Japan Women's NT 2021

• I wish ANYBODY on Japan played with the ... I dunno what to call it ... "killer instinct" , "violence" , "passion" Herbots plays with. None of them can't play like the size of Stysiak :rolll:

How many swings in that trio you mention [EDIT: Koga, Herbots, Stysiak, that is] to get those points? Koga seems more 'efficient', but I'm not sure

Edit: oh wait swings

I don't know where to see all that data

• I think Ishikawa managed to outscore Kurogo (in total points) throughout this entire tournament.

And she bumped Kurogo to non-receiving OP. Strangely, with all the deserved wow factor on Mayu's serve, Kurogo hit more aces (at least last time I checked)

I don't like the Mayu/Ai duo on court at the same time. I don't like Toray. It's just a thing for me :)

• I don't like the Mayu/Ai duo on court at the same time. I don't like Toray. It's just a thing for me

I think it's why Japan's defense sux. Toray's defense sux

• If you see a Japanese player score 30, they have worked way too hard to get it.....

What I mean is that they have had to play tons of defense just to get an outside swing. Other teammates are not scoring and the team is too dependent on one player. When Shinnabe was playing she was like a 10-15 point player. If Japan gets more support from the middle, it helps the rest of the offense.

Also with Japan being so focused on using the left side of the net, the defense basically knows that you are going there. Have to spread the offense around the net to give them a chance to compete.

Strategy included what I'm trying to get at is that all the best Opps have that much power to cut to 30s Haak, Egonu, Boskovic, even Karakurt is punching to 30s why isn't that possible for Japan even if the other teams also apply all the other factors you mentioned. And you can see Koga overcompensating when Kurogo falls behind

• Edit: oh wait swings

I don't know where to see all that data

Koga 24/5/43

Stysiak 33/8/58

Koga 21/6/52

Herbots 23/9/68

points/errors/swings

I'm too tired to do math but it looks like Stysiak, at 7,000cm is a beast

Yyou can see Koga at least keeps up at least the 4/10 ratio pushing 50 swings. Koga is a tweener but the old school can't do that

• Strategy included what I'm trying to get at is that all the best Opps have that much power to cut to 30s Haak, Egonu, Boskovic, even Karakurt is punching to 30s why isn't that possible for Japan even if the other teams also apply all the other factors you mentioned. And you can see Koga overcompensating when Kurogo falls behind

Height

Hitting over the block is not an option for Japan.. It narrows their opportunity

But Herbots, Tandara, Gabi, etc aren't that tall. They just play with more guts/power. Koga's not going to do that, Kurogo isn't either. Mayu kinda maybe might if the NT world doesn't suck it out of her. That's the thing with Japan and their "No mistake"s mantra. They stop swinging hard

• Strategy included what I'm trying to get at is that all the best Opps have that much power to cut to 30s Haak, Egonu, Boskovic, even Karakurt is punching to 30s why isn't that possible for Japan even if the other teams also apply all the other factors you mentioned. And you can see Koga overcompensating when Kurogo falls behind

you can't really compare Kurogo to Haakifbank, Egonugliano and Boskobasi those are 3 monsters they're built differently

• you can't really compare Kurogo to Haakifbank, Egonugliano and Boskobasi those are 3 monsters they're built differently

You're working it :dance6:

• Height

Hitting over the block is not an option for Japan.. It narrows their opportunity

But Herbots, Tandara, Gabi, etc aren't that tall. They just play with more guts/power. Koga's not going to do that, Kurogo isn't either. Mayu kinda maybe might if the NT world doesn't suck it out of her. That's the thing with Japan and their "No mistake"s mantra. They stop swinging hard

What do you mean by "No Mistakes"? is that a Nakada thing?

• But Herbots, Tandara, Gabi, etc aren't that tall. They just play with more guts/power. Koga's not going to do that, Kurogo isn't either. Mayu kinda maybe might if the NT world doesn't suck it out of her. That's the thing with Japan and their "No mistake"s mantra. They stop swinging hard

So why is Kurogo still in the national team? Don't think it's that simple.

• Doesn't Kuro in Japanese and Kara in Turkish have the same meaning btw now that you say it 😂

Aka something like dark/black/dusky

Karakurt means black wolf literally

• Lack of defence which is unusual for Japan. This is what keeps them alive in a match. Without there wont be chance to win. Compared to hard hitting teams. theyre not known to hit very hard but more of precision to where the ball is going. I was hoping it will be a 5 setter match at least even if they loose. But no answer for the swings of the Tuskish team with so much power. I hope this lost will make nakada think something is not right and need to sort it asap.

• So why is Kurogo still in the national team?

She won two HS Championships? I dunno, really.

She's a good player but shouldn't be beyond getting yanked when the balance is off.

Lack of defence which is unusual for Japan. This is what keeps them alive in a match. Without there wont be chance to win. Compared to hard hitting teams. theyre not known to hit very hard but more of precision to where the ball is going. I was hoping it will be a 5 setter match at least even if they loose. But no answer for the swings of the Tuskish team with so much power. I hope this lost will make nakada think something is not right and need to sort it asap.

They say Defense doesn't win games. I disagree.

The reason I think it's important that this current squad can keep up their % (as compared to the Yuki trio who offered diminishing returns) is not because one of them has to be Boskovic, but because if their defense is ON, they will recycle the ball and take more swings. They need to be able to keep scoring at a decent %. That was the shortcoming of the Yuki group, they couldn't keep it up

What do you mean by "No Mistakes"? is that a Nakada thing?

I think it started with Manabe

1. Serve
    2. Serve Reception
    3. No Mistakes

That's fine in and of itself