Japan Women's NT 2021

• FIVB's been posting some good photos to banner the matches

• Team Japan doesn't have any back ups. All of Nakada's options are in Italy. They already eliminated Reina Tokoku. They would have sent some players home and have their back-ups come to Italy if they're still considering other players.

• It's going to be an anxious few days coming up, but if the team fires on all cylinders happiness may ensue.

Kurogo's making it difficult for me to continue proclaiming she can't hit from the right side. Sarina is winning hearts and minds completely on the down low. The social media things might be treating Mayu differently but she's on top and I have yet to hear a mention of her brother from any match 'tator. This is all cool.

Middle blockers aren't really a Japanese thing. Let's go :super:

• It's going to be an anxious few days coming up, but if the team fires on all cylinders happiness may ensue.

Kurogo's making it difficult for me to continue proclaiming she can't hit from the right side. Sarina is winning hearts and minds completely on the down low. The social media things might be treating Mayu differently but she's on top and I have yet to hear a mention of her brother from any match 'tator. This is all cool.

Middle blockers aren't really a Japanese thing. Let's go :super:

I'm excited!

• Hey sean1

A couple things left me off about the match:

1. I don't think Gui respected Japan enough to really try and win the match
    2. Mayu is being shaded a bit. The intro of the match had Kurogo as "one of the players to watch" ... okay to an extent, she's improving but Mayu is playing better than she is overall. And then at one point Clayton said something like "Kurogo is sensational" and then they put up her stats = 27%. WTF. Then Ishii comes in for Mayu? Maybe Nakada was resting Mayu because her serve was vital to Japan winning. Yes, not Mayu's best match, but overall in the tournament I think she is contributing well.

Having said that ... I think Japan's win was "convincing", just not a satisfying match -- but that's a bit to do with the fact that I really like Turkey and as far as I'm concerned they didn't bring it (again, often "not bringing it" can simply mean the other team is beating you. Japan beat them. Yep :box:)

• Hey sean1

A couple things left me off about the match:

1. I don't think Gui respected Japan enough to really try and win the match
    2. Mayu is being shaded a bit. The intro of the match had Kurogo as "one of the players to watch" ... okay to an extent, she's improving but Mayu is playing better than she is overall. And then at one point Clayton said something like "Kurogo is sensational" and then they put up her stats = 27%. WTF. Then Ishii comes in for Mayu? Maybe Nakada was resting Mayu because her serve was vital to Japan winning. Yes, not Mayu's best match, but overall in the tournament I think she is contributing well.

Having said that ... I think Japan's win was "convincing", just not a satisfying match -- but that's a bit to do with the fact that I really like Turkey and as far as I'm concerned they didn't bring it (again, often "not bringing it" can simply mean the other team is beating you. Japan beat them. Yep :box:)

They beat them last 2019 too right?

I think the reason people and by people I mean the teams and their coaches underestimate Japan is because they don't know a single player they can really call a threat which they usually focus on or warn their players to watch out for and stuff like that. When Daalderop was interviewed for Ziggo she couldn't even name a single player.

• They beat them last 2019 too right?

I think the reason people and by people I mean the teams and their coaches underestimate Japan is because they don't know a single player they can really call a threat which they usually focus on or warn their players to watch out for and stuff like that. When Daalderop was interviewed for Ziggo she couldn't even name a single player.

Yes, Japan beat them last VNL 3–0. I think it's a good matchup though.

And you get BINGO on that next paragraph. That's one of the reasons I love Japan, but it's not the way most people and by most people I mean most people :) judge/enjoy/respect volleyball.

• Seki or Tashiro for the second setter spot?

Tashiro I bet. Seki seems to have faded out