USA Women's NT 2021

• If we get Kevin Barnett with him in the booth that should be enough to take care of the no fun no joy sitch.

~TBF with Claire she was really good doing sideline for the hockey wc a couple months back. She was trying too hard here and unfortunately flopped~

Y’all I like Clare Hanna. It’s like I’m watching a Disney actress doing commentary for VB.

• On the opposite end of mispronounciations (ya'll should here the way I've pronounced some names before I've ever heard them correctly (sorry Tugba), but I'm not being paid to do it live on TV) is when folks try and emulate the local flavor. I appreciated the one guy who emphasized the first syllable of Japanese names, but the female who rolled her "r"s for Toray Arrows was a little off.

Claire never let the game breathe. You gotta be really good if you're never going to shut up

[Edit] am I in the right thread fo this :rolll:

• Well, there was one thing she could actually try harder to do, and that would be to actually learn the players names... It's been 48 hours since the final and I'm still wondering who are all these players, such as Ozbee, Tandaira, Kurogu, Akinra(insert indefinite amount of letters here)dewo, Festova, etc and what team they belong to. Seems like I'll have to wait till next year to find out.

Welcome to the party, commentators say Brazilian names wrong every single time... I'm so used to that that it doesn't even bother me anymore :lol:

• On the opposite end of mispronounciations (ya'll should here the way I've pronounced some names before I've ever heard them correctly (sorry Tugba), but I'm not being paid to do it live on TV) is when folks try and emulate the local flavor. I appreciated the one guy who emphasized the first syllable of Japanese names, but the female who rolled her "r"s for Toray Arrows was a little off.

Claire never let the game breathe. You gotta be really good if you're never going to shut up

[Edit] am I in the right thread fo this :rolll:

Salima did this for Brazil and it annoyed me lol

• Saworai one was the one who commented the Japan VS China QF match in London.

Kim Yongyong was the Philippines announcer for Asean Games.

That could be the accent too, no? I have two Filipino co-workers and one of them can't seem to get my name right. Old dude tried every variation you could imagine. Ree-beer, Ray-bare, Re-bear. I don't really care but his friend teases him constantly about his struggle so now he pauses for a sec (he tend to speak at a blindingly fast rate) just to get my name right. His best stab at it still sounds like he's saying "ribber" but that's close enough for me. We call him Mr. D and I'm pretty sure whatever that D is we'll butcher it too if we tried, so.... :lol:

• That could be the accent too, no? I have two Filipino co-workers and one of them can't seem to get my name right. Old dude tried every variation you could imagine. Ree-beer, Ray-bare, Re-bear. I don't really care but his friend teases him constantly about his struggle so now he pauses for a sec (he tend to speak at a blindingly fast rate) just to get my name right. His best stab at it still sounds like he's saying "ribber" but that's close enough for me. We call him Mr. D and I'm pretty sure whatever that D is we'll butcher it too if we tried, so.... :lol:

There are rarely sports commentators in the Philippines with rural accents even for local games they tend to speak in English or TagLish (Tagalog & English). What most likely happened was the commentator read her name wrong and just went with it regardless.

• That could be the accent too, no? I have two Filipino co-workers and one of them can't seem to get my name right. Old dude tried every variation you could imagine. Ree-beer, Ray-bare, Re-bear. I don't really care but his friend teases him constantly about his struggle so now he pauses for a sec (he tend to speak at a blindingly fast rate) just to get my name right. His best stab at it still sounds like he's saying "ribber" but that's close enough for me. We call him Mr. D and I'm pretty sure whatever that D is we'll butcher it too if we tried, so.... :lol:

Maybe, but South East Asians have the most flexible tongue. 😂 Plus Kim Yeonkoung is not a tongue twister. To think of it, she IS KYK. It is impossible to be a volleyball commentator and don’t know her name. 😂

• The medal outfits looks cute NGL. I like the cleanliness of the white.

Right??? What's not to like? The minimalism. The wrinkly paper like aesthetic, it's very wabi-sabi. Its looks like a fashion forward Gi. Like a conservative Rick Owens designed sweatsuit. It's perfect. I'd rock one. It would look good running errands at Trader Joe's or sippin cocktail at Soho House. It's called FASHUN sweeties! :mirror:

• Right??? What's not to like? The minimalism. The wrinkly paper like aesthetic, it's very wabi-sabi. Its looks like a fashion forward Gi. Like a conservative Rick Owens designed sweatsuit. It's perfect. I'd rock one. It would look good running errands at Trader Joe's or sippin cocktail at Soho House. It's called FASHUN sweeties! :mirror:

is this a copypasta?

i hope its a copypasta lol

• After watching some of the matches, I find the defense at position 1 and 2 is not good. The only good floor defender Carlini is not the Olympic roaster. I think Kiraly chose Hancock was because of her serve. However, I doubt that her serve would make a big difference. For instance, it didn't work at all when against China. Moreover, Poulter's performance at VNL was very inconsistence as well. Thinking about their style, Hancock is not a good sub for her. I still think Carlini would be a better option.

Hill's position is really awkward at the moment. She it the 4th OH and will likely just enter as a service or back row sub. I can understand why Kiraly wanted to take her. After all, Hill is the representative for the their system and it was Kiraly that chose her for the system. However, Hill is not in her best shape anymore. SWP could be a better option, but Kiraly values the experienced player more.

• After watching some of the matches, I find the defense at position 1 and 2 is not good. The only good floor defender Carlini is not the Olympic roaster. I think Kiraly chose Hancock was because of her serve. However, I doubt that her serve would make a big difference. For instance, it didn't work at all when against China. Moreover, Poulter's performance at VNL was very inconsistence as well. Thinking about their style, Hancock is not a good sub for her. I still think Carlini would be a better option.

Hill's position is really awkward at the moment. She it the 4th OH and will likely just enter as a service or back row sub. I can understand why Kiraly wanted to take her. After all, Hill is the representative for the their system and it was Kiraly that chose her for the system. However, Hill is not in her best shape anymore. SWP could be a better option, but Kiraly values the experienced player more.

I was originally okay with Hancock and Poulter... but I've changed my mind about that... Hancock just isn't it.. especially when Poulter is struggling.

Hill is just a bad option when you already have Larson and Krob.

But Karch is going to Karch. Hopefully this is his last games.