Japan Women's NT 2021

• Doesn't Kuro in Japanese and Kara in Turkish have the same meaning btw now that you say it 😂

Aka something like dark/black/dusky

Karakurt means black wolf literally

"Ai" means love. If you see translations in the wild, Ai Kurogo will often translate as "Love after dark". I love that

• yeah that's not a good reason lol

eta: I have nothing AGAINST kurogo, but she makes a lot of errors and nakada leaving her on shows that she isn't "not tolerating mistakes"

I think there is a difference between errors and mistakes :)

• I thought they were the same thing, so how do you define each?

I really don’t know, but imagine shanking a reception. That would be an error. Imagine being the first one to move towards a loose ball and then stopping. That would be a mistake.

• I really don’t know, but imagine shanking a reception. That would be an error. Imagine being the first one to move towards a loose ball and then stopping. That would be a mistake.

fair enough. IDK if you watch tennis but there they have "error" and "unforced error" which is much more clear to me.

In any case I think hitting the ball into the block or out of bounds is an error.

• fair enough. IDK if you watch tennis but there they have "error" and "unforced error" which is much more clear to me.

In any case I think hitting the ball into the block or out of bounds is an error.

It’s far too subtle and complicated for me, but probably so does Nakada. Errors are okay. Mistakes not so much. That makes sense to me but have little idea of how to define mistakes.

When nakada called out Yamada for her oopsy, I don’t know how google translated it. Mistake or error?

• A lot of people were being reasonable on this result but I saw btw Kurogo getting A LOT of backlash as well in Japan. :( I really don't think it was all on her...

• Manabe was incredibly data driven. Also knowing that Japan needs fewer mistakes in order to have a chance to win.

Serve reception is paramount for Japan because it allows the speed of the offense. If the blockers are not set, Japan has an advantage, albeit short in time.

If you can get the other team out of system, Japan can dig the ball and turn it into offense, hopefully ending the point.

That essentially is Japanese volleyball with the national team. They are not going to out tall you.

Sadly, the recycling of the ball numerous times, just means that as the match goes on, you become more tired and if the blocks are stopping the swings, emotionally draining. I fight this hard and nothing comes from it.

• A lot of people were being reasonable on this result but I saw btw Kurogo getting A LOT of backlash as well in Japan. :( I really don't think it was all on her...

People definitely had big expectations for Kurogo's scoring ability because she is capable of very strong swings however she struggles to stay composed once she loses her tempo, she's not a very patient player unlike Mayu. It's her role to help Koga keep the momentum but often times it's Koga helping her by leading the attacks. I don't think she's bad by any means but she's the type of player that needs a substitute when she's already underperforming/making errors.

• I wonder how much of their VNL strategy will change. Their refusal to sub players who are already at their limit is just one of their big mistakes. But on the other hand, players they usually rely on such as Ishii also underperformed. Ishii had the whole USA-Serbia matches to improve her reception but it was still mediocre

They need to release the roster already

• Ishii also underperformed. Ishii had the whole USA-Serbia matches to improve her reception but it was still mediocre

I have to come to Yuki's rescue again :* She was 0/0/0 in reception against Serbia ... I wouldn't call that mediocre :rolll:

• I have to come to Yuki's rescue again :* She was 0/0/0 in reception against Serbia ... I wouldn't call that mediocre :rolll:

I stopped watching that match by the 2nd set because Serbia was already flaking. But would she still be able to withstand if they had their best players there as well as for teams like China. I think she should have gotten more chances especially these last 2 matches oyyy but so far her minor appearances hasn't made an impression imo

• I stopped watching that match by the 2nd set because Serbia was already flaking. But would she still be able to withstand if they had their best players there as well as for teams like China. I think she should have gotten more chances especially these last 2 matches oyyy but so far her minor appearances hasn't made an impression imo

Should have stuck around. Yuki owned the third set :rose:

I can only conclude the unwavering use of the KIK trio was to let them play together as much as possible, without consideration of a winning "strategy" for any particular match. That's OK. It's been a long strange trip :drink:

• Regarding Kurogo, I feel like hitting on the right side does not come naturally for her unlike Nagaoka.

The struggle is real for Kurogo, her precision is not as sharp or as strong as Nagaoka who can whip it to almost 90+ back then. Hayashi eases better on the right but her court time was not enough.

I saw someone mention that Mayu used to play opp during her HS days. But Kurogo has been playing as opposite in Toray.

• There's a good chance the final 12 will be announced by tomorrow since Japan is about to enter hardcore promotional phase starting next week as per JOC's announcement along with the 10,000 spectator limit at every venue.

As expected ASICS (an official Olympic sponsor and superior brand to Mizuno) went big with a viral dance. Plus major exposure from Naomi Watanabe and actress Tao Okamoto promoting them on TV and talk shows. But they only sponsor the men's team.

Hinotori's promotional strategy is crap. JVA made it clear that they won't be prioritising the women's team because of the lack of an established "Star Ace". The only thing they have so far is SK-II's animated mess of an ad that everyone hates because like 10 of the players featured in it are already retired and they cut off Koga.

• There's a good chance the final 12 will be announced by tomorrow since Japan is about to enter hardcore promotional phase starting next week as per JOC's announcement along with the 10,000 spectator limit at every venue.

As expected ASICS (an official Olympic sponsor and superior brand to Mizuno) went big with a viral dance. Plus major exposure from Naomi Watanabe and actress Tao Okamoto promoting them on TV and talk shows. But they only sponsor the men's team.

Hinotori's promotional strategy is crap. JVA made it clear that they won't be prioritising the women's team because of the lack of an established "Star Ace". The only thing they have so far is SK-II's animated mess of an ad that everyone hates because like 10 of the players featured in it are already retired and they cut off Koga.

Is the SKII ad an anime? a Haikyuu version? that could be good for them since anime fans will eat up anything related to Haikyuu