2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• I wonder if Brazil can manage to win all 3 games this week 3-0 without letting the opposing team reach 20 points in any sets. With the way China has been playing, that can be doable :lol:

china would be lucky to get over 15 lol and it would not surprise me if there are some single digit scorelines

• Are you guys okay with Gabi playing almost like a 2nd libero? I wish she was playing a little bit better on the offensive side

No, in fact, I was worried with her during all season, she seems a little bit off in attack for me, but that didn't hurt so much the team yet, but anyway, I think that as soon as Natalia is ready she will be alongside with Garay, that's the right thing to do it.

• Zé is not letting players show how they can contribute... He's oftentimes using uses Bia-Carol-Gattaz as MB, and once in a while we get to see Mayany - but I doubt she'll make it to the OGs. Adenízia played 3 sets in total and it makes no sense to keep her then. Rosa only played whole sets as OH. I also don't think Lorenne got the chance to play one entire set. Dani Lins came in only in extremely easy situations so far, and Roberta too - except against Italy.

I'm really confused about how he'll select players if they never get the chance to play ganes as starters. I think they should be given this chance especially against teams that won't be our opponents in the OGs.

• No, in fact, I was worried with her during all season, she seems a little bit off in attack for me, but that didn't hurt so much the team yet, but anyway, I think that as soon as Natalia is ready she will be alongside with Garay, that's the right thing to do it.

Agreed. Especially if we keep playing this boring game of setting to the OHs and OPP all the freaking time.

• Zé is not letting players show how they can contribute... He's oftentimes using uses Bia-Carol-Gattaz as MB, and once in a while we get to see Mayany - but I doubt she'll make it to the OGs. Adenízia played 3 sets in total and it makes no sense to keep her then. Rosa only played whole sets as OH. I also don't think Lorenne got the chance to play one entire set. Dani Lins came in only in extremely easy situations so far, and Roberta too - except against Italy.

I'm really confused about how he'll select players if they never get the chance to play ganes as starters. I think they should be given this chance especially against teams that won't be our opponents in the OGs.

I expected more rotation in the team too, even if Adenizia, for example, never had so many chances to go, then why she is there if she never gets a chance to play? It's just there in case of an injury of these 3 (Bia, Gattaz and Carol)? And even if that's the case, Bia it's not so far from Adenizia, imo. What could secure Bia spot it's her blocking, because her attack has not improved yet, and she haven't block either so far, and blocking it's something that Adenizia never lost. (despite the fact I like her chaotic vibes sometimes).

• Kosheleva posted a new video with Russia's travel and arrival in Rimini:

Isn't it "lovely" how "serious" the Russian girls take their masks? :aww: And according to FIVB rules Kosheleva and Fedorovtseva shouldn't be sharing a room as players on the same position :|

it's all fun and games till someone causes a superspreader event in Rimini. No wonder the Japanese people are adamant to cancel the Olympics because of these kind of people. I wonder if athletes undergo some kind of seminar to educate them about the ramifications of their carelessness.

• No, in fact, I was worried with her during all season, she seems a little bit off in attack for me, but that didn't hurt so much the team yet, but anyway, I think that as soon as Natalia is ready she will be alongside with Garay, that's the right thing to do it.

I think the only players surely confirmed for thir position on the team are Tandara, and both Carols.

• I'm really afraid is that ZRG doing this all to bring Sheila at any cost. I think he will bring Rosamaria as 4th OH/2 OPP and get Sheila as 3nd OPP. Still would like to see Lorenne playing at least one match, but it seems that he won't use her at all

nah, he won't bring Sheilla to Tokyo. With that performance.

• Im wondering when Ze will give Sheilla the time to show if she "deserves" to grab the ticket to Tokyo. If I am not wrong, I think Sheilla has not started any match yet, hasnt she? Would the match against China be, finally, her moment?

I am not at all against older players. If a player is old, but still performs at the highest level, for example, Gattaz now or Fofao in her time, well, why shouldnt she be called? At the end, Brazil is a team which is going to Tokyo to compete, not to use the tournament as a "futute" lab, as Italy did in Rio.

With all the due respect to Sheilla, who is an icon and Im sure not only for Brazilian fans, but everyone who loves this sport, has she really shown that despite her age, she can compete at the highest level and add something good to her team? If it isnt in this VNL, when would she have the chance?

It would be really surprising if she goes to Tokyo without being starter in any match her + having a good performance in this (these) match (es).