Italian Women NT 2021

• I wouldn't mind Sorokaite out for Nwakalor and maybe someone else instead of Folie but other than that I agree!

As far as libero goes I hope they start investing on De Bortoli instead of Parrocchiale, Parrocchiale is good but overall De Bortoli seems the one to be more complete and close to the type of plays De Gennaro has

For me it doesn’t make any sense to bring Sorokate.

And I wouldn’t be surprise if Folie again become starter for ECH :whistle:

Forsino should be at ECH because She is great serving sub, but De Bortoli is great libero. I don’t know why would they bring Parrocchiale when they have this two great talents at their sides.

• I know there must be more options.. I meant if one of the players who was cut for the Olympics was a setter.. They should try and bring 3 to the ECH

Eh not really. I'd say third in the rankings right now would be Bosio but she only played VNL, she has never been with the A team. I don't think she could have a big impact with only 10 days of training.

Up until 2018/19 there was Cambi who was the backup in the WCh but she has been straight up awful in these last 3 seasons and hasn't even been called on extended roster

• I know that his words were taken out of context, but it was so predictable. He said that to avoid judgment on his own choices. Media is not even interested in technical stuff, they just want to praise or blame Egonu and he know that. I didn’t even understand the reason why Coni’s president declared that he was expecting a medal in volleyball. Everyone is blaming the girls/Egonu (too exposed, self referential and so on) but they were the only having all these expectations on them.

Sorry this is a reach. He was asked if the context had any influence in the performance and answered specifying that's not the reason they lost and it was no excuse. The interview was also taken in a very hot moment (minutes after losing with Serbia) and I'm sure he would have been more careful on what he said if he was asked on a different moment, but there was no malice nor any ulterior motive.

• Praying for Gennari, even though noone like this idea except me :rolll:

But I don’t think their is no single chance that we are gone watch Bosio, not that She doesn’t deserve it but because their is only 10days until ECH and they haven’t started to train and Bosio hasn’t trained with no single player yet.

I don’t think that even Nwakalor will not join the team. I think She was at vacation I haven’t see her train at all.

Gennaro is gone probably be at ECH and one more libero, Maybe Fersino.

Just ten days until ECh!?! My god :/

• For me it doesn’t make any sense to bring Sorokate.

I also think Gennari is a good option but Sorokaite can really be useful if used in a right way not just to serve in random moments. I remember the Club World Championship Final when she was the one playing not Sylla. I think she can do ok as OH but only when the other one is receiving good ( like Hill ) but that is a problem for Italy. But as an OPP she can also be good but Mazzanti needs to realize that Egonu also can be subbed, because when she is playing bad and he still doesnt sub her it’s only bad for her confidence.

• he said also they were overstimated but they have paola egonu but who was the setter? One that isn't even at top 10 so.... and setting is one of most important aspects in vb

He was right

• And it was during the closing ceremony. That sounded so unpleasant and mean to Malinov and Orro. Unprofessional. Italian media are showing a clear dislike for the women’s volleyball team. I’ve heard cheering basically everyone, even the ones who underperformed, except for them. We can all agree there are many problems, but the words and tone they use show an underlying aversion.

It is not like Italy was getting a medal from each Olympics so i don't see why media was so disappointed 😅

• It is not like Italy was getting a medal from each Olympics so i don't see why media was so disappointed 😅

Because italians love to trash whoever is given as a favourite pre Olympics but ends up with mediocre results, we're talking about people that doesn't follow volleyball and doesn't know what are the previous results for Italy.

A very similar thing happened in 2012 with the swimming squad, but back then social media weren't as widespread as they are today so it was less intense for the people involved (and there was some actual mess on the squad lol)

• Poor girls, poor Egonu.

Even her stories at instagram are so sad. It is very hard for them, especially her because everyone was thinking that She alone can win Olympics by herself.

I have feeling that She had huge pressure , and I think She doesn’t have problem with it because She is on pressure all the time. But She can change other players around her.

I really hope they will do extra at ECH and try to win this competiton to build up condifence that they need right now.

• He basically saying that the national team was getting way too overhyped and the setters are awful. Which is not entirely false but still pretty tastless to say like that on an official sport broadcast

Wow I can't imagine someone saying that on live national tv :white: they should be fired, that's not how you speak towards the members of your NT if they perform good or bad period...

• i doubt we're gonna see any news in this team,gonna be the same players to olympics or the ones that were training and didn't make it to the final list

Some clubs are already training and some vnl girls the same as mazzaro,bosio 😪 (she should go)

• i doubt we're gonna see any news in this team,gonna be the same players to olympics or the ones that were training and didn't make it to the final list

Some clubs are already training and some vnl girls the same as mazzaro,bosio 😪 (she should go)

It is going to be between Gennaro and Gennari.
    One player is gone be libero and this two are the last one who trained, and maybe Gennaro is gone say no She is not such an active player in NT.

Gennari :woohoo::rolll:

• They're both called Gennari. None of them is called Gennaro lol

okej:rolll:

Oh God how easy people gets likes on my name:mirror: