2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Christenson (S), Volkov (Oh), Shcherbinin (Mb), and I. Fedorov (L) to Zenit Kazan. The team is almost complete, just the second setter is missing.

• Diego Mosna basically said both Lucarelli and Abdel-Aziz have been released from their contracts with Trento. Nimir might end up in Modena, while Lucarelli is most likely between Lube and Perugia.

• It is more probable that Lucarelli will play for Civitanova: firstly, according to rumors, Civitanova and him are already in agreement about his contract, secondly, with potential departure of Nimir, it is possible that Trentino will receive a card of Kamil Rychlicki in exchange, who would fill a spot as an opposite. Perugia has been approaching Trentino (and Lucarelli) as well, but according to GLP, he's closer to Civitanova.

First and foremost, it would be insane if Modena gets Nimir and Rossini from Trentino: Bruno, Nimir, Stankovic, Leal and Ngapeth, and that is a probable scenario (again, according to GLP).

• Diego Mosna basically said both Lucarelli and Abdel-Aziz have been released from their contracts with Trento. Nimir might end up in Modena, while Lucarelli is most likely between Lube and Perugia.

I didn’t expect Trento would let go Nimir.:what: I remember in mid season there was rumor that a Russian club (I forget which one) was interested in him, so Trento offered him a multi-year contract in order to have him stayed in the team?

Unless Trento faces budget problem, the rumor of exchanging Nimir for Rychlicki is such a weird move. Rychlicki is not bad but he’s nowhere close to Nimir’s level.

• I didn’t expect Trento would let go Nimir.:what: I remember in mid season there was rumor that a Russian club (I forget which one) was interested in him, so Trento offered him a multi-year contract in order to have him stayed in the team?

Unless Trento faces budget problem, the rumor of exchanging Nimir for Rychlicki is such a weird move. Rychlicki is not bad but he’s nowhere close to Nimir’s level.

Yeah budget is the issue

• It looks like they over-invested: they built a team this season based on a bigger budget than in past 5-6 years, but can't afford the same team for a next season, what is especially harmful considering a fact that they didn't win a single trophy this year, this loss against Zaksa was really a killer. Diego Mosna said that their budget is too low to keep this team, so you can imagine that losing Lisinac (Piacenza? Civitanova?) and replacing Lucarelli, Nimir and Kooy with much cheaper players like Rychlicki, Lavia or Kaziyski, would make it work. He also said that even Giannelli's departure is possible based on his intentions. They can still have pretty decent team able to fight for a 4th/5th spot of a league though: Lavia, Michieletto, Kaziyski, Rychlicki - that is still pretty decent core of wingers, but obviously not on a level of top teams, especially if Modena/Perugia/Civitanova take Trentino's best players.

• It looks like they over-invested: they built a team this season based on a bigger budget than in past 5-6 years, but can't afford the same team for a next season, what is especially harmful considering a fact that they didn't win a single trophy this year, this loss against Zaksa was really a killer. Diego Mosna said that their budget is too low to keep this team, so you can imagine that losing Lisinac (Piacenza? Civitanova?) and replacing Lucarelli, Nimir and Kooy with much cheaper players like Rychlicki, Lavia or Kaziyski, would make it work. He also said that even Giannelli's departure is possible based on his intentions. They can still have pretty decent team able to fight for a 4th/5th spot of a league though: Lavia, Michieletto, Kaziyski, Rychlicki - that is still pretty decent core of wingers, but obviously not on a level of top teams, especially if Modena/Perugia/Civitanova take Trentino's best players.

Thanks for the detailed explanation:heart:

I really enjoyed watching Giannelli play in the Italy NT after replacing Travica ; great potential to become the best setter, especially even with his block and serve. Not sure what happened in the past few years, a bit disappointing ...

• That's just a catastrophic consequence even beyond my calculations for Trentino.

Trento is one of my favorite teams with the way they handle their budget after the Juantorena/Kaziyski era and this is just too soon for a club to possibly end like this after such a great european campaign albeit without the top honours.

Giannelli's potential departure is going to hurt for years. Being the leader of the team at such an early age made it possible for Trentino to build a team strong enough to compete in Superlega. I just can't see anyone replacing him that's not a foreigner and without loyalty to the club would make the next seasons unstable with too many changes until something finally sticks.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Piacenza kinda started real early in the market. Totally missed Giannelli by a hair with the Brizard signing...I don't like Giannelli in Perugia and I wish he just re-signs in Trentino or go to a more ambitious club like Piacenza instead of the predictable Perugia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Nimir will play in Russia.

Kemerovo and Zenit St. Petersburg could need someone like him.

At this time of Nimir's career, he should really think about making money. Considering how unstable italian clubs' financials are, I don't think it's worth for him to stay in Superlega anymore.

#FreeBritney

If Simone leaves Trentino this season, who could replace him? A starter Italian setter is super valued in Italian League. Most of all the top setters have already signed. There are rumours Perugia wants Simone, so maybe Travica could end in Trento? :huh: It would be such a downgrade. With al the due respect towards Dragan, he showed this season that he istn anymore in the level of a top team.

• If Simone leaves Trentino this season, who could replace him? A starter Italian setter is super valued in Italian League. Most of all the top setters have already signed. There are rumours Perugia wants Simone, so maybe Travica could end in Trento? :huh: It would be such a downgrade. With al the due respect towards Dragan, he showed this season that he istn anymore in the level of a top team.

These rumors about Giannelli started like yesterday, I haven't seen any rumors about potential replacement. Italian options are first and foremost: Travica and Sbertoli, I like very much a potential of the latter, Pasini last week wrote that he's close to go to Perugia despite valid contract with Milano. But it all depends on the rest of a lineup of Trentino, if Lisinac goes away as well and Italian MB takes his place, Trentino THEORETICALLY would have a free spot for a foreign setter.

But most importantly: at this point we don't know how big will be a budget of Trentino and what replacement we will see in a starting lineup, maybe in next few days we'll find out more.

• I think Nimir will play in Russia.

Kemerovo and Zenit St. Petersburg could need someone like him.

At this time of Nimir's career, he should really think about making money. Considering how unstable italian clubs' financials are, I don't think it's worth for him to stay in Superlega anymore.

It's not that italian clubs are unstable. In the woman's league it could be, but not in Superlega. Clubs have strict financial parameters to be part of Superlega.

The only 2 clubs having some kind of troubles in the last years are NBV Verona and Porto Robur Costa (Ravenna). In Verona the club was sold last year to a new society and they changed name from BluVolley Verona to NBV Verona (NBV means Nuova BluVolley). In Ravenna the local autorities are doing nothing to help the club, so it could be leaving Superlega in the next weeks (it seems almost sure right now). You can see some club giving up on Superlega at the end of the season, but you won't see a club leaving the league in the middle of the season or disappearing after a relegation, like it happened many times in the women's Serie A1 in the last years.

Trentino is probably facing some difficulties. But who isn't? Italian economy is on its knees because of Covid-19. I'm not surprised if some sponsors won't come back next season: 45% of small companies is risking the bankruptcy in Italy. In any case, we don't know why Trentino would be giving up on them yet. They maybe just want to save money, waiting for better times.

• Trentino is probably facing some difficulties. But who isn't? Italian economy is on its knees because of Covid-19. I'm not surprised if some sponsors won't come back next season: 45% of small companies is risking the bankruptcy in Italy. In any case, we don't know why Trentino would be giving up on them yet. They maybe just want to save money, waiting for better times.

Yup, let's calm down, besides Russia - Perugia, Modena, Civitanova have the highest budgets in whole Europe, bigger than budgets in Poland and Turkey. Perugia pays 900,000 euro to Leon, Modena was able to outbid Civitanova and sign Leal for (allegedly) astronomical fee, Civitanova has probably the best team in Europe on paper, and even Piacenza was able to pay 500,000 euro to Grozer and Russell last year, and it doesn't sound like their budget will decrease in 2021 with buyout of Lagumdzija, Brizard from Russia or Rossard as a revelation of a league hired, with Russell kept in a roster. I have no idea what Nimir will do, but it looks like there's no space for Nimir in top Russian clubs, where Poletaev, Luburic, Sokolov and Mikhaylov (and allegedly Alan Souza) will play in clubs that participate in European cups next year. If Nimir goes to Modena, he'll get every penny he deserves. Asia? He refuses an offer to play there last year

In general, I'm quite suprised that Italian clubs are doing so well on a trade market despite COVID-related problems, there are potential problems of Casalmaggiore, Bergamo, Verona or Ravenna, and we see that Trentino won't maintain its squad, but in general the top teams on paper in both leagues are at least as competitive as they were this year, or even more. If Trentino really collapses as a top team, it looks like its top players will play in other Italian clubs, and Modena takes its place next year. In place of Italian fans, I'd be rather happy about this situation (Italian league still being probably the best).

Budget of Italian teams may fluctuate from season to season a lot though, but they don't have a support of state-owned enterprises like clubs in Russia or (partially) in Poland. And that's a case with Trentino, it seems.