CEV Champions League 2021

• It looks like everyone are travelling to Italy, so everyone are negative.

2days and 5,30 hours:woohoo:

• Guidetti said that the biggest problem for Vakif is that they haven’t played high level match this season in Turkish league except just one and that is against Busto, team who beat them.

And that Conegliano had really strong finals and they are little bit more ready for highlevel volleyball but He repeats like all his players that they are ready.

All players are officially negative.

• Do you guys know if the Final will be streamed in CEV Youtube channel? I'm hoping we don't get a one-sided match and a bit of drama is a plus :lol:

• This narrative of the Turkish fans being nasty towards the poor respectful italians it's honestly ridiculous, because italians (on Facebook groups and other platforms) are just as nasty if not worse and have always been towards Turkish volleyball (and often times straight up racist btw) what you even complaining about 🤷🏻‍♂️

oh Geez, could you read my first post? I replied the first time saying that rude people are on both sides, but here everyone was lashing out at Conegliano only, so honestly I was tired of seeing the teams and the supporters being bashed, that's why I intervened cause I found that very biased, That's it.

I have no idea which Facebook groups you're into, (I just go in a pair of italian groups and they're mostly nice and respectful.) but on YT nasty remarks and racist jokes were made also by Turkish fans, so again, my point is that people here were acting like only Conegliano's fans were trolls and VB fans were just victims, which I felt the need to correct because it's an obvious lie, I don't even understand why you all get so defensive about that 😅

If you wanted me to stay silent, well, sorry, worng person.

• Do you guys know if the Final will be streamed in CEV Youtube channel? I'm hoping we don't get a one-sided match and a bit of drama is a plus :lol:

It will be aired on the italian channel Rai 2, so if you can't watch italian tv, you can find a streaming here https://www.livehere.one/rai-2-in-diretta-streaming/

I don't know about the quality and if it will keep working, but if you don't want to pay it's the best option!

• oh Geez, could you read my first post? I replied the first time saying that rude people are on both sides, but here everyone was lashing out at Conegliano only, so honestly I was tired of seeing the teams and the supporters being bashed, that's why I intervened cause I found that very biased, That's it.

I have no idea which Facebook groups you're into, (I just go in a pair of italian groups and they're mostly nice and respectful.) but on YT nasty remarks and racist jokes were made also by Turkish fans, so again, my point is that people here were acting like only Conegliano's fans were trolls and VB fans were just victims, which I felt the need to correct because it's an obvious lie, I don't even understand why you all get so defensive about that 😅

If you wanted me to stay silent, well, sorry, worng person.

The first post where you said you understand Conegliano supporters being gloating and annoying because it's just a reaction to turkish fans being nasty? Yes, I read it and it's exactly what I was responding to. You are describing the poor italians fans as belittled and abused (which again it's honestly laughable, if a couple of troll comments on youtube are "abuse" to you you must have a really nice life) by the bad and nasty turkish fans. And again that's not even the point because people were complaining about some specific users ON THIS FORUM, you went out of your way to paint this new picture. No one is complaining about Conegliano fans in general.

And no one wants to silence you, except maybe the mods wanting to silence both of us considering this is going way off topic, so yeah let's just cut it here

• The first post where you said you understand Conegliano supporters being gloating and annoying because it's just a reaction to turkish fans being nasty? Yes, I read it and it's exactly what I was responding to. You are describing the poor italians fans as belittled and abused (which again it's honestly laughable, if a couple of troll comments on youtube are "abuse" to you you must have a really nice life) by the bad and nasty turkish fans. And again that's not even the point because people were complaining about some specific users ON THIS FORUM, you went out of your way to paint this new picture. No one is complaining about Conegliano fans in general.

And no one wants to silence you, except maybe the mods wanting to silence both of us considering this is going way off topic, so yeah let's just cut it here

Nope, The one you extrapolated just one sentence from ignoring all the rest and putting it out of context to say I justified some behaviours (which I didn't). When Isaid, read my first comment I meant read ALL my comment, not just the one sentence which is more convenient for you. I just said that after months of this stupid aggressive rivarly, I can understand if some people start to react to each other, and you can't blame just one side and not the other.

On the differences of aggressivenes of the comments I won't even start (which are not just a couple), because that's not the point, but who follwed the FIVB knows the truth.

I may be oversensitive about some (racist and offensive) comments with no argumentations but then the same goes for people in this forum who got all whiny and offended over a pair of people who were a bit overconfident here on the forum. If I'm oversensitive then what are they? 🤣 About your personal offence towards me and my life, I'm not even replying because the mediocrity comments itself, you need to try harder to intimidate me, mate.

"No one is complaining about Conegliano fans in general."

Not really as they talked about "Can't wait to see Conegliano lose because of the spoiled fans" l, which I and lots of people are not, and I will defend them.

But as Jules said, you all want to see what you want to see and ignore the rest, it's more conveniente, truth hurts.

• See what you want to see is the most correct sentence you guys used.

Self-awareness is a good thing.

Most people are here referring to just being annoyed with 1 specific users posts and how he will become very cocky for years if a win on Conegliano side happens. I don't think many people meant overall, it's a fairly small community and people were quite specific. if you're new here you can't understand maybe. Toxic fans are on both sides, I think everyone knew that. You tried to play victim and say it's indeed both sides very shortly but put heavy emphasis on Turkish fans :lol: :snake: kinda manipulative. voulter just said well that can go both ways with some Italian fans toxicity and racism as well. Same toxicity and harassment happens on the Turkish side. Some people might have generalized but overall we are speaking of 1 specific user who keeps stirring the pot for years. This whole argument is even pointless and I didn't want to insert myself at first but some people are completely clueless.

• They forgot to include that vakifbank had to play against a pretty weaker teams than imoco in CL playoff. Their stats individually and as a team will definitely different depending on who they played with and how strong or weak the teams are.

Love when the guys said: "If they can stop Egonu". Yes, IF (big IF) they can stop her, which is not easy 😂 but yes, that will be the key of the match, also coaches and setters clash!

Guidetti is very smart so I'm curious to see if he thinks about something 🤗

• K you right good night :thumbup:

• See what you want to see is the most correct sentence you guys used.

Self-awareness is a good thing.

Most people are here referring to just being annoyed with 1 specific users posts and how he will become very cocky for years if a win on Conegliano side happens. I don't think many people meant overall, it's a fairly small community and people were quite specific. if you're new here you can't understand maybe. Toxic fans are on both sides, I think everyone knew that. You tried to play victim and say it's indeed both sides very shortly but put heavy emphasis on Turkish fans :lol: :snake: kinda manipulative. voulter just said well that can go both ways with some Italian fans toxicity and racism as well. Same toxicity and harassment happens on the Turkish side. Some people might have generalized but overall we are speaking of 1 specific user who keeps stirring the pot for years. This whole argument is even pointless and I didn't want to insert myself at first but some people are completely clueless.

I put emphasis on the Turkish fans because that's what i experienced in the first place and my experience is as much valid as yours. I had no idea if they were talking about just this community, as I read just the last pages where everyone were talking about Conegliano fans as a whole.

I think my message was quite clear and Leonardo D. summarized it perfectly, but if you guys feel the need to drag this to prove I don't know what point because you feel triggered by what I said and can't accept people contradicting you and your narrative, go one, Lol, not my probem. 🤣 I can't even talk about the match in peace, lol.

Truth is: were turkish fans obnoxious as well as the italians? Yes, they were, the same way if not worse. Did anyone in the forum said they want the team to lose because of that? No. At maximum they said they consider Conegliano stronger, which in your opnion means trolling and it's an unforgivable sin. Cool

• Are we on a thread about Turkish fans? Italian fans? Last time I checked it, we weren't... So quit it and just wait for the game if the only think you guys want to do is to argue and to pick fights... I don't want to see off-topic here anymore... Talk about the game, about the teams, about the players, that's fine, just remember: opinions are just opinions, no need to be aggressive if someone doesn't agree with you, we are here to discuss, not to preach... Use your passion to root for you team, not to pick fights on a forum

• Let's talk about volleyball, because - from my perspective - that's the most anticipated game in female volleyball since 2018 in any competition.

Two best setters in the world in my eyes: Wołosz vs Ognjenovic

Two among three best opposites in the world: Egonu vs Haak

Team USA rivalry: Hill vs Bartsch once again

Similar MB duos: up-and-coming youngsters & stars, competing against each other

The best coach in the world vs perhaps his successor (considering his age and current body of work)

And first and foremost: by far the best Italian team against by far the best Turkish team.

IMHO, the key for Conegliano will be opening all spiking zones (zone 4 and middles) early, like I stated many times in Serie A thread, recently Conegliano has played too many times one dimensional, Egonu-dominated game for several reasons (shape of MBs and inconsistent OHs), and much less their A game where all zones are frequently used and there's no way to stop this version of Conegliano effectively. And, analogously, for Vakifbank, in my eyes, more than stopping Egonu, the goal should be taking away A-game from Conegliano: the thing that Novara has done effectively in the finals. If they're able to harm Conegliano's reception at least a little, and then stop Sylla or/and Hill, and MBs the same way Novara did, they may find themselves in position toh have a shot to win this final. At this point, I don't believe you can STOP Egonu, at least you can CONTAIN her a little, but I believe that in contrary to Novara, Vakifbank has enough star power to beat Conegliano even if Egonu plays out of this world, but they have to stop other zones from being any efficient on Saturday. If Novara was able to put a fight against Conegliano and to did what I suggested above for Vakifbank to do, I don't see any reason why Guidetti's team can't do the same. But, like I said, in contrary to Novara, they have Isabelle Haak, no Malwina Smarzek, and Gabi, no Nika Daalderop (no offense).

Furthermore, I perceive this game a little bit as a legacy game for both teams and some players. For Conegliano, that's a big chance for historic season & quadruple crown in Italy and Europe, without a single loss. Imagine achieving this type of season in PERHAPS the best league in the world currently and in Champions League: once in a decade type of effort. Vakifbank may not be as consistent and dominant, but if they win this game, they'll win triple crown and succeed in every important competition this season: no matter how some of you may not like it, if Vakif wins this game, they'll be the best team in the world this season. If you win every important competition you play in, you are the best, that's pure and simple.

And the same about players. Egonu has a chance to seal this year as historically good season from individual standpoint, perhaps the best club season from an individual player we've seen in recent years. Just think about this: MVP of Coppa Italia, MVP of Italian league, absurd season from statistical point of view, no game lost, if she finishes this year with Champions League title and potential MVP, this may be the highest of the highests we've seen. It's like ... you can't do ANYTHING better, if that materializes. But the same legacy narrative can be applied to several Vakifbank players, like Haak, who hasn't won anything spectacular in her career yet outside of Turkish league, or to Maja, whose club career isn't as spectacular as her career with Serbian NT. What about Hill, finishing her club career in this game?

There's so much to talk about game-wise, that we can stop this antagonistic nonsense, let's be gentle a day before and a day after a final to each other, that's really not expensive, and yet a necessity.

I see Conegliano as the favorites here, but Vakifbank is underrated by odds: this is one game final, and they're classy classy team. And, like I said before, that is psychologically helpful for Vakifbank as a team to be considered as (too) big underdog.