Polish NT 2021

• Speaking of Gryka, I don't think she will be part of VNL team.

She will be in Poland at the end of May and on August she starts another season in USA.

Andrzej Grzyb, manager of many volleyball players, said one week ago that she is called to (this year's) NT - at least I understood his words this way.

So I guess the names list is prepared but not announced yet.

Source:

• Yes, I've heard it. I guess she will be part of national team, but I'm not sure if she will be playing in official games.

As you probably know, teams need to be in Italy around May 10th. Not sure if she can make it on time. In addition, she starts her college season in August so she's out of EuroVolley 2021.

• Yes, I've heard it. I guess she will be part of national team, but I'm not sure if she will be playing in official games.

As you probably know, teams need to be in Italy around May 10th. Not sure if she can make it on time. In addition, she starts her college season in August so she's out of EuroVolley 2021.

Ok, I'm not aware how this looks exactly. I think it's agreement between player and a coach, so if she will be missing on the list/competition it's probably university reason.

• Let's wait for official information :)

I hope Nawrocki will make good selections this year. I'm kind of afraid of libero position, because he used to took only Stenzel and Jagła. Jagła has really bad season, probably the worst sice she plays in highest division. I'd like to see this year Stenzel, Łysiak and maybe Drabek as defending libero.

• Since Wołosz and Smarzek will be absent this is my roster for VNL:

S: Kowalewska, Grabka

OPP: Stysiak

MBs: Kąkolewska, Alagierska, Centka, Drużkowska

OHs: Górecka, Fedusio, Różański, Szlagowska, Wójcik

L: Stenzel, Drabek

Starting 7:

Kowalewska - Stysiak

Górecka - Różański

Alagierska - Centka/Kąkolewska

Stenzel

• Roster for the first part of season:

S: Marta Krajewska, Martyna Łazowska, Julia Nowicka, Ewelina Polak, Katarzyna Wenerska

MB: Klaudia Alagierska, Weronika Centka, Zuzanna Efimienko, Aleksandra Gryka, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Anna Stencel, Marta Ziółkowska

OH: Martyna Czyrniańska, Monika Fedusio, Zuzanna Górecka, Martyna Grajber, Martyna Łukasik, Paulina Damaske, Olivia Różański, Weronika Szlagowska, Aleksandra Wójcik

OPP: Karolina Drużkowska, Magdalena Stysiak, Aleksandra Rasińska, Malwina Smarzek

L: Monika Jagła, Justyna Łysiak, Maria Stenzel

• maj ??? Why

• Overall, really good choices, but some players are missing, I hope at least few of them will join later:

S: Alicja Grabka, Joanna Wołosz, Marlena Kowalewska

MB: Kamila Witkowska, Monika Ptak

OH: Julita Piasecka, Natalia Mędrzyk, Zuzanna Szperlak

OPP: Julia Szczurowska

L: Paulina Maj-Erwardt, Kinga Drabek

• I don’t understand why he didn’t call Grabka and Witkowska. Really weird decision.

• We had already talked with Asia about the national team season and agreed that she would be available for the European Championships. There is also an open topic with Marlena, as with Natalia Mędrzyk, who, for personal reasons, cannot take part in the first training camp yet. - said Polish coach.

• I saw on Volleybox that Alexandra Gryka is the sister of Magdalena, is that true? Why does Alexandra play for Poland? Magdalena grew up in Germany and played for German NTs since youth categories...

I don't think so.

1. They don't look like sisters.

2. Magda was born in Białystok and moved to Germany with her parents.

3. Alex was born in Warsaw and spent her whole junior career in Piaseczno and Legionowo. As far as I know she has only one brother.

• We had already talked with Asia about the national team season and agreed that she would be available for the European Championships. There is also an open topic with Marlena, as with Natalia Mędrzyk, who, for personal reasons, cannot take part in the first training camp yet. - said Polish coach.

So not including Kamila Witkowska, Monika Ptak, Maj and Grabka is technical decision?

I understand about Asia but also missing Marlena will hurt the team. This means they will play two 'new' setters during ECh, which can be hard to get a nice rhythm for the team. Poland has a good chance for a medal after so many years, I hope they won't blow it

• So not including Kamila Witkowska, Monika Ptak, Maj and Grabka is technical decision?

I'm sure the coach didn't want to call Maj for purpose. Maybe he wants younger players to gain experience but I guess there is something wrong with their relations.

Why I'm sure, - Maj wasn't called even for the Olympics Qualification in Apeldoorn where she could help a lot. Here is an interview with her when she says that is surprised that she was not called for the tournament and that she was available: https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/si…i-przykro-bylam-do-dyspoz

Monika Ptak is really good player. She in already 31, so maybe it is better to try younger players? Despite Efimienko is the oldest in NT, she was always available for NT and maybe Nawrocki want to have young and/or already tested players.

Witkowska was average in NT and I'm also not convinced to her, she was missing even ECH 2019, so the coach probably sees other players and I think it's time for Centka, so from my personal view, missing Witkowska is not a big waste.

I understand about Asia but also missing Marlena will hurt the team. This means they will play two 'new' setters during ECh, which can be hard to get a nice rhythm for the team. Poland has a good chance for a medal after so many years, I hope they won't blow it

Yes, these names are able to achieve some successes, but let's be honest, not with this coach. So I don't look serious at our women's team as long as Nawrocki holds the position.

• So not including Kamila Witkowska, Monika Ptak, Maj and Grabka is technical decision?

Sorry, I misread your message and though you are asking about Aleksandra Gryka.

So coach gave an interview and clarified a few things:

1. Wołosz is no.1 and will join the team before ECH.

2. Kowalewska is missing because coach decided to not to call her. He want to create a new young player at the setter position (but she still may comeback /I guess if youngsters would be disaster/).

3. Alicja Grabka is missing because of healthy reasons and there was no sense to risk. Both sides want her to be 100% prepared to join NT.

4. Natalia Mędrzyk has some personal issues and is the only person (next to Wołosz) which absence is agreed.

5. Martyna Grajber - he said something like this: We talked with Martyna about her role in the team. In fact, the girls will come to the training camp in a month. Until then, many different things can happen - so as I understand she is listed but probably won't join the team or won't play at VNL.

6. NT group will consist 17 players (training and VNL team).

• Thanks for the clarifications!

I understand that coach wants to invest youngsters but Asia will most likely be with the team during next Olympic cycle too and Kowaleska is not that old (29) so she could complement Asia for another Olympic cycle. It is not like Poland has many exceptionally talented players at the setter position anyways (except Grabka).