Japan Women's NT 2021

• Agreed that Kurogo should go back to OH. If Kurogo starts, Ishikawa can sub for her or viceversa.

As for Ishii... I think they should just invest on someone younger, they really need continuity. There's no point in using people in their 30s who are likely to retire before Paris 2024. Momii, Koga, Ishikawa, Kurogo, Yamada, Hayashi will still be playing by then

• Takeshita is right though. With Araki's exit all the veterans should follow her. It's time for the new gen to take over. This OG bombed big time and it's obvious that coaches are now prioritizing new blood. They should let go of all of Nakada's veterans and let Koga lead.

• Not entirely Nakada's fall tbh. From Ryu Takamiya back in 2019:

This about Miyashita, though, is very illuminating. I'm shocked in 2019 she would still think like that. Really shocked. Someone should talk some sense into her head, it's crazy.

By the way, I wasn't here when the announcement for the final 12 was delivered. I haven't been following much lately, but I was very surprised not seeing Miyashita among the 12. Did Nakada ever ellaborate on her choice of setters?

• This about Miyashita, though, is very illuminating. I'm shocked in 2019 she would still think like that. Really shocked. Someone should talk some sense into her head, it's crazy.

By the way, I wasn't here when the announcement for the final 12 was delivered. I haven't been following much lately, but I was very surprised not seeing Miyashita among the 12. Did Nakada ever ellaborate on her choice of setters?

Yeah, it's something like...Momii is a southpaw therefore she is superior

• The unanswered questions about Aihara are growing. Where do people get their info on what they think he's thinking?

the important ones to be sourced or killed

1. was Kurogo his theory?
    2. is he anti-Miyashita
  • By the way, I need to say this out loud: I've been reading the last few pages from this thread and I am FASCINATED and intrigued about this ace talk. It's like it's this whole anthropological uncharted universe for me, at least. I knew Japan was peculiar about certain things, but still.

• What theory?

that the Kurogo would be Nagaoka 2021.

I thought the Kurogo was Nakada's thing

• Takeshita is right though. With Araki's exit all the veterans should follow her. It's time for the new gen to take over. This OG bombed big time and it's obvious that coaches are now prioritizing new blood. They should let go of all of Nakada's veterans and let Koga lead.

some of those kids are not ready for prime time yet. Kurogo is one of those. All the veterans. Whose left right now? Araki, Ishii, Shimamura and Tashiro.

2020 this team would have been better with Shinnabe and Nabeya in the mix. Better passing and capability off the bench.
    Koga more or less was the best player in 3 matches. Shimamura did much better than Erika (love Erika but her numbers sucked) and Yamada should have got more court time.

They wasted time on Nagaoka waiting for her.

• By the way, I need to say this out loud: I've been reading the last few pages from this thread and I am FASCINATED and intrigued about this ace talk. It's like it's this whole anthropological uncharted universe for me, at least. I knew Japan was peculiar about certain things, but still.

The ace player usually is the one who gets the ball no matter how high the ball is or bad the pass was from the setter.

It's not a japanese concept. It is very popular in many asian nations with basketball backgrounds because almost every team in basketball needs an ace to thrive.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney