• that was typical old Iran. underestimating opponent, then losing focus after a controversial referee decision . I was really expecting Alekno to manage his team better. Iran simply lost the match after that point in the 5th set. he had to call the time out and calmed them down.

Iran was leading first set 19-13 or something like that and it looked like a quick 3-0 win. but then the "other Iran" (the ugly one) took over

this is the 3rd 3-0 defeat in a row. this time against the weakest team of VNL.

• Germany wont go anywhere with Schott 🙄

• that was typical old Iran. underestimating opponent, then losing focus after a controversial referee decision . I was really expecting Alekno to manage his team better. Iran simply lost the match after that point in the 5th set. he had to call the time out and calmed them down.

Iran was leading first set 19-13 or something like that and it looked like a quick 3-0 win. but then the "other Iran" (the ugly one) took over

this is the 3rd 3-0 defeat in a row. this time against the weakest team of VNL.

I agree. I also thought Alekno would manage better this aspect from Iran Nt. If there is something that prevent Iran to step up into the elite, is that attitude you pointed out. I was also watching the match and after 19-13, Iran playing good and Australia hopeless, I went to sleep cuz it seemed to a quick 3-0 win and boring match. When I woke up, they were playing a tie-break :what: Actually, Iran managed to lose the first two sets.

Sure, it was a controversial call for the referee, but it doesnt change the fact that Iran understimated Australia from the beginning. To be honest and with all the due respect to the Aussies, they played in the level showed through all the VNL, no worse or better.

• I agree. I also thought Alekno would manage better this aspect from Iran Nt. If there is something that prevent Iran to step up into the elite, is that attitude you pointed out. I was also watching the match and after 19-13, Iran playing good and Australia hopeless, I went to sleep cuz it seemed to a quick 3-0 win and boring match. When I woke up, they were playing a tie-break :what: Actually, Iran managed to lose the first two sets.

Sure, it was a controversial call for the referee, but it doesnt change the fact that Iran understimated Australia from the beginning. To be honest and with all the due respect to the Aussies, they played in the level showed through all the VNL, no worse or better.

maybe Alekno is still learning about his team, he saw them in the competition when he was coaching Russia but still this is different.

this is a very common thing in the Iranian league which annoys me a lot. it doesn't matter if the ref is correct or not, when the decision is final, arguing with the ref only hurts your own team. just move on and focus on the next point. Iran lost some crucial matches in 5th set because of talking too much with the ref and therefore losing the next point. it happened like millions teams already.

Kazemi was disappointing today, Alekno had to sub him with Saadat (who was better but still made crucial mistakes). I don't know if we ever see Ghafour in this competition. after each match they say he will be ready to play the next match but that "next match" never arrives.

btw I think the Australian libero Luke Perry was fantastic today, he saved some almost impossible balls.

• Do you guys have a link for Brazil vs Slovenia?

https://live.qq.com/10041521

No twitch broadcast for this match

• Slovenia sweeping off the floor with Brazil in the first set! 18-9 :what::sos::white:

Ropret is displaying such a good game so far: involving every single player in the attack, fooling Brazil MBs, etc.

For Brazil, Thales looks super slow in defense :gone:

• Brazil totally apathic in this first set.

Let's see if Slovenia will continue to play this good, especially in the service line.

• Slovenians need to chill out a bit. If it were a different referee they would have got a yellow card already.

Wallace playing well.

• Why does Mauricio Borges wear a mask while he plays?