2024 Paris Olympic Games

• Also funny that a VNL Team which Croatia is isn‘t even in the Top 24 of the World Ranking but Ukraine for example is.

And they will lose many points during VNL this year...

• Don't forget that Africa will get one spot

I already took the African spot into consideration

So:

6 spots to be won through the tournament.

6 spots left. 1 is going to France, 1 is going to Kenya or Cameroon. That means 4 spots for the highest ranking teams that aren't already qualified.

For the sake of argument, let's say teams ranked 1 to 6 qualify through the tournament. Rankings 7-10 would, in theory, be in. However, Russsia is currently ranked 8th. If they're out, the 11th placed team should take their spot. So the cutoff is either 10 or 11.

• Homers are homers, all over the world.:lol:

And to be clear, I primarily question Italy being 1st, especially if their OH keep playing as they are and Egonu doesn't come.

• Homers are homers, all over the world.:lol:

And to be clear, I primarily question Italy being 1st, especially if their OH keep playing as they are and Egonu doesn't come.

Don’t forget about the setters..

• It's not really a prediction, they just followed the world ranking/the seeding for the standings. It's more about where the cut of the teams not qualified through the tournament would be/which one are the likely candidates

It is a prediction, because they have China as ending 1st in their group and Serbia second even though the latter are world #1.

• Yeah because China was the first seeded as host, they just took the first two ranked in the order they were drafted

Are you saying this as someone who knows for a fact how and what they did, or is it just a rationalisation?

• Are you saying this as someone who knows for a fact how and what they did, or is it just a rationalisation?

The article says it's a simulation (not prediction) assuming the two qualified teams would be the ones with the better standing in the world ranking as of today, it seems logical to me they just followed the order of the draw for the write up considering they're not making any prediction

• Think of it this way. If a team goes 8-4 in VNL, and does not make the Finals, you will basically have 4 positive results. Say 8 points a win. 32 points movement positive versus negative.
    Turkey as VNL hosts last year, were 7-5.

Thailand finished at 5-7, so they dropped points as well.

unless there are some big upsets, Germany has too much ground to move. Canada is even further out. Thailand would need to probably reach semifinals to boost their score. Let alone gives them a chance for 3rd place.

Poland and Netherlands needs to have 6-6 record basically to stay in contention for the top 10-11. Belgium will not lose as many points with CEV Europe League, but a loss to a lower level side will cost more than a 5 set loss as worse competition.

VNL wins can get you 5-10 points possibly 15 if big upset.

• Will final berths be given based on WR after VNL 2023 or after Olympic qualification tournaments in September?

• VNL this year will be like WCH :lol: deep-strong roster will be very important. Crazy year and I hope that everyone will be healthly after NT season:whistle:

• VNL this year will be like WCH :lol: deep-strong roster will be very important. Crazy year and I hope that everyone will be healthly after NT season:whistle:

VNL 2024 will be counted as well. It will be even more important.

• VNL 2024 will be counted as well. It will be even more important.

Agree! I notice that after VNL 2024 ranking will be closed and than everything will be clear. OH God, how to survive this stress:gone: