Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• I didn't explain well. Half of the teams have infected players. I just meant they should stop the league and resume it when all the teams will have their full roster available. The hope it that with more important restrictions (that are coming), the situation will improve in a few weeks.

This could go 2 ways: improvements on the whole country and the league keeps going on or new lockdown; Italy can't stay for sure inside this limbo any longer.

Playing 3 matches out 7 on each round sounds pointless to me.

• Yeah but nobody knows how the situation will develop, so I understand the "let's play as long as it's possible" approach. Sure, the schedule will become more and more chaotic, but the same will happen when the whole league pauses for some weeks.

• Yeah but nobody knows how the situation will develop, so I understand the "let's play as long as it's possible" approach. Sure, the schedule will become more and more chaotic, but the same will happen when the whole league pauses for some weeks.

If it doesn't improve, there will be more and more restrictions.

On the other hand, if they keep playing, there will be teams with more game to play because they were unlucky and their players were infected earlier the ones from other teams.

It's just a mess.

• There is no excuse for keeping any league this year. Everything should just stop now.

honestly we should all be grateful that they even attempted to have a league this year. We can’t be surprised that teams are getting corona while playing sports/ socializing in the middle of a pandemic. :whistle::whistle:

• honestly we should all be grateful that they even attempted to have a league this year. We can’t be surprised that teams are getting corona while playing sports/ socializing in the middle of a pandemic. :whistle::whistle:

Yes, being grateful for the leagues makes us very empathic with the world by agreeing on spreading the virus everywhere lol

• Yes, being grateful for the leagues makes us very empathic with the world by agreeing on spreading the virus everywhere lol

I don’t understand.. All I’m saying is it shouldn’t come as a shock when matches are postponed or inevitably canceled.

• I don’t understand.. All I’m saying is it shouldn’t come as a shock when matches are postponed or inevitably canceled.

I'm not shocked...I don't think anyone is.

• Can't wait for Folie come back and first match for Kim Hill in Conegliano this year. I hope She is gone play against Perugia in 2days:heart:

• Yes, being grateful for the leagues makes us very empathic with the world by agreeing on spreading the virus everywhere lol

You can't prove a volleyball match leads to super-spreading.

I'm sick of movies and tv series I've watched like a million times already. Football is becoming stale and gaming is not worth it until Miles Morales launches.

What are you going to do with your free time? Entertainment is getting boring and boring without newer things. Volleyball is one of the things I love that I can't get sicked of.

A few cases here and there shouldn't scare us to cancelling everything. Entertainment is non- essential to survive but it is helps us to keep the fans who are bored to death from going some elsewhere they aren't safe.

Just think of athletes as soldiers fighting a war. I'm glad they are doing this for us to just to keep myself from making stupid decisions.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• There is no excuse for keeping any league this year. Everything should just stop now.

You should stop watching and following and posting comments if you don't care at all.

I mean, turkish vakifbank got there players tested positive and now they are back. Why not look for brighter side which they still have a chance to play and even train and getting stronger while in quarantine.

• 5 italian regions - Piemonte (Novara, Cuneo, Chieri), Lombardia (Monza, Busto Arsizio, Brescia, Casalmaggiore), Campania, Basilicata and Calabria - may close their borders in the next days: it means no one in and no one out from these places. According to the last news, Campiania and Lombardia may be the first ones living a new lockdown, because the situation there is already out of control. After sunday we'll know more.

• A few cases here and there shouldn't scare us to cancelling everything. Entertainment is non- essential to survive but it is helps us to keep the fans who are bored to death from going some elsewhere they aren't safe.

Just think of athletes as soldiers fighting a war. I'm glad they are doing this for us to just to keep myself from making stupid decisions.

I know it's hard. Believe me, it's hard for everyone. But I guess people should look for therapy to help to go through this, and not for types of entertainment that risk people's lives. Is it okay for players to risk their health for people to get entertained? I am sorry to jump in on this, but I think people should stop making stupid decisions by themselves, and not risk others' health to do what's right.

• A few cases here and there shouldn't scare us to cancelling everything. Entertainment is non- essential to survive but it is helps us to keep the fans who are bored to death from going some elsewhere they aren't safe.

Maybe not cancel it, but these clusters of cases should make clubs and the entire league more aware that safety protocols need to be tighter in order for the league to continue smoothly and safely as possible, maybe even adopt a bubble idea. Players might not like it because they can't go out as often as they'd like to, but it's just going to be an on and off season if they don't. If they don't mind the postponed matches then continue as they want by all means, but this suggestion could make it much better.

I don't think they're doing it for us especially during this pandemic, they're doing it because it's their passion, their current source of income, and because there might possibly be the Tokyo Olympics in 2021. I would never compare an athlete to someone in the medical field that's putting countless hours into this virus, nurses and doctors who are constantly helping those in need even at the risk of their own health, and patients who are willing to be testers for the various vaccines.

• You should stop watching and following and posting comments if you don't care at all.

I mean, turkish vakifbank got there players tested positive and now they are back. Why not look for brighter side which they still have a chance to play and even train and getting stronger while in quarantine.

Sarıyer Belediyespor players got the virus before the season started and some of them still can't play a whole match and we are in 10th round , they still have post-corona effects on their lungs.

It's not so easy to recover from the virus even if you survive the virus.

For us who don't or didn't have virus is very easy to talk about it.

• 5 italian regions - Piemonte (Novara, Cuneo, Chieri), Lombardia (Monza, Busto Arsizio, Brescia, Casalmaggiore), Campania, Basilicata and Calabria - may close their borders in the next days: it means no one in and no one out from these places. According to the last news, Campiania and Lombardia may be the first ones living a new lockdown, because the situation there is already out of control. After sunday we'll know more.

That's terrible news!

Just a side note here: I don't think leagues should be cancelled. My position is more that players should be more responsible and leagues should think on ways to shorten their calendar and avoid the need for constant mobility. I am suspicious that leagues such as the Italian, Brazilian, Turkish, Russian and etc, will not be able to end properly if they keep the exact same formats from a time when there was not a pandemic going on.

• I know it's hard. Believe me, it's hard for everyone. But I guess people should look for therapy to help to go through this, and not for types of entertainment that risk people's lives. Is it okay for players to risk their health for people to get entertained? I am sorry to jump in on this, but I think people should stop making stupid decisions by themselves, and not risk others' health to do what's right.

I've been doing everything right to not risk anyone's health or mine for the last 10 months or so.

It's better to ask the athletes themselves if they want to continue or not because believe me they are the ones who are most likely to suffer if the league stops.

I know how therapy works because I am part of the industry and I am telling you, everyone I talk to are already at their rope's end.

This is not an easy situation but entertainment helps in every little way. Comfort foods like chocolates or junk foods are out because of health reasons but a volleyball match or any sports you're interested in gets you fired up. This is the new normal and cancelling the league which makes you feel a little bit of the former normal returning is just depressing because it brings you out of the moment and that covid is still there. Everybody just needs that moment to escape reality. I know it's crazy but oblivion can be a bliss some times.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().