Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Yes,it is true in EuroVolley 2019 statistcly they were the best, but just have on mind that for example Italy played with Sorokaite-Sylla-Moki but even if we didn’t go so far with the assumptions the fact that Serbia with the 2 reception system was statistically very close to Turkey, quite limits us in the use of the phrase by far. And not to be confused, ofc that i agree in general as i said in my previous post, but I just think that if some distort the facts, we don't all have to work.

*btw the average height of Turkish NT is 186 (EuroVolley 2019), but i completely understand that inappropriate comparison with Japan did its thing :lol:

We were talking about Eda's post retirement.

Ebrar,kübra,zehra,hande,meliha,naz

(196 + 198 + 197 + 189 + 188+ 186)÷6=192.33 cm

• How did you calculate it? I think he meant starting 6. Naz is 186 and she is the shortest of the starters so it can't be true

Stastic is very exact, i calculate how i said, at EuroVolley 2019, Turkish NT average height was 186, sum of height of all players divided with number of players, and no, it makes no sense to calculate the average height of the starting lineup, especially not the Turkish team, because it was and IMO and will be a variable term, especially I think it makes no sense to Kubra included in that starting lineup, at least I hope she will not be in the starting lineup, but that libero can be thrown out in this situation because it does not affect the attack, but when you use some statistics as an argument, it is extremely important not to assume too many things, it loses its meaning.

But yes at the end only important thing is that Turkish team have no problem with the height of their players, I am simply sensitive to the arbitrary use of statistics.

• As far as people underestimating/underappreciating your country's/favorite's chances, just learn to ignore it. If you are good (and with a bit of luck), the success will come in time, and with it a recognition

But not all at once! I can tell you as a Serbian, volleyball lovers from other countries might recognise our achievements and current strength, but that won't necessarily make them like or care about our team. Majority of volleyball lovers care either only for their own nation, or for "traditional powers" (USA, Brazil, China, Italy, Japan, Russia). Many of them regard all other countries (at least on some level), as upstarts who will, sooner or later, fade back into mediocrity where they belong.

So what's the lesson? Just learn to chill back, forget about other people's opinions, and enjoy your team's successes.

• I agree with what you are saying, but to be fair, I believe that was the only instance in this century of a team winning any of World Championships or OGs without at least 1 legendary spiker.

• Turkey imo has estabilished themselves among the top teams.

• Stastic is very exact, i calculate how i said, at EuroVolley 2019, Turkish NT average height was 186, sum of height of all players divided with number of players, and no, it makes no sense to calculate the average height of the starting lineup, especially not the Turkish team, because it was and IMO and will be a variable term, especially I think it makes no sense to Kubra included in that starting lineup, at least I hope she will not be in the starting lineup, but that libero can be thrown out in this situation because it does not affect the attack, but when you use some statistics as an argument, it is extremely important not to assume too many things, it loses its meaning.

But yes at the end only important thing is that Turkish team have no problem with the height of their players, I am simply sensitive to the arbitrary use of statistics.

It is common sense not to include libero or back-up players when talking about average of a team. Having a player at the bench with height of 200 or 170 cm can mess the average in your calculation but at the end it doesnt make a difference. That's why starting 6 is considered whenever an average height of a team is in discussion.

Anyways Turkey is quite a high team thanks to the fact that our setter is tall and it seems like all the youngsters are also quite tall so height won't be a question for Turkey in near future.

• I agree with what you are saying, but to be fair, I believe that was the only instance in this century of a team winning any of World Championships or OGs without at least 1 legendary spiker.

Italy didn't have a dominant wing for a long time but they won a lot thanks to their strength at setter/libero and MB position which is a similar case for current turkey

• Italy used to win a lot because all the players could everything on court, since they had excellent technical skills, excellent tachtical prepations (their block-defense system was insane) and made one of the most balanced teams of the history.

• Aguero, as an opposite, was able to defende very well and she could pass the ball without particular problems, in case she was needed to.
    • Piccinini and Del Core could both pass the ball with very high quality while scoring regularly.
    • Barazza and Gioli were a great comination, 'cause both could score and block as well (usually Barazza was better at blocking and Gioli at spiking).
    • Cardullo was hands down the best libero of the world for a while.
    • Lo Bianco made her 5 spikers kill 10+ balls each match (of course the opposite used to score more than the others, but still it was a very balanced game).

A dominant spiker could be useful, of course, but not as needed as it is nowdays, when most of the players are just very physical and athletical (but very weak technically) and you need extra power to spike over the block. When Togut played for the NT, Italy used to have her as their offensive leader and they won a WCH, but I didn't see that team as good as the one above, depite there were marvelous players like Leggeri, Togut, Rinieri and Mello in 2002.

• Turkey is not a top team. They are mediocre at best.

Maybe not on the levels of China, Italy or Serbia.

But they are still competitive and on a good day can challenge anybody, watch some of their VNL matches and how they got their Olympic ticket (European Olympic Qualifier which everyone knows was the hardest Qualifier compared to others).

• Italy didn't have a dominant wing for a long time but they won a lot thanks to their strength at setter/libero and MB position which is a similar case for current turkey

Italy was the best time last decade in general lines just above brasil

They were so good in every position,current turkey is strong because they play fast and also guidetti is genious and mostly for middles

• I am sharing a short interview for Boskovic and Eczacıbaşı fans.

————————————————

—Is that Turkey is an ideal country for a foreign player?

"I'm glad with my life in Turkey. I have nothing to complain about it. Serbia is very close to here,I'm one flight away from serbia . Our cultures are also similar. Food is very tasty. People are kind and friendly. The best players deserve a lot more, so we would be much happier if there is more audience support here."

"It is my 6th season at Eczabaşı and I am very happy. I am very proud to be the captain of one of the best clubs in the world. This season we will try to do our best again. We have the youngest team ever, but from the moment I came to the club, I saw an incredible energy. Everyone is eager to work. We have a lot of talented players. We will achieve a perfect dynamism with the experienced and young players."

—How would you describe yourself in a few words?

"Volleyball lover, friendly and a little shy."

————————————————

We can spot the words which tica describes herself in her smile.I think boskovic has the cutest smile in the volleyball world.

• —How would you describe yourself in a few words?

"Volleyball lover, friendly and a little shy."

————————————————

I wouldn't have guessed that about her considering she's a beast on the court, but now I love her even more!

This is coming from someone who is also shy. :gone:

• Oh yeah, the difference with her on-court demeanour and her shyness and lack of arrogance is striking, but even that is fairly recent development (last 2-3 years). Watch her matches in 2014-2015, her body-language during play and especially celebrations is so weird that it bordered on autistic.

• Turkey is a strong team because they play as a team, which is a result of not having a dominant spiker like China, Italy and Serbia. Without Zhu, Egonu and Boskovic in their respective countries it is an even playing field. Turkey can beat them. It just goes to show how these 3 countries are relying so much on these players.

• Turkey is a strong team because they play as a team, which is a result of not having a dominant spiker like China, Italy and Serbia. Without Zhu, Egonu and Boskovic in their respective countries it is an even playing field. Turkey can beat them. It just goes to show how these 3 countries are relying so much on these players.

You NAILED it... Turkey are being successful in their recent stints because everybody in the team is important, has a function and has been performing it well, complementing each other in every aspect of the game.. There is no ego showing, no one is being a diva, it's pure synergy.. they are together playing for their nation..

• What I also noticed about Turkey from last year is that there is a good replacement for most of the positions. Kubra did well in replacing Zehra when she's underperforming, Cansu breathes life to the team when she comes in for Naz, and Gozde Yilmaz... well, while I think not very spectacular, can contribute points here and there. Turkey did the right move in getting Guidetti (although a bit controversial) and they are definitely a dangerous team with him.