Brazil NT 2021

• Did Brazil call up a wide roster for training?

(I saw Bergmann is just chilling in NYC, get in the gym :lol::lol::lol:)

Yes, the list has been out there for over a month. Julia has not been called for practice :lol:

• Is it possible for BRA to try a 4-2 position? 2 setters on court? Roberta and Macris at the same time and Roberta has to attack?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO…m_source=ig_web_copy_link

• i doubt so

Roberta isn't good attacker,also brszil already have good opp

• i doubt so

Roberta isn't good attacker,also brszil already have good opp

And besides Roberta... Macris should be either be a great attacker.

I think that this system only works in a professional team that has great hitters on position 4.

• VNL roster:

https://www.volleyball.world/e…ms/bra-brazil/team_roster

Setters: Roberta, Macris and Dani Lins;

MB: Carol Gattaz, Ana Carolina, Mayany, Ana Beatriz (Bia) and Adenizia

OH: Ana Cristina, Fernanda Garay, Natalia and Gabi;

OP: Sheila, Tandara, Rosamaria and Lorenne;

Libero: Brait and Nyeme

No surprises here. The younger ones (Karina, Lorena and Diana) aren't in the list. I'm still pissed cause Karina could go instead of Sheila. Bringing only 4 OH is really dangerous and there's no need for 4 OP...

• I think Rosamaria will play as OH and has a shot at the Olympics because of that. She will probably go instead of Ana Cristina, although I hope not.

• I think Rosamaria will play as OH and has a shot at the Olympics because of that. She will probably go instead of Ana Cristina, although I hope not.

I don't know. If Ana Cristina goes well in the VNL, there's no way putting Rosamaria as an OH... I think the list for the Olympics is almost decided; still have to cut 1 setter, 2 OP and 2 MB ( also have the libero cut, but I don't see Nyeme going to Tokio instead of Brait)

• I don't know. If Ana Cristina goes well in the VNL, there's no way putting Rosamaria as an OH... I think the list for the Olympics is almost decided; still have to cut 1 setter, 2 OP and 2 MB ( also have the libero cut, but I don't see Nyeme going to Tokio instead of Brait)

I don't think he would call only 4 OHs there are already certain to the Olympics. Let's see, but I'm thinking Rosamaria will be tested in both positions. And yes, Nyeme is not going to Tokyo, I believe Brait could even flop at the VNL that she will still make the cut this time.

• I don't think he would call only 4 OHs there are already certain to the Olympics. Let's see, but I'm thinking Rosamaria will be tested in both positions. And yes, Nyeme is not going to Tokyo, I believe Brait could even flop at the VNL that she will still make the cut this time.

I think if Rosa shows versatility playing in both positions, maybe she will be the 2nd OPP/5th OH, but not going in Ana Cristina's spot...

• I personally wanna see Ana Cristina but we all know Zé. Perhaps she will eventually go to Tokyo so that Zé can make her give up on the French citizenship thing.

• With the absence of Natalia in the first weeks, I think Ana Cristina may gain more time on court, she probably wouldn't do if Natalia could play. Even with Rosa playing as OH, I think she will be needed, because Gabi and Garay can't start the entire competition, it's not needed and is a risky. Still thinking that at least Karina should have go to VNL.

• With the absence of Natalia in the first weeks, I think Ana Cristina may gain more time on court, she probably wouldn't do if Natalia could play. Even with Rosa playing as OH, I think she will be needed, because Gabi and Garay can't start the entire competition, it's not needed and is a risky. Still thinking that at least Karina should have go to VNL.

Karina should have gone to VNL.

Sheilla doest make sense in NT anymore. She didnt try to do her best in this past two years after her break.

• Brazilian players are getting the 1st dose of the vaccine (I'm not sure which one) today. COI is providing the vaccines for the entire Brazilian Olympics team. Considering that they will travel to Italy in about 6-7 days, they will probably get the 2nd dose when they come back from VNL. I think the 1st dose should have been given at least two weeks ago, but this is better than nothing.

• Brazilian players are getting the 1st dose of the vaccine (I'm not sure which one) today. COI is providing the vaccines for the entire Brazilian Olympics team. Considering that they will travel to Italy in about 6-7 days, they will probably get the 2nd dose when they come back from VNL. I think the 1st dose should have been given at least two weeks ago, but this is better than nothing.

it is a bit tricky situation. I’ve just read today that delay between doses may boost immune response but I’ve also read if you get covid between doses, it affects you real bad. I am sure and hope they have contemplated all those odds.

• If only Drussyla hadn't gone off the rails these last few years...

Agree, she was there for the most part of the cycle and Zé seems to like her. If things didn't turn out so badly, she would be a strong contender for Olympic roster, and in a moment like this, she could be an option in order to not force Garay and Gabi to play this tough schedule of VNL.

I still wondering what happened to her, Sesc Rio has never explained her real situation, how she gets to the critical state of last season. I have never seen them speak transparently about the treatments and severity of the injuries.