Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Seriously? You thought Fener should have been better than Vakif this year?:what:

Anyway, won't be surprised if Terzic is responsible for many of players refusing offers. He spent most of his career surrounded by corruption (endemic and all-pervasive in Serbia), so wouldn't be surprised that is the the only way he knows how to operate.

that's not what I said. I said anything other than being second is not success because their roster is better than eczacibasi so to me it is given that they will be second at least. And if they would have beaten vakifbank then I would call it success

• that's not what I said. I said anything other than being second is not success because their roster is better than eczacibasi so to me it is given that they will be second at least. And if they would have beaten vakifbank then I would call it success

That's an unusual definition of success. I'm not sure whether calling a team that fulfils expectations (being second best) "unsuccessful" (which is implied by your reasoning) is logical. But regardless of that, it should never be "given" that any team WILL live up to paper expectations.

• That's an unusual definition of success. I'm not sure whether calling a team that fulfils expectations (being second best) "unsuccessful" (which is implied by your reasoning) is logical. But regardless of that, it should never be "given" that any team WILL live up to paper expectations.

you are bending my words again:what:

I didn'T call them unsuccessfully. But to me, a trainer could be called successful when he elevates the team's level and reach a ranking that's not expected with the roster he has. In that sense, Terziç didn't bring the team's level to a higher point than what they are capable of on paper. FB has the best local setter and MB in their roster (not only best in turkey but one of the few top players in their positions). Vargas is the best opp after the big 3. Mihajloviç&Busa should be a good OH duo. But in the end, they didn't win against any team that is stronger than them on paper. So this doesn't make a trainer or a team successful. Because in that sense we should call Eczacıbaşı also successful because they became 3rd which was their roster exactly capable of.

To me, successful teams in Turkey are Nilüfer Belediyesi and Karayolları because they ended up at a ranking that was way more than what they were expected. The same can be said for Chieri in Serie A

• We didn't expect that busa do so good this season

this season, she's not a good attacker, not a good blocker, not a good receiver.she can't make a defence that well as you mentioned.I do not understand what you meant by saying so good.

• Why is Terzic considered unsuccessful and asked to resign?

Terzic has been coaching this team for 3 years and has never won any trophies.

We all agree that his probability of winning a trophy this year is low.

Despite having an unlimited budget next year, there is a very low probability of being able to win a trophy again.

Except for winning the trophy, the game of Fenerbahçe on the court is not pleasing to the eye. Fenerbahçe wins most matches thanks to the quality of the squad.

Fenerbahçe played 18 games against vakıf and Eczacı in the last 3 years and only won 4 of them.

Terzic is also quite problematic in communicating with the young players of Fenerbahçe lila,ipar,gülçe. He has no contribution to İpar who is u19 eurovlley mvp .

We all know his ridiculous interviews.

That's all.

• Terzic has been coaching this team for 3 years and has never won any trophies.

OK, true but last year's trophies weren't decided and this year's aren't decided yet either, so it's a bit unfair to judge him this way. The big matches are going to begin soon and we will see what happens. Like most people here, I don't think Fenerbahce will be winning anything but the games have to actually be played before we can judge.

He's not done a very good job but I don't think he's done a terrible job either. Let's see what happens before the end of the season and if there is no improvement then I will think it's fair if he's fired. I don't agree with asking him to resign though. It's his job, his passion and how he earns money, why should he resign? It's up to the club to make the decision.

• Well, I am not satisfied with his job because the team is not playing an enjoyable volleyball. Winning trophies is the ultimate goal but playing great volleyball can compensate for it. The team is playing without a soul, there seems to be no tactic/role whatsoever . Despite stating 2 person receiving system is a doomed one, he goes and uses it for 2 seasons in a row. It seems he couldn’t add anything to his team, even to his beloved protege Vargas. It is also said he wants to transfer a young Serbian MB as if he added anything to Turkish young players.

when it comes to resigning, he needs to be fired. Fener shouldn’t have signed a new contract with him in the first place. Many fans are mad at him for his desire to transfer only Serbian players from the same agency as his. I wonder if he is a silent partner in that agency or his contract requires him to take Serbian players along wherever he goes.

• you are bending my words again:what:

I didn'T call them unsuccessfully.

I know, and that is why I said "which is implied by your reasoning" in that post you quoted. I realise that this is a completely academic insignificant point to debate about, though, so I'll drop it before we bore everyone.

But just as a parting thought, I still don't think it's valid to consider only those teams which exceed expectations "successful". What would you call Imoco if they win every single trophy remaining, which is exactly what is expected of them?

• I know, and that is why I said "which is implied by your reasoning" in that post you quoted. I realise that this is a completely academic insignificant point to debate about, though, so I'll drop it before we bore everyone.

But just as a parting thought, I still don't think it's valid to consider only those teams which exceed expectations "successful". What would you call Imoco if they win every single trophy remaining, which is exactly what is expected of them?

Alright you got me, I agree that my logic doesn't work for teams who win everything:lol::drink:

• The days of KYK-Natalia-Tomkom on Fenerbahce was the last time I enjoyed their game. Everything has been downhill ever since. TerZic’s arrival did spice things up a bit but ended up lukewarm. I think one of the biggest reason they couldn’t go farther is Mihajlovic. She brings the team down becAuse of her insane inability to receive and defend. At least Kosheleva can receive decently and she played last-woman defense like a beach volleyball player. When you have Eda, you expect a great reception so Naz can do her magic with her. But nope. Busa couldn’t get the job done in covering Mihajlovic and don’t get me start on the tragedy which is the libero. Drop everyone else. Build the team around Eda & Naz. KYK can help on reception & Gizem will be a step up.

• It's a simple calculation, really. If you've got an atrocious libero, and you want to win trophies in Turkey, you must either hire one OH who is really, really good at reception and defence and one terminating OH AND a top-notch Opp AND a good coach. Anything short of that is guaranteed to end in failure. That is more difficult to achieve than it even sounds (and it sounds difficult).

That, or hire Guidetti and be called Vakifbank.

• The days of KYK-Natalia-Tomkom on Fenerbahce was the last time I enjoyed their game. Everything has been downhill ever since. TerZic’s arrival did spice things up a bit but ended up lukewarm. I think one of the biggest reason they couldn’t go farther is Mihajlovic. She brings the team down becAuse of her insane inability to receive and defend. At least Kosheleva can receive decently and she played last-woman defense like a beach volleyball player. When you have Eda, you expect a great reception so Naz can do her magic with her. But nope. Busa couldn’t get the job done in covering Mihajlovic and don’t get me start on the tragedy which is the libero. Drop everyone else. Build the team around Eda & Naz. KYK can help on reception & Gizem will be a step up.

No chance, KYK and Naz don't like each other.

• this season, she's not a good attacker, not a good blocker, not a good receiver.she can't make a defence that well as you mentioned.I do not understand what you meant by saying so good.

But I expect worse

She was quite decent at best

• oh wow. I didn’t know this. First KYK and Nootsara now this? If that’s the case she better go elsewhere. She deserves better environment after the tragedy that is this season.

Anyway, what happened between team? They played together in Fenerbahce back then right?

I think it was when Kim came to Turkey for the first time, I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember Kim saying the first season there was a lot of clique energy or something along those lines and people trying to prove their friends game over Kims or others etc. which wasn't fun to her and she was reserved around that time coming from abroad for the first time. They made fun of her for not partying a lot too I heard as she wasn't all about heavy drinking and going out. There was some Korean program I saw her talk about it, maybe someone can link it to get her precise words because it's been years since I saw it.

There might be more 'bullying' stories we will never find out the details 'bout it seems

• I think it was when Kim came to Turkey for the first time, I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember Kim saying the first season there was a lot of clique energy or something along those lines and people trying to prove their friends game over Kims or others etc. which wasn't fun to her and she was reserved around that time coming from abroad for the first time. They made fun of her for not partying a lot too I heard as she wasn't all about heavy drinking and going out. There was some Korean program I saw her talk about it, maybe someone can link it to get her precise words because it's been years since I saw it.

There might be more 'bullying' stories we will never find out the details 'bout it seems

Make sense. KYK was heading towards the peak of her career and play abroad for the first time after fighting for it. Would make so much sense of she kept to herself and not going out a lot those days.

• I think it was when Kim came to Turkey for the first time, I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember Kim saying the first season there was a lot of clique energy or something along those lines and people trying to prove their friends game over Kims or others etc. which wasn't fun to her and she was reserved around that time coming from abroad for the first time. They made fun of her for not partying a lot too I heard as she wasn't all about heavy drinking and going out. There was some Korean program I saw her talk about it, maybe someone can link it to get her precise words because it's been years since I saw it.

Yeah there's definitely a cultural difference that could cause issues

• I remember hearing more than one stories back in the day that Naz was quite prone to clique and queen bee behaviour, but I don't know if those were just malicious rumours or whether there was some truth to it.