so is the US -- with the incompetent monkeys running things from the white house... it's pathetic. they chose the worst, most stupid, incompetent and ignorant people to be in charge... starting with the dump.