USA Women's NT 2021

• Have you seen all USA matches? If not then go watch! You comparing NT to club team or USA karch to guidetti in vakifbank - that's what you call irrelevant. Team captain should always be in the court (most of the time) to take the role and responsibilities as acaptain. When you see larson playing and not doing well then don't expect karch will sub her out that easily and it affect his decision making. Have you seen vnl or world champions where almost all OH played libero. If we haven't seen kelsey switching from OH to libero in world championship we will never realised she is perfect for that position why will you not do that in olympic if that's the key for winning? Unless switching position is prohibited in olympic.

There are many team captains who doesn't play as starter in NT as well. Chirichella in italy as an example won't be starter for sure and there's a chance that she won't even make the OG roster. You really exaggerate the role of team captain

• There are many team captains who doesn't play as starter in NT as well. Chirichella in italy as an example won't be starter for sure and there's a chance that she won't even make the OG roster. You really exaggerate the role of team captain

This is from the FIVB

"DURING THE MATCH and while on the court, the team captain is the

game captain. When the team captain is not on the court, the coach
    or the team captain must assign another player on the court, but not
    the Libero, to assume the role of game captain. This game captain
    maintains his/her responsibilities until he/she is substituted, or the team
    captain returns to play, or the set ends."

There's no reason Larson can't give the captaincy to whichever setter/other outside is on the floor.

The USA has a very flexible leadership system. Carlini is the most vocal when she's on court. She's very much the "spirit" captain of the team.

• I love Adams and I always have but I think she is less likely going to OG. Her last active season was two years ago and she wasn’t very well, last year she was recovering and she started this year good but had to leave her team to focus on her recovery. I am sure all those inactive and injured period has taken away something from her game and it would show against strong opponents.

• We could all be underestimating the impact of the athlete’s performance in the USA gym when it comes to roster selections. Or overestimating club performance as a barometer for Karch.

I feel like having a fantastic club season is a prerequisite to get invited to train with the NT only for those who aren’t yet on the radar or who haven’t been in the USA gym for long. For the vets, it probably won’t matter as much since they’ll still be invited to train anyway.

What matters more is that they perform their best in the gym and at VNL. Probably why Adams shut down her season and opted to rehab to be ready for next year instead.

I’m not so sure what to think about having passion, being all-in, etc. with regards to being selected for the Olympics. If you get selected for the Olympics because you’ve shown you’re the best at your position in training and at VNL, does it matter that you didn’t play club the past year or that someone less talented was more committed?

Didn’t Logan Tom quit indoors for a couple of years (?) after Athens only to come back to the team for Beijing?

• How quickly have people turned on Lowe? It wasnt that long ago when people were hoping she'd return. Actualy Im not even that surprised since a lot of the same people that were too blind to see the potential in Drews and SWP are now singing them praises. It really is what have you done for me lately kinda world around here.

Lowe was very forthcoming about her battle with anxieties being far from home but she still went the pro route because that is what's expected of her. Her decision to stay and train at home has more to do with her mental health than thinking she doesnt have to since the Opp opening is practicaly hers. She know shes in the outside looking in. Fighthing for a slim chance is the opposite of being entitled.

• Mary Lake posted on IG that she's officially done with international volleyball :( she said she was burnt out from it.

She's currently getting her master's degree and wants to work in an accounting firm. Hopes to develop passing/defense courses for youth players and continue hosting camps for them as well

• Mary Lake posted on IG that she's officially done with international volleyball :( she said she was burnt out from it.

She's currently getting her master's degree and wants to work in an accounting firm. Hopes to develop passing/defense courses for youth players and continue hosting camps for them as well

She was so good. :(

I think Karch didn't feel her good vibes.

• You don't need to play 15 years to have a mental break or burnout... Sad news for USA, but I hope she finds enjoyment in her life once again :flower:

• She only played sporadically in VNL and she got tired of it? Desk job would fit her.

getting deported in Russia or China probably didn’t help 🙊😂

but she’s been playing volleyball non-stop for probably 10 years. That’d be enough for most people with one specific hobby. I don’t really blame her. Plus there’s not many opportunities as an American libero. An accountant will make good 💵💵

• getting deported in Russia or China probably didn’t help 🙊😂

but she’s been playing volleyball non-stop for probably 10 years. That’d be enough for most people with one specific hobby. I don’t really blame her. Plus there’s not many opportunities as an American libero. An accountant will make good 💵💵

True indeed! There are only a few league who uses their foreigner spot for libero but not the top 3 league (Turkey, Italy and Russia). And they are not paid as good as spikers. So I can imagine such players can find better paid jobs with their college degrees. Also Corona made things way more complicated to move abroad

• True indeed! There are only a few league who uses their foreigner spot for libero but not the top 3 league (Turkey, Italy and Russia). And they are not paid as good as spikers. So I can imagine such players can find better paid jobs with their college degrees. Also Corona made things way more complicated to move abroad

She got married this past summer too. She seems very family centric. She's LDS too I think. Probably makes her want to be home more too.