Polish NT 2021

• Polish coach Jacek Nawrocki should announce a list of players anytime soon, so who should be in the roster for this season in your opinion? :/

For me:

S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Nowicka, Polak (Grabka)

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek, Szczurowska, Rasińska (Gałkowska)

OH: Górecka, Fedusio, Mędrzyk, Różański, Szperlak, Wójcik (Szlagowska)

MB: Witkowska, Alagierska, Kąkolewska, Centka, Stencel, Ptak (Ziółkowska)

L: Łysiak, Stenzel, Drabek, Maj-Erwardt, Saad

Of course there would be also nice to see Skorupa but it’s impossible and Wasilewska but she is injured ;(

• Is the number of players he can call limited? My list is going to be long because a lot of players especially middles were good this season ^^ And as volleykovic said some of them are not likely to happen but who knows.

S : Skorupa, Wołosz, Kowalewska, Gajewska, Polak, Grabka

OPP : Stysiak, Smarzek, Rasińska, Szczurowska, Damaske

MB : Kąkolewska, Wasilewska, Alagierska, Ziółkowska, Ptak, Witkowska ( I love her block but tbh her attack was terrible this season but it's not just her fault but also Wrocław's setters ), Polańska, Jurczyk

OH : Mędrzyk, Fedusio, Wójcik, Szperlak, Kazała, Szlagowska, Górecka, Żurowska, Łukasik, Rozanski

L : Drabek, Strasz, Stenzel, Łysiak

• S: Wołosz, Skorupa, Kowalewska, Nowicka

Opp: Stysiak, Rasińska, Smarzek

M: Kąkolewska, Alagierska, Witkowska, Efimienko, Centka, Ziółkowska

Oh: Górecka, Łukasik, Fedusio, Mędrzyk, Wójcik, Różański

L: Łysiak, Stenzel, Maj-Erwardt

• S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Nowicka

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek, Rasinska

MBs: Kąkolewska, Alagierska, Centka, Chojnacka, Stencel

OHs: Górecka, Fedusio, Medrzyk, Różański, Wójcik, Szlagowska

L: Stenzel, Drabek, Łysiak

bright future for Szlagowska, tall, strong, young with good reception,

at this point I'm sick of Łukasik, she's not improving

• imo lukasil should be tested

And grajber wow

Imo poland have now young and talented players in OH but no one already good,if at least one of them arrive to play as in local lrague it gonna be so good

I have big hopes on gorecka

• S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Nowicka, Grabka

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek, Szczurowska, Rasińska

OH: Górecka, Fedusio, Mędrzyk, Kazała, Różański, Damaske, Szlagowska, Łukasik

MB: Alagierska, Centka, Stencel, Gryka, Ziółkowska, Kąkolewska

L: Stenzel, Drabek, Łysiak

But I think in VNL we won’t see Wołosz, Mędrzyk so maybe Gajewska/Łazowska/Poreda and Piasecka/Czyrniańska/Lijewska/Orzoł should be invited.

• I guess you think Smarzek won't be starter?? I thought Stysiak would play as OH and Smarzek as OPP in the national team.

• Yeah, Malwina should take a breath for a while, VNL is not that important.

I would start with:

Nowicka - Stysiak

Fedusio - Górecka

Centka - Alagierska/Gryka

Stenzel

Reception and defense should be very good, so MBs can be involved as much as possible.

• Reception and defense should be very good, so MBs can be involved as much as possible.

But with Nowicka as setter, MBs won't be used at all :D

I'm surprised so many people here put her as the starter setter. In my opinion she didn't make any progress in the last 3 years. She plays basically the same way as few years ago in Bielsko.

Her typical games look like, set to: Zone 4 - Zone 4 - Opposite - Zone 4 - Spike - Zone 4 - Opposite - Opposite etc.

I used to try to predict where she will set next ball during the matches. Unfortunately, I almost always got it right, so that 'game' is not that fun anymore.

• Nowicka barely uses MBs and generally is quite overrated IMHO. I would prefer to see Krajewska getting her shot instead of her. They are the same age but I think that Krajewska has a bigger potential and made a nice progress in the last few seasons considering that she had to stop playing volleyball for while due to a teenage pregnancy.

• But with Nowicka as setter, MBs won't be used at all :D

If Nowicka will be 1st setter, Polish NT can play with players like Kąkolewska, Alagierska or Lisiak - solid in block, okay with attack but not dominant.

If Kowalewska will be 1st, the most efficient will be line up with fast and dominant MBs like Centka, Stencel, Świrad or Gryka. (I’m sorry, but connection in slide attack with Kąkolewska is a joke for me). IMHO Gajewska has pretty good conection with fast MBs.

In my opinion the most universal setter are Wołosz and Grabka, they can play with all types of MBs.

So Nawrocki has so many options with setter-middles combo, but I think he is too blind to has any plan :down:

• Considering how Smarzek's performance this season was just awful, I think it would be better for her not to be a starter.

Considering how good Smarzek has almost always been in NT, maybe it will be good for her to get some confidence again by playing well in NT. But I wish that during VNL we will generally see young OHs, we haven't had that talented group of young left wings for a while.

• I get your point, but let's be real, would you set a lot to Lisiak, Moskwa? They are very weak in attack. Centka - Nowicka connection is not there yet. When Pencova was playing in Budowlani last year she was getting plenty opportunities to score.

I agree that Kowalewska is better in this kind of playing, but shouldn't we let youngsters play?

Among Grabka Nowicka and Krajewska I feel that Julka is the best one for now.

About Kąkolewska, she got a lot of hate this year, but she still remains as 2nd best blocker and attacker. I still demand more from her.

I hope Nawrocki won't forget about Gryka, she was better than Centka before the injury. Does anybody know how she's doing in the USA?

• Among Grabka Nowicka and Krajewska I feel that Julka is the best one for now.

I would say she's the worst from those three. IMO she didn't make any progress in the last two years. I think the reason she doesn't play more with MBs isn't that middles are bad, but she prefers to chose safer option. Often in the free ball she just sets to zone 4. It's easy for the opponents to read her.

Grabka started playing more with middles this season (probably because Oliveira doesn't play good). She has pretty well connection with Tokarska and Stafford. She can even set to her from 3rd meter.

Krajewska made huge progress in the last 4 years. From being teenager mom, through practising few times a week with junior players from Sparta Warsaw to being starting-six setter in Rzeszów.

Here are Gryka's stats:

https://usctrojans.com/sports/…er/aleksandra-gryka/11088

She played only few games in the last 3 years, I'm not sure how she would do with national team.

• Is Krajewska mom? I didn't know it.

I remember Wołosz in their age, she was so shaky, but creative at the same time.

We will see how those setters develop in the future.

• Is Krajewska mom? I didn't know it.

I remember Wołosz in their age, she was so shaky, but creative at the same time.

We will see how those setters develop in the future.

Yes, she is. She has a son who's 4-5 years old.

• I remember that Wołosz was guest in #7strefa in Polsat at the end of the 2020 and journalist Wanio asked her about NT ang she was really confused. She said that she doesn't know what future will bring, that she didn't talk with NT coach and it was really easy to hear skepticism in her voice. Maybe girls played in Apeldoorn only to take their last chance for the Olympics.

• I remember that Wołosz was guest in #7strefa in Polsat at the end of the 2020 and journalist Wanio asked her about NT ang she was really confused. She said that she doesn't know what future will bring, that she didn't talk with NT coach and it was really easy to hear skepticism in her voice. Maybe girls played in Apeldoorn only to take their last chance for the Olympics.

It's hard to be motivated, when the entire PZPS backed up Nawrocki and not the girls back then.

So sorry for all of them.