Japan Women's NT 2021

• This is the original intro campaign with Kimura, Nagaoka and Miyashita. Koga isn't in it, my bad. It also stars champions like Kasumi Ishikawa, Yuzuru Hanyu and of course Naomi Osaka who is now their main face. Only HInotori was featured in the initial campaign for Hello Blue, Hello Future Tokyo Olympics

• It's a complicated issue that falls mainly on Hinotori. Shiseido stopped supporting them and SK-II stepped in but the problem is that some extremists wanted people to boycott SK-II due to their ties with Korea.

Anyway, ANA scrapped their original Olympic campaign for Hinotori with Saori Kimura, Nagaoka, Koga and I think Miyashita... According to Yanagida ANA will only be continuing the campaign for the men's team, Ryujin.

Minor sponsors such as Descente does not support any female players participating in the NT and SEV only supports Nagaoka and the Ishikawa siblings

is it the lack of interest in supporting the women's team? i checked descente and their model is megumi kurihara. do people even know who that is. mizuno's main model is saori sakoda. all these retired players. for example ayumu saito, a relatively unknown and not exactly notable athlete, currently has a deal with audi.

• is it the lack of interest in supporting the women's team? i checked descente and their model is megumi kurihara. do people even know who that is. mizuno's main model is saori sakoda. all these retired players. for example ayumu saito, a relatively unknown and not exactly notable athlete, currently has a deal with audi.

It depends on their hype but I don't think Audi would just make anyone their model if they haven't accomplished anything. This Ayumu girl is really pretty though.

Megumi Kurihara is signed to a major agency, LDH. Maiko Kano, Kimura and Sakoda are signed to Sports Biz, another leading agency. All are very active in hosting and other activities related to sports. Shinnabe isn't signed with any agency but she's with a corporate team and she says she intends to take the hosting route as well. So all these retired players have more exposure than active players.

The only active players in the NT with any TV appearances since last year are Araki and Nagaoka.

• It's a complicated issue that falls mainly on Hinotori. Shiseido stopped supporting them and SK-II stepped in but the problem is that some extremists wanted people to boycott SK-II due to their ties with Korea.

Anyway, ANA scrapped their original Olympic campaign for Hinotori with Saori Kimura, Nagaoka, Koga and I think Miyashita... According to Yanagida ANA will only be continuing the campaign for the men's team, Ryujin.

Minor sponsors such as Descente does not support any female players participating in the NT and SEV only supports Nagaoka and the Ishikawa siblings

I appreciate you covering stuff like this. I can't wrap my head around it because I think it's depressing news, yes?

• I suppose I don't find it odd that there's a lack of interest. Every sport except football are experiencing some kind of sponsorship issue because of Corona's effects.

It's a little late to think about it now but I find it weird that Japan is isolating their female players. Why weren't there any players sent to play at international leagues? It could certainly help push a little more hype towards the women's team since Kimura's departure. And now they seem reluctant to make them compete at VNL.

• I suppose I don't find it odd that there's a lack of interest. Every sport except football are experiencing some kind of sponsorship issue because of Corona's effects.

It's a little late to think about it now but I find it weird that Japan is isolating their female players. Why weren't there any players sent to play at international leagues? It could certainly help push a little more hype towards the women's team since Kimura's departure. And now they seem reluctant to make them compete at VNL.

It's not a matter of isolation. There were simply no offers.

• She is. Araki and Ebata are featured in the show but they only invited retired players.

Otomo/Akimoto and Sakoda talk about Ebata. Kimura and Sano talk about Araki.

PFU had basically said, we ain’t going anywhere near the Emergency areas of Tokyo or Saitama. Who plays, does not play for her team, for PFU, Ebata.

• I call bull on JVA's Corona excuse.

Japan's Soccer League. It's packed. Where was the social distancing there?

source is Arisa Sato's IG, taken last March 6

They're only paranoid when it comes to other countries who will undoubtedly take all precautions but of course they're fine with a huge crowd of Japanese people, eating and cheering like Corona isn't still a thing.

• Their decisions have been quite erratic. I don't know what to expect anymore but I still find it hard to believe they will withdraw

• Sendai’s numbers numbers they have had 3,905 people test positive in total. Between 30-45 a day in the last week.

Tokyo is still in the 300s and the neighboring prefectures are 100+.

Weather is changing and more people want to get outside as the cherry blossoms start blooming.

• After 2000 also it was created many ways to make japan assist to olynpics

Like an extra spot to the best asian not qualified in pre olympic tournament

And what happened in 2012 and 2016

I don't see the issue here.

2000 was a different time because Australia hosted the olympics which meant everyone from Japan, China, Thailand and South Korea were screwed in one way or another.

Cuba was still a volleyball superpower back then which meant more hardship for China to even qualify outrightly on the very first try.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Fuji TV Great East Japan Earthquake Special Feature with Shinnabe (her hometown is in Kagoshima prefecture which was also affected)

Shinnabe is featured with Hagiwara Sawa (萩原彩葉) the female manager of Sendai Shogyo HS boys volleyball team where her brother plays. Sawa is a big fan of Shinnabe. Her mom says she and her husband are big fans of Hinotori's London squad and Chiko Nakanishi while her brother is a fan of Nagaoka as Sawa states.

Crying ensues during their talk, Shinnabe's grandfather tragically died during the earthquake. She goes on to say that having a strong support system is essential and while she's not comfortable talking about the reason for her retirement, the people closest to her understand why she had to do it. Towards the end Shinnabe plays with the boys for 1 set inside the school's gym then with Sawa outside the gym.

*I had some trans help from takuozeki

• Kurogo started out looking super dorky when she was in JT. Years later after she got injured she changed her image hard.

Mayu is a carbon copy of Aceshikawa. She's pretty.

• i dont think she was ever on JT. After high school went straight to toray. If i’m not mistaken

Shimokitazawa Seitoku ->> Toray Arrows. I think it was a typo -- meant "NT"?